Promises?

KyleMac

I see it more over at HTGTH and other forums but, it should be noted that Axl never made any direct promises that the album would come out this year. He simply stated "you will hear music this year." And boy did we ever!!! We had a full Euro Tour, and now a full US Tour, and plenty of leaks and demos that nearly everyone downloaded. Personally, i think this is a banner year for GNR, ive heard more music from GNR this year than i have in the past 15!

I think we should be quite happy. If only we could have warned those poor suckers back in 94 to fast forward to 2006.

Wrong.

He said on Trunk that the album would be out in late fall.

He was asked at the VMAs whether it would be out this year and he said "Yes" and that this was "the year."

He promised at least twice. No way around it.

And Merck and Beta both re-inforced this.

In fact, less than a month ago Beta made a post on HTGTH saying the album would be out this year.

I'm sick of people making excuses. There's always some cryptic message people are looking for. "Well, when he said music this year, maybe he was being tricky and just meant we'd be hearing the leaks."

Really, if he was being purposefully misleading in this way - he was deliberately trying to deceive his fanbase. I'm not sure which I'd fear more - Chinese Democracy being delayed another year or finding out Axl Rose deliberately misled us and is sitting around at his kitchen table with Merck at his laptop pointing and laughing. "Ha! They actually took my interview at face value! What morons!"

But anyway, it doesn't matter, because he DID say it would be out this year, so there's no way around it.

Edited by Estranged Reality

I see it more over at HTGTH and other forums but, it should be noted that Axl never made any direct promises that the album would come out this year. He simply stated "you will hear music this year." And boy did we ever!!! We had a full Euro Tour, and now a full US Tour, and plenty of leaks and demos that nearly everyone downloaded. Personally, i think this is a banner year for GNR, ive heard more music from GNR this year than i have in the past 15!

I think we should be quite happy. If only we could have warned those poor suckers back in 94 to fast forward to 2006.

That was the first thing he said. He then said that the album would be out this year. Literally. We all know he didn't promise it, but he damn sure realises that all his fans are waiting for a release date, and by saying that the album would be released this year, he sort of made that promise to his fans. So there.

it should be noted that Axl never made any direct promises that the album would come out this year.

IT IS THIS YEAR!!- Axl Rose 2006

Next you'll get people trying to say that he was just telling the interviewer what year we're living in. "He didn't mean the album would be out this year, he was just making an observation that it is this year that we're living in right now and not next year or the year before."

ROCK FRONTMAN AXL ROSE: "IT IS THIS YEAR"

GN'R rocker stuns scientists abroad with his cultural knowledge of what year we are all living in.

Rose: "Well, you know, I looked at my calendar, and I noticed that it wasn't 2005 and it wasn't 2007, so I said to my manager, I said, 'Hey, Merck, did you know it is this year?' and he said to me, 'My God, Axl! You're right! It's 2006!' and I was really shocked at this because I didn't know we were living in 2006, I thought maybe it wasn't 2006, but I was wrong."

The secluded rocker, 44, had been living in isolation for so long that he was still under the impression that it was 1998. "Man, when I did those gigs in 2002 I thought it was 1999. Time flies fast out here in my mansion."

Scientists are currently asking Rose to predict what next year will be. "Well, right now, I'm kinda split, but I'm leaning towards 2007," the Live and Let Die singer claims. "But I guess we'll have to wait and see. I mean, maybe I'll go to sleep tonight and won't wake up for a year, and it'll be 2008. That would be kind of scary, but I'd also get to see what the future looks like. But I guess 2007 would be the future, too. Um, what was the question again?"

Rose is currently on tour with his rock band Guns N' Roses. Upon learning that it was the year 2006, Rose asked if the millions of dollars he had just invested in anti-Y2K software was a waste of money. "I guess that's why they were having a clearance on Y2K software. Bummer. Oh well. Maybe I can save it for Y3K."

Edited by Estranged Reality

it should be noted that Axl never made any direct promises that the album would come out this year.

IT IS THIS YEAR!!- Axl Rose 2006

Next you'll get people trying to say that he was just telling the interviewer what year we're living in. "He didn't mean the album would be out this year, he was just making an observation that it is this year that we're living in right now and not next year or the year before."

ROCK FRONTMAN AXL ROSE: "IT IS THIS YEAR"

GN'R rocker stuns scientists abroad with his cultural knowledge of what year we are all living in.

