Promises?

KyleMac

I see it more over at HTGTH and other forums but, it should be noted that Axl never made any direct promises that the album would come out this year. He simply stated "you will hear music this year." And boy did we ever!!! We had a full Euro Tour, and now a full US Tour, and plenty of leaks and demos that nearly everyone downloaded. Personally, i think this is a banner year for GNR, ive heard more music from GNR this year than i have in the past 15!

I think we should be quite happy. If only we could have warned those poor suckers back in 94 to fast forward to 2006.

See the VMA's interview. :question:

If they say that the record will be out this year, that's probably what they want and are they're working hard to accomplish that goal but it's no guarantee everything will work out perfectly as planned.

Or they are working hard to create the illusion it is coming out to increase ticket sales, knowing that if they made a stone cold denial in May there would be no album this year people might not be as excited about the tour and would be more likely to sit it out until there was a reason to be excited.

I guess it depends on what side of the coin your on, but I can't fall entirely on the "Axl and Merck have nothing but altruistic intentions" side because they stand to financially gain the more people believe the album may come out even if that is not exactly the case.

I mean honestly, if we hadn't been led to believe the album is coming out this year would people really have been excited about them being back on the road as they have been? Does anyone see it as more than coincidence that as the tour reaches the home stretch and they don't need to hawk tickets anymore we are just finding out the album is not coming out when they could have told us a couple of months ago before the tour started? Now that they aren't asking for money anymore it is OK to let the fans down.

Some of you people really need to realize that Axl Rose don't have any bad intentions with what he says or does. Im tired of reading ignorant comments, conspiracy theories and stupid assumptions, but I guess some things never change.

If you read between the lines of what both Axl and Merck have said, you'd know there's a lot going on in the background that we don't have a clue about and which they are not allowed to talk about. If they say that the record will be out this year, that's probably what they want and are they're working hard to accomplish that goal but it's no guarantee everything will work out perfectly as planned.

100% correct.

I agree completely, they are probably working hard right now on the release but somethings holding them up. The music will be done and dusted im sure of that, maybe some legal issues?????

Anyway, itl be out soon, 2006 is not out of the question yet.

Infact these 3 / 4 days that axls got off due to illness are probably ideal to get some shit sorted and decided. It woudlnt suprise me if that this time next week we are no longer in the dark about the situation.

Fingers crossed. for a happy xmas! :xmasssanta:

I see it more over at HTGTH and other forums but, it should be noted that Axl never made any direct promises that the album would come out this year. He simply stated "you will hear music this year." And boy did we ever!!! We had a full Euro Tour, and now a full US Tour, and plenty of leaks and demos that nearly everyone downloaded. Personally, i think this is a banner year for GNR, ive heard more music from GNR this year than i have in the past 15!

I think we should be quite happy. If only we could have warned those poor suckers back in 94 to fast forward to 2006.

Go away!!!!

Still, no promises people. No one has ever said, "listen, rolling stone interviewer, i promise.... i pinky swear the album will be out this year." Saying that the album will be out this year is not a promise, with GNR its a statement of HOPE! Even Ron blogged or wrote an email saying that it should be out this year, if all goes as planned. Well it seems at the moment that all is not going as planned, and thats that. Dont get on Axl's case because of promises when he made none. Personally if they have to redo the whole cd to include ron and frank, take your time, this thing better be perfect when its released. Axl/Merck also said the album was coming out in 2000, then 2001, and 2002. You don't trust GNR with release years.

Now if Axl pinky swore with me that he'd relase the CD this year, that might be a different story.

Still, no promises people. No one has ever said, "listen, rolling stone interviewer, i promise.... i pinky swear the album will be out this year." Saying that the album will be out this year is not a promise, with GNR its a statement of HOPE! Even Ron blogged or wrote an email saying that it should be out this year, if all goes as planned. Well it seems at the moment that all is not going as planned, and thats that. Dont get on Axl's case because of promises when he made none. Personally if they have to redo the whole cd to include ron and frank, take your time, this thing better be perfect when its released. Axl/Merck also said the album was coming out in 2000, then 2001, and 2002. You don't trust GNR with release years.

Now if Axl pinky swore with me that he'd relase the CD this year, that might be a different story.

You're not human, are you? :monkey:

yes because he has nothin better to do than deceive his fanbase who the fuck do you think you all are? The thing is he wanted out this year, unforeseen problems occured which he wasnt prepared for and those have delayed the album- that is if it doesnt come out, there still may be time this year.