Were you satisfied with 2006?

Guest Yanni_16

Thanks Darth Vader and smokingarthur - man - it is complicated! - typical GNR!

One thing would turn 2006 from a good year to a GREAT year.

Its great that we're back on the road, great that we heard a couple of leaks. But until chinese Democracy is released, its all nothing but bullshit, because thats what everyone is waiting for.

I'm optimistic though.

Satisfied , uh I guess , I mean they did way more this year than I was expecting , probably more than anyone was expecting , Yeah the album didn't come out but they toured were in the news and they actually did do anything that stupid , like have riots and disappear like in '02 . So I have to say I'm pretty happy with '06 .

Peace GnR Nation :shades:

Oh you better watch out

you better not frout

you better not cry

I'm telling you why

Axl Rose is coming

to town.

I personally am very satisfied with 2006 because mygnrforum.com, in all its greatness, was able to keep :xmasssanta: :xmasschef2: the entire year. It's like keeping a christmas tree for next christmas. Well done mygnrforum.com....and I'm not being sarcastic :xmasssanta: :xmasschef2:

ofcourse 2006 isnt over yet, but assuming it is...

no im not happy (at least what gnr has offically given us) , sure gnr are touring which is excellent and all, assuming the leaks were non-intentional, axl has only given us Better, and IRS as live performances this year, oh and about 2 performances of there was a time, not alot for one year.

however in terms of what we, the fans, have got then i guess i am happy, the leaks are amazing, proof that CD will be awesome..

anyway i still hoping for a '06 release....

Edited by Let And Let Live

Yes, we're a little disappointed that 2006 is coming to a close in a month's time and Chinese Democracy isn't in our hands. I still have faith, albeit very little. But let's take a step back for a sec and reflect on this past year. First, we had pictures of Axl appearing in public. Then the Rolling Stone interview. More public appearances. The announcement of a European tour. Four songs leaked. The surprise Eddie Trunk radio interview (man, the excitement on this board when that happened, I don't think that will be duplicated until the release of the album). Hammerstein shows. Another radio interview, KROQ. European tour goes through as planned. North American tour. Sebastian Bach confirming to Rolling Stone he's heard the album, and revealing another track title. We didn't have any of this shit at this time last year, in fact, I'd be willing to bet a good number of you would have stopped visiting this forum by now had Axl decided to stay in his state of reclusiveness for another year. So, what do you think? If CD fails to surface in the next month, will you still think 2006 was a good year for Guns N' Roses or will you feel let down?

If CD is out this year as promised then yes I'm satisfied. If not then no I'm not.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=83734

:question:

Yes, we're a little disappointed that 2006 is coming to a close in a month's time and Chinese Democracy isn't in our hands. I still have faith, albeit very little. But let's take a step back for a sec and reflect on this past year. First, we had pictures of Axl appearing in public. Then the Rolling Stone interview. More public appearances. The announcement of a European tour. Four songs leaked. The surprise Eddie Trunk radio interview (man, the excitement on this board when that happened, I don't think that will be duplicated until the release of the album). Hammerstein shows. Another radio interview, KROQ. European tour goes through as planned. North American tour. Sebastian Bach confirming to Rolling Stone he's heard the album, and revealing another track title. We didn't have any of this shit at this time last year, in fact, I'd be willing to bet a good number of you would have stopped visiting this forum by now had Axl decided to stay in his state of reclusiveness for another year. So, what do you think? If CD fails to surface in the next month, will you still think 2006 was a good year for Guns N' Roses or will you feel let down?

I was not satisfied...there was no reunion.

Im satisfied, but I'm not impressed.

Touring is useless without an album to back it.

nonsense.

since when do we need an excuse to catch a good rock n roll show?

Yeah I agree!!

Lets have no album, and just have the Nu-band play the old bands material.

That way, there's no excuse for us not to watch them!!!

No, he didn't put the record out. It's all meaningless.

Sorry, but pictures of some dood doesn't make my year even if that dood is Axl. Rolling Stone speculated, we get that every year. This year it was Bach talking about the record. Before it was Moby. Big deal.

I had a good time at Inland Invasion and he did a great job. However, it was disappointing to see so many people leaving, especially since I couldn't blame them. Almost half the show is soloing by Robin, Richard, and BBF...and I'm sorry but 90% of the audience did not pay to see 3 Yngwie's showing off. They paid to see Guns N' Roses.

It's also sad to see him playing to 3/4 full arenas. Original lineup wouldn't fail to sell out Bumfuck Idaho even if they played a football stadium, and Axl knows it.

No record = no interest.

Just put the fucking album out already.

Ye, it was a good year, saw him them in Dublin but they weren't as good as when I saw them in London in 2002 and I didn't hear any new songs between the London and Dublin gigs and that was a 4-year gap. I'm hopeful but I wouldn't put a bet on it coming out in 2006. Great to see Axl out in public and he does look well and still sound great. Maybe he will release CD on his 45th birthday.

This year did actually have a lot of high points to it.

I mean, for a good while there, we all actually believe the record was coming. THIS YEAR. After all this time... It was pretty incredible and exciting, I gotta say, and I wouldn't trade getting to feel that rush for anything.

Got to see them on 5/12 at Hammerstein, up against the rail. Axl two feet away. Robin Finck played his solo in the photo pit on stopped right in front of me. I mean, that was a great show.

But satisfied? This kind of thing never leaves you satisified. It leaves you feeling angry, and like you've been fucked with. Because you have.

I guess a better question would be, "Did You Have A Good Ride In 2006?" To that I would say yes. The ride ended badly, and I would never take it again, but for a few months there... it did really seem like anything was possible.