If u judge CD based on the leaks..

shootingstar

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Better is a stunning track - simply put its great. Matches up to anything of the other albums. The other tracks are good.

It would be a shame if we'd heard the "big guns". Not because these tracks are poor, they aren't, but because we want to put CD on and be blown away - not disappointed by already hearing the best tracks.

It will be a very different album to Contraband - unfair to compare - but it's clear why people will.

I think if we judge them then Contraband for me was a 6 overall. No one track really stood out other than maybe fail to pieces which I'd give a 7 or 8. But for me Better is a 8.5 or 9 out of 10 track. Twat probably 7 or 8. IRS the same and Catcher again 7 - 8.

This shouldn't be a VR thread - but they do have, as said, waaaaaaay more potential than Contraband.

the only leak that has any chance to stand the test of time and be loved by fans 10-15 years from now is Catcher in the rye. Better is a good idea gone bad, TWAT is decent, and IRS will be as forgotten as Nice Boys. The Blues and Madagascar are the only other songs that we have an idea of what they will sound like that can compete with Catcher.

Good album...but nothing close to AFD, Lies, or Illusions. A notch better than Contraband.

I think they touch on brilliance with the new songs, and even their whole act in 2002 was quite revolutionary, but overall these tracks really aren't "the best" ever. The outro of TWAT is amazing but the intro is messy. Better is cool but really, I think it tends to be overrated here. IRS is a nice rocker, but it isn't mindblowing. Neither is Rhiad.

The Blues is the best thing they've done that we've heard so far, and I think a studio track of that song alone is worth the wait - for me. Most other people probably won't feel that way, but I love that song.

the only leak that has any chance to stand the test of time and be loved by fans 10-15 years from now is Catcher in the rye. Better is a good idea gone bad, TWAT is decent, and IRS will be as forgotten as Nice Boys. The Blues and Madagascar are the only other songs that we have an idea of what they will sound like that can compete with Catcher.

Good album...but nothing close to AFD, Lies, or Illusions. A notch better than Contraband.

CITR is a train wreck.

Its liek three separate idea force fitted together and trying WAY to hard to be an anthem at the end.

CITR is a train wreck.

Its liek three separate idea force fitted together and trying WAY to hard to be an anthem at the end.

I love CITR as of the first listen, the rest of the songs are good too but it's just stunning.

Good songs, but its never going to be the best album GNR have produced. Certainly not in my book anyway. I lean towards the old days of GNR being bordering on a punk rock band. Songs like 'Its so Easy' still blow me away, its my 'taste' and style. I cant see me going mental to songs like Madagascar. It doesnt have enough power for me.

But since GNR are now a soft pop rock band, then songs like CITR and The Blues suit their image. Axl has grown older and wiser, and has lost that rebelious edge that I used to adore. He also doesnt have the punk influence Duff heavily put on the band. This is what is lacking in my opinion. None of them have that crazy 'dont give a fuck' attitude.

CITR is a train wreck.

agree to disagree :shades:

Better is not a good idea gone bad. It's actually one of the best things I have heard this millenium.

I.R.S. is a fantastic rocker, but it won't appeal to the masses. I do think, however, it has the potential to become well known among the fans.

As for There Was A Time, the outro is pure brilliance. The whole song is great, but that last solo is just undescribable.

The Blues and Madagscar are good. Not the best, but very good slow songs from a rock band.

Catcher In The Rye's demo is a mess. The idea might have been good, but I don't think it really worked.

:xmasssanta:

Better is not a good idea gone bad. It's actually one of the best things I have heard this millenium.

I.R.S. is a fantastic rocker, but it won't appeal to the masses. I do think, however, it has the potential to become well known among the fans.

As for There Was A Time, the outro is pure brilliance. The whole song is great, but that last solo is just undescribable.

The Blues and Madagscar are good. Not the best, but very good slow songs from a rock band.

Catcher In The Rye's demo is a mess. The idea might have been good, but I don't think it really worked.

agree...................to disagreeeee!!!!

Let´s say that those leaks we´ve heard represent the standard of CD, would it fulfill your expectations? Would you explain Axls work as an success or an flop?

Id be pleased! Cos when i first heard the leaks i nearly creamed in my pants. and i still listen to them all the time! But you know theres gonna be some fuckin gems on CD :) the best is yet to come!

Couldn´t agree more, except from The Blues. I think that song is clearly the best of the epics Guns produced EVER. Not as overproduced as NR, more raw but still polished of course(it´s Axl). Axls voice got more space in the sound compared to songs like NR or Estranged where the violins take out his charismatic voice somehow. In The Blues His voice take the lead and not just follow the music.

I.R.S is for me as a gunner already a classic. So I just have to agree with you. But all songs can´t be mainstream and radiofriendly. I think it´s genious to have songs you need to listen to and don´t get it, give it a break, listen to it again and still don´t get it. But after a while u suddenly got a huge need for that song. That is those songs that create new fans I guess and keep the interest in the band. Those radiofriendly song are the ones who have the purpouse to "fool" people to get attention to the band. I started listen to guns when I was about 10. I only listened to all the epics, sweet child and Mr. brownstone. Now I preffer listen to songs like Dead Horse, Don´t Damn Me Anything Goes. rock3

Couldn´t agree more, except from The Blues. I think that song is clearly the best of the epics Guns produced EVER. Not as overproduced as NR, more raw but still polished of course(it´s Axl). Axls voice got more space in the sound compared to songs like NR or Estranged where the violins take out his charismatic voice somehow. In The Blues His voice take the lead and not just follow the music.

Yeah, The Blues is a very good song. I actually prefer it a good deal over Madagascar. I only said that because I like GN'R more for its rocking side.

I once said The Blues was better than November Rain and got flamed for it. :confused: But, no matter what, I agree with you.