John Petrucci

damian 1200

Train of Thought

Awake

Images and words

and also you should listen to Liquid tension Experiment 2

Last week my boyfriend gave me as a present the "Score" which is a new Dream Theater double DVD with a pretty cool documentary about the band plus some live material, where the half of this is performed together with the Octavarium Orchestra. I definatelly recommend it (allthough some of my fav songs are missing from the setlist).

i love petrucci's playing - LTE rocks!

but as far as DT goes - i like octavarium and images and words. the metropolis live dvd is awesome too. i just can't get over james labrie's vocals or john myung's bass playing. myung is alright, but there's nothing interesting in his playing. i feel like if you're in a prog band you should be trying to progress you own instrument's role in said band, and he just doesn't.

you should most definitely check out petrucci's solo album 'suspended animation' his playing is fucking outta control on that album and everything's real catchy.

Edited by bass71player

fuck man i just saw G3 last night and Petrucci was awesome!! he is one cool guy, and fuck can he play. i mean i love dream theater, i really do. but seeing that guy play live was brilliant. i cant imagine what seeing Dream Theater live would be like.