STONES IN A DIFFERENT LEAGUE THAN GNR

Stones are great and all but their songs are pretty flat and simple compared to GN'R (both old and new).

Who said rock'n'roll must be complicated ?

No one. I was just saying that GN'R music is much deeper.

And deeper means better?

The music itself is on a higher level. The songs are longer, got more changes, the lyrics are deeper but still easier to relate to, the guitar solos can't even be compared. Rolling Stone never get close to the intensity you get it some of GN'R songs.

I don't see any of those points as being viable, to be honest - The Rolling Stones and GN'R had two very different sets of musical goals. No offense, but to me it sounds like you haven't listened to many Rolling Stones songs. I think "Gimme Shelter" probably has more intensity than any song GN'R ever recorded - but it's a different brand of it.

Anyway, i'm too tired to structure a proper debate/argument about this, otherwise I could probably drag on for a while.

I've heard "Gimme shelter" as well and I really like that song but it's not true that it has more intensity that any GN'R song recorded. I'm not bashing Rolling Stones or anything I'm just saying that GN'Rs music is more advanced.

Meh. I guess I just don't consider adding pianos, horn sections, orchestras and dolphins "advancing" music. Sounds more like bloating it to me.

Coma dosen't have anything of that and is 10 times more intense than any Rolling Stone song out there.

It's Rock n' Roll man,

It's not about being "intense"

If you want intense, listern to THunder Road, Backstreets, Born to Run, Jungleland, fuck the whole Born to Run album.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Stones are great and all but their songs are pretty flat and simple compared to GN'R (both old and new).

Who said rock'n'roll must be complicated ?

No one. I was just saying that GN'R music is much deeper.

And deeper means better?

The music itself is on a higher level. The songs are longer, got more changes, the lyrics are deeper but still easier to relate to, the guitar solos can't even be compared. Rolling Stone never get close to the intensity you get it some of GN'R songs.

I don't see any of those points as being viable, to be honest - The Rolling Stones and GN'R had two very different sets of musical goals. No offense, but to me it sounds like you haven't listened to many Rolling Stones songs. I think "Gimme Shelter" probably has more intensity than any song GN'R ever recorded - but it's a different brand of it.

Anyway, i'm too tired to structure a proper debate/argument about this, otherwise I could probably drag on for a while.

I've heard "Gimme shelter" as well and I really like that song but it's not true that it has more intensity that any GN'R song recorded. I'm not bashing Rolling Stones or anything I'm just saying that GN'Rs music is more advanced.

Meh. I guess I just don't consider adding pianos, horn sections, orchestras and dolphins "advancing" music. Sounds more like bloating it to me.

Coma dosen't have anything of that and is 10 times more intense than any Rolling Stone song out there.

It's Rock n' Roll man,

It's not about being "intense"

Yes, Rolling Stones are pure Rock n' Roll and it dosen't have to be intense to be good. GN'Rs music simply attracts me more than Rolling stones.

The Rolling Stones are, were, and will forever be the greatest rock n' roll band of all time.

Simply put, yeah. The Rolling Stones' catalogue is just leagues above GN'R's (or any other band, for that matter). GN'R had the intensity, the attitude, but you can't beat something like Exile On Main St.

Plus, they are the dinosaurs of rock 'n' roll. Without them, there'd be no Guns N' Roses. Hell, without them, there'd be no rock 'n' roll as we know it.