Mick Wall : new article on GNR ?

pepsicoca

Mick Wall strikes back !

http://mickwall.com/blog/blog.php

29 November, 2006

Spent the day doing the usual, then got directed by a well-meaning nutter to a Guns N' Roses fan site thingy where they were discussing me in the chat room. Hilarious! How dare I take the piss out of poor Axl. He was a great guy and I was just a shit. And a pussy. And... and... then some poor fool started to defend me. Yeah, but he's a good writer and he never wrote anything but good things about the band back in the day. Well, that's mostly true. Which is why they gave me a gold record with my name on it for GN'R Lies.

But kids, it really doesn't matter. Just ask yourself why did Izzy, then Slash, then Matt, then Duff all leave? Because they are all PUSSIES obviously. And Axl is a great guy. Why hasn't Axl managed to make a record for 15 years? Because the world is full of PUSSIES and Axl is a great guy. Obviously.

Why do I care? Because it's my job, actually. And if you don't like this little blog of mine, that's OK too. Because you are all PUSSIES and Axl is a great guy...

Yep...he's a tough guy ain't he?

they both have serious character flaws but the crucial difference is, one is doing it and the other is writing about the one doing it. however pathethic the first gets, the second will always be worse.

i have had professional dealings with mick wall and he's a nice enough guy. good writer to boot.

however, like many in the music industry, he can't let it go and reckons it was all better in his day. he should have had the sense to get out years ago and maybe now he'd be earning a decent living, being positive about something rather than scratching around moaning about the good old days, and how important he used to be.

and as for that gold record - that'll be a record company flack wanting to keep mick sweet. has nothing to do with the band. hell, i have a platinum one with my name on it, but i'm under no illusions that it somehow makes me or my opinion more valid... unfortunately mick does.

So... who are you then?

Mick Wall strikes back !

29 November, 2006

Spent the day doing the usual, then got directed by a well-meaning nutter to a Guns N' Roses fan site thingy where they were discussing me in the chat room. Hilarious! How dare I take the piss out of poor Axl. He was a great guy and I was just a shit. And a pussy. And... and... then some poor fool started to defend me. Yeah, but he's a good writer and he never wrote anything but good things about the band back in the day. Well, that's mostly true. Which is why they gave me a gold record with my name on it for GN'R Lies.

But kids, it really doesn't matter. Just ask yourself why did Izzy, then Slash, then Matt, then Duff all leave? Because they are all PUSSIES obviously. And Axl is a great guy. Why hasn't Axl managed to make a record for 15 years? Because the world is full of PUSSIES and Axl is a great guy. Obviously.

Why do I care? Because it's my job, actually. And if you don't like this little blog of mine, that's OK too. Because you are all PUSSIES and Axl is a great guy...

I don't know, but he's right, isn't he?

Mick Wall strikes back !

29 November, 2006

I don't know, but he's right, isn't he?

Nah, not right......gay!

From Mick Wall's blog (28 November) http://mickwall.com/blog/blog.php :

get off the typewriter n into the ring motherfucker!!! theres a song about people like mr. wall, another one, its called i wannabe me by the sex pistols, insightful! stfu b4 u get what nick kent got!!! bitch. he's such a little ho, i hate people like that, people who wish for n wait on misery jus so they can get their little digs in, thats such a sad way to live man, if axl's so crappy n outdated, where does that leave his journalistic career, that he's got nothin better to do than rag on him over n over. how many times a day do u think u occur to axl mr. wall? exactly! if it werent for him, u'd have trouble payin the bills so stop tryna teach ur daddy how to fuck.

Could you do me a favor and re-type your post in Fucking English? I can't decipher what you are trying to say. Thanks!

What language did u think it was? OK, here we go, English. Mick Wall is thoroughly spiteful, unkind and despicable. Thats the basic gist of it, happy? :) Or would you like it a little more Shakespearian? I know your from Illnois n its winter but back up with the snotty shit.

Sounds like it.

I don't recall his voice EVER sounding that good. So much so it made me wonder if he wasn't having a bit of 'help' from the side, if you know what I mean. We have the technology, as they say.

The second 'classic' era clip was best - exactly how we all remember the band (that is, the REAL band, as opposed to the faceless sidemen of today).

While the third clip from '01 was totally bizarre. His voice sounded absolutely awful, like he'd lost both the top and bottom halves of his vocal register. Of course, it might have just been a bad night, but he was so out of breath it made you wonder what had caused him to 'improve' so drastically in the five years since.

the faceless sidemen :rofl-lol:

what has caused him to improve so much in 5 years?

he's getting a bit of help from the side :rofl-lol:

Kinda like how Axl can't stop writing about Stephanie Seymour all these years later. Maybe that's why Mick is so fascinated with Axl. He sees a lot of himself in him. They share some common emotional ground.

I think Mick Wall's a funny writer. I also think Axl's been on the wrong trajectory since UYI dropped. I'm looking forward to the article.

What song has he written about her lately? All the leaked tracks that people assume are about her (The Blues, TWAT), date back to the mid 90s. (At least the song titles have been in circulation that long).

