something "special" for the fans from tickets.com

robbyr1

Boy what great news!!! If you bought tickets for Milwaukee from ticketmaster, you get all your money back, less a few dollars a ticket. But, if you bought your tickets from the official Guns n Roses site, they directed you to tickets.com. At Tickets.com you only get face value back for your tickets, $77, when you paid $90. So, I lose $104 for the 8 tickets that I bought for a show that's not even happening. Are you fucking kidding me!!!!!!!!!!

Boy what great news!!! If you bought tickets for Milwaukee from ticketmaster, you get all your money back, less a few dollars a ticket. But, if you bought your tickets from the official Guns n Roses site, they directed you to tickets.com. At Tickets.com you only get face value back for your tickets, $77, when you paid $90. So, I lose $104 for the 8 tickets that I bought for a show that's not even happening. Are you fucking kidding me!!!!!!!!!!

damn you got ripped off..

really..

damn..

If you paid through CC try desputing it, however it is just one of those things that come along with buying tickets. It definitely sucks man...

That's fucked.

I really suggest you write an email to management about this ASAP.

I agree completely. I would write to management if I were you. Even if they don't do anything to help you, it will let them know that your not happy with being ripped off like this.

did you really need 8 tickets...?

so you paid for all 8 tickets?

I bet he was planning on scalping them...and selling them for much more than face value for a profit, rippinf people off by buying more than he needed to begin with... sometimes it's Ironic how what goes around comes around, I don'tfeel sympathetic.

A8R

Edited by allen8r

NO, I did pay for 8 tickets. I bought them for me and the 7 friends that went with me to see them open for Aerosmith in 1987 at Alpine Valley. It cost me more than I wanted, but I thought it would be cool to have a little mini-reunion for all our fat, old asses

I bet he was planning on scalping them...and selling them for much more than face value for a profit, rippinf people off by buying more than he needed to begin with... sometimes it's Ironic how what goes around comes around, I don'tfeel sympathetic.

A8R

That was the impression I was getting...and if that was the case then FUCK YOU!!! scalping is one of the most annoying things I know of...FUCK YOU!!

If it wasn't the case then I feel sorry for your lost money and hope you get it all back...

A8R

Assumption...

A8R

Assumption...

educated guess

You think management gives a fuck about you?

lol..sad but true

Well, if you took the time to read my earlier post, you would see that management does care. Merck is looking into it as we speak. He told me the situation is being investigated.

A8R

Assumption...

educated guess

How the fuck can you scalp GNR in Milwaukee???? If someone wanted a ticket they would just buy it face value on the net.

Wow, GNR isn't in that much demand.

I think the problem here is your buddies, If they were my friends there would be a 13 dollar check in the mail, or free lunch etc from each one of them saying thanks, maybe next time. I cant believe your buddies would say "sux for you" and leave you in the lurch, and if they did, then you are using the term "friends" too loosely. I dont care if it was your idea or treat, they should hook you up, or take you to lunch etc to make up the diff.

Just my opinion.

P.S. Why in god's name shoud GNR be responsible for a ticketing agency's surcharge anyway? That is kinda like Steven Speilberg being responsible for bad popcorn right?

I am sorry for you that you missed the show btw, that sucks, but I am thinking 7 phone calls should solve this problem, and none of them should be made by you.

I contacted Merck about the situation.

He said he's looking into it, and it's being investigated.

That's PR poop ... Really, there's nothing Merck can do unless there is a 'contract' (a legal binding paper) that says, "if you rip-off the fans, uncle Axl will kick your ass."

I guarantee there's probably a fine print somewhere on the ticket or your receipt that says "you agree to give ticket.com $10 if the act cancels". Gotta love those fine prints ...

Oh, I notice MADISON, that you got a sex change? How do you like it on the other side now?

How the fuck can you scalp GNR in Milwaukee???? If someone wanted a ticket they would just buy it face value on the net.

Wow, GNR isn't in that much demand.

Don't forget, Milwaukee is KRAMER country ... everyone loves KRAMER there!

Yea, this same thing happened to me w/ Philly and DC in '02. I lost about $50-60 because I had fronted the money for the tickets for a group of friends.

It's non-refundable.

I think you're screwed financially and it's a total rip-off.

But I wouldn't blame the band. It's the ticket brokers who control those unavoidable fees.

A8R

That was the impression I was getting...and if that was the case then FUCK YOU!!! scalping is one of the most annoying things I know of...FUCK YOU!!

If it wasn't the case then I feel sorry for your lost money and hope you get it all back...

Only an idiot would scalp that show considering tickets were selling under face value. What would be the sense of scalping in a market where there is no demand at all?