If u judge CD based on the leaks..

shootingstar

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want this god damn album to be released, but obviously Axl thinks otherwise. :rolleyes:

You know what?

I honestly don't think there's a single person in the world right now who wants the album to be released more than Axl does. I think he really, truly wants to get this thing out there... just things out of his control keep holding it back. I'm not even trying to make excuses for the guy.

...Well, that's my belief anyway.

Good, but not earth-shattering. A bit bloated.

Not as good as Contraband.

why do people have to compare CD with contraband all the time?

Contraband is a really good album, and so is CD

Edited by Vadin

I will be more than satisfied, yes.

But commercial success? Doubtful. I don't hear a real hit in the bunch we have.

Do you notice none of the songs have a proper chorus? That's radio death.

When I think about it, no. Good point! But as a gunner that cind of songs necessary arn´t the best. Look back and u realize that a lot of songs considered as great by the real fans don´t actually have a proper chorus. Both IRS and Better are good examples of the new ones that havn´t an catchy chorus.

But now this thread is about YOUR opinion, not how u think those songs affect others.

No. I think it'd be shit and would be wondering what I had been waiting for for so long.

Then I have to ask u the question what motivates your waiting now? :drevil:

I just want this god damn album to be released, but obviously Axl thinks otherwise. :rolleyes:

You know what?

I honestly don't think there's a single person in the world right now who wants the album to be released more than Axl does. I think he really, truly wants to get this thing out there... just things out of his control keep holding it back. I'm not even trying to make excuses for the guy.

If this is the case, then why isn't he talkin about it? If I remember correctly, he did the same thing on stage when there were troubles with the illusion. He is in the position to put pressure on the label, by motivating his fans, by telling them the truth. Instead of this, he's doing jackshit for the album, he's not even talking about it or presenting the new songs on stage.

You know what?

If this is the case, then why isn't he talkin about it? If I remember correctly, he did the same thing on stage when there were troubles with the illusion. He is in the position to put pressure on the label, by motivating his fans, by telling them the truth. Instead of this, he's doing jackshit for the album, he's not even talking about it or presenting the new songs on stage.

All part of the "promotion" I guess. By making it into such a big secret, it keeps the mystique up, arousing curiosity and making the whole ordeal still seem relevant to people.

That's probably their plan anyway. Don't know if you could say it's working or not.

All part of the "promotion" I guess. By making it into such a big secret, it keeps the mystique up, arousing curiosity and making the whole ordeal still seem relevant to people.

That's probably their plan anyway. Don't know if you could say it's working or not.

This mystique trick is good for the hardcore fans, but a lot of the casual fans don't even know an album is supposed to come out soon...

Imo, if Axl doesn't talk about the album it's because it's not going to be released for the moment.

Nah, I don´t think so. They would have realized by now how pissed people get.. They read the forums u know ;)

This mystique trick is good for the hardcore fans, but a lot of the casual fans don't even know an album is supposed to come out soon...Imo, if Axl doesn't talk about the album it's because it's not going to be released for the moment.

Good point.

Still hate u though :D

Edited by shootingstar

Good point.

Still hate u though :D

People use to hate me a lot, so it's not a problem. :D

I think he would have been even more stand-up if he had stuck to the type of music that launched them to fame. Not saying another Appetite, but stick to the pure rock and roll while this grunge thing does whatever it does.

Agreed. There's an interesting Axl's interview from 2001 in which he said that the songs they begun to record around 1995 (with Slash) sounded "old"... I'm pretty sure those songs didn't sound old at all... Axl was traumatized by grunge, that's why he thought those songs sounded old, imo.

He lost confidence in Guns N'Roses, he got everything mixed up (NIN influences, etc...) and wanted to tranform GNR into something unrealistic. Axl's ideas would have been fine for a solo project, not for GNR...

In 2006, the reasons that led to GNR breaking up are not valid anymore : Axl gave up his vanguard vision of GNR (Oh my God, Silkworms) and his band is playing AFD...

I rarely listen to the leaks now, yet I have never gotten tired of AFD. So if this is what the album is really going to be like, I'll get bored with it very quickly.

I agree. I never really got into most of the songs that were leaked, but I was trying to wait until the album came out to pass final judgement.

Edited by luvaxl4ever