Edited by Angelica

What is the Mail????????????

The mail and the mail on sunday is a nasty little right wing, pro-censorship 'newspaper' based in UK.

its not that bad. seriouisly

As long as you don't mind a paper that lies and manipulates stories to fit its own agenda.

Being a movie fan I really didn't like it when they linked a series of crime cases to horror/action movies without a single piece of evidence connecting them (surprisingly keeping quite about any other factors involved). Got a huge fucking kick when they championed the Alton Bill in the 90's which wanted any movie over the certificate PG to be banned from sale for home viewing.

Or what about the lastest trick the other month? Blaming immigrants on a school changing its menu to serve only halal meat, failing to mention that no parent or pupil had complained and the school had found a much cheaper meat supplier that just happened to be halal.

Oh, and it hires people like mick wall too :xmasssanta:

What is the Mail????????????

The mail and the mail on sunday is a nasty little right wing, pro-censorship 'newspaper' based in UK.

its not that bad. seriouisly

As long as you don't mind a paper that lies and manipulates stories to fit its own agenda.

Being a movie fan I really didn't like it when they linked a series of crime cases to horror/action movies without a single piece of evidence connecting them (surprisingly keeping quite about any other factors involved). Got a huge fucking kick when they championed the Alton Bill in the 90's which wanted any movie over the certificate PG to be banned from sale for home viewing.

Or what about the lastest trick the other month? Blaming immigrants on a school changing its menu to serve only halal meat, failing to mention that no parent or pupil had complained and the school had found a much cheaper meat supplier that just happened to be halal.

Oh, and it hires people like mick wall too :xmasssanta:

all a matter of opinion. i just read it when i'm bored at work

Mick Wall is a fucking asshole. So this year Axl performs well on vocals, and this hater goes of suggesting Axl has 'help' from the side. If I ever was to meet this guy, I would beat the shit out of him. Someone please hack his website!!!

Read his book first idiot. All he wrote come true.

I don't mind Mick Wall I don't hate him or anything.... BUT... it's kind of funny that he slags of Axl for not making a record for 15 years, but who's the guy who's writing about a guy who hasn't released an album for 15 years????

Maybe he needs to think about that... before taking the piss too much. Axl can't be doing that bad if Mick Wall needs to write about him to "feed his family".

LP

Hmmm...seems to me he has a point with respect to the original guys leaving. People do not leave a successful band if things are functional. They leave when people are assholes and Uncle Axl has severe emotional issues which would make him act like an asshole. That is the truth and slagging off Mick Wall will not change that. Plus he may be right about Axl having some help. Backing tracks are quite common these days. Many singers do it because it is impossible to run around and sing and actually sound good. That was part of why Axl sounded so terrible at the VMAs in 2002. He was so winded after running around that he could not sing properly. I quite frankly would prefer to have him get a bit of help and enjoy the sound then have him sound like he did in 2002 (although, admittedly he did sound good after about 8 or 9 songs on the shows at that tour).

and as for that gold record - that'll be a record company flack wanting to keep mick sweet. has nothing to do with the band. hell, i have a platinum one with my name on it, but i'm under no illusions that it somehow makes me or my opinion more valid... unfortunately mick does.

So... who are you then?

someone who worked in the music industry for a good few years... met and worked with my childhood heroes... had the time of my life... and then got out before i became tired and bitter like so many i saw. i now earn 4x what i did then and my quality of life is about 10x. i was very very lucky - i had some good breaks and got to see and do what most would kill to.... but i made the right decision in getting out. it's unfortunate that mick, and so many others, didn't do the same.

Mick Wall strikes back !

29 November, 2006

Well, if Mick's blog is a preview of what's to come, I don't think Axl and the GNR camp will cracking open the champagne over this article. :book:

madison,

I hope you're wrong.

I really hope you're wrong.

Sterileyes,

Good point.

Micky wIcky,

You will have to wait just like the

rest of us "PUSSIES" for the elusive cd.

Either way you'll craft a wussy story.

I can't wait to hear what mick says

when the original guns actually do

hook up for a couple of dates/songs

on down the road...because to me

it seems almost inevitable that it

will happen.

This version of Guns is great and it

may or may not endure. Things

seem to change without much notice.

And we've seen the band both pack up

and go home (after bucket ditched out prior

to Portugal/Rio) and we've seen'em roll on

with out missing a beat (brain's recent departure/frank fills in).

To this day I still cant believe Izzy showed up on tour

this year and performed with the band...his band if you will.

This kind of tells me that anything really is possible on surface

of Axl's Atlas.

GUNZ

To this day I still cant believe Izzy showed up on tour

this year and performed with the band...his band if you will.

Yeah, sure. That's probably why Izzy called it "Axl's new gnr" a couple of weeks ago...

Well, if Mick's blog is a preview of what's to come, I don't think Axl and the GNR camp will cracking open the champagne over this article. :book:

Axl's camp won't be happy about it. But as Stevie Adler once said : "it's better to be talked bad than not at all." Axl knows that.