Rose: "Well, you know, I looked at my calendar, and I noticed that it wasn't 2005 and it wasn't 2007, so I said to my manager, I said, 'Hey, Merck, did you know it is this year?' and he said to me, 'My God, Axl! You're right! It's 2006!'"

Yeah, there's gonna be a bunch of people at the forums creating a bunch of loopholes for Axl so he can start up another year of excuses. This shit would be pure comedy if we werent actually praying for an album to get released.

And boy did we ever!!! yeah, we got afew new leaks :D and they played a couple of the new leaks live. Arn't we the fans the lucky ones ;P

Axl as lead many to believe that the album will be out this year, and theres not too much of this year left. As many have said, if the album don't arrive soon then Gn'R will look like an ever increasing joke, not that i see Gn'R as Gn'R any more, it's Axl and some other guys (not that i want to start up that old thread again).

While i am no fan of VR, i do like Slash and i am kinda looking forward to hearing the next VR album as i think they could deliver something great :)

The music world needs to hear more from Slash, i'm not so sure the music world is thinking all that highly of Axl these days. I'm sure Axl thinks highly of Axl :D

not that i see Gn'R as Gn'R any more, it's Axl and some other guys (not that i want to start up that old thread again).

Yes, it's an old thread but no matter what some people *cough* may say, it's still topical. This band will never be accepted as GNR. Look at the ticket sales in the US... Look at the media comments...

Concerning this thread, Axl said on TV and on radio that CD was coming out in 2006. Period.

not that i see Gn'R as Gn'R any more, it's Axl and some other guys (not that i want to start up that old thread again).

Yes, it's an old thread but no matter what some people *cough* may say, it's still topical. This band will never be accepted as GNR. Look at the ticket sales in the US... Look at the media comments...

Concerning this thread, Axl said on TV and on radio that CD was coming out in 2006. Period.

But what if Axl actually meant next year because he thought we were living in 2007? Or what if Axl has short term memory loss and thought the album was coming out but had forgotten that Merck told him it wouldn't be ready for another year?

But what if Axl actually meant next year because he thought we were living in 2007? Or what if Axl has short term memory loss and thought the album was coming out but had forgotten that Merck told him it wouldn't be ready for another year?

Hmmm... Interesting theory...

:rofl-lol:

Be sure that there would be people to believe it if it was posted on some "official" GNR site...

Edited by pepsicoca

merck told rolling stone mag , that the album would be out this year

Merck told lots of stuff during these years..... :rofl-lol: Don't trust that motherfucker ;) :xmassrudolph:

you have a point. merck does seem to be saying alot of untrue stuff lately

merck told rolling stone mag , that the album would be out this year

Merck told lots of stuff during these years..... :rofl-lol: Don't trust that motherfucker ;) :xmassrudolph:

you have a point. merck does seem to be saying alot of untrue stuff lately

Tina Chang might have the answers.....

In fact, less than a month ago Beta made a post on HTGTH saying the album would be out this year.

when did this happen?

was it really her?

or was it a random user that people asumed was her?

It was the real Beta. Her nickname is "beta01". If she wasn't the real Beta, Jarmo would have banned the user immediately.

Wrong.

He said on Trunk that the album would be out in late fall.

He was asked at the VMAs whether it would be out this year and he said "Yes" and that this was "the year."

He promised at least twice. No way around it.

And Merck and Beta both re-inforced this.

I'm sick of people making excuses. There's always some cryptic message people are looking for. "Well, when he said music this year, maybe he was being tricky and just meant we'd be hearing the leaks."

Really, if he was being purposefully misleading in this way - he was deliberately trying to deceive his fanbase. I'm not sure which I'd fear more - Chinese Democracy being delayed another year or finding out Axl Rose deliberately misled us and is sitting around at his kitchen table with Merck at his laptop pointing and laughing. "Ha! They actually took my interview at face value! What morons!"

But anyway, it doesn't matter, because he DID say it would be out this year, so there's no way around it.

Also Axl said in a KROQ interview after the Hammerstein gigs that "CD will be definitely be out this year."

Some of you people really need to realize that Axl Rose don't have any bad intentions with what he says or does. Im tired of reading ignorant comments, conspiracy theories and stupid assumptions, but I guess some things never change.

If you read between the lines of what both Axl and Merck have said, you'd know there's a lot going on in the background that we don't have a clue about and which they are not allowed to talk about. If they say that the record will be out this year, that's probably what they want and are they're working hard to accomplish that goal but it's no guarantee everything will work out perfectly as planned.