Best song of the Year @ 2006

Gallagher Rose

Best song of the Year @ 2006  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JoJo? That teenager who sings pop songs? OBVIOUSLY she's going to get the majority of the votes :mellow:

Out of that list, I chose 'Starlight' by Muse.

If I could choose my own, I'd say a Wolfmother song. Either 'MInds Eye' 'Dimension' 'Colossal' 'Pyramid' or 'Joker and the Thief'.

Edited by drops_of_jupiter

I agree, 'Minds Eye' shouldve been on that list. Great song.

So you like Wolfmother too?

When I first heard it, I liked it and thought it was really good. Now, I've come back to it and really listened to it and I LOVE it. I think I listen to it too much--y'know when you listen to a song a lot and you 'rinse' it? :unsure:

When I first heard it, I liked it and thought it was really good. Now, I've come back to it and really listened to it and I LOVE it. I think I listen to it too much--y'know when you listen to a song a lot and you 'rinse' it? :unsure:

I love Wolfmother. The 'Minds Eye' chorus is really anthemic and then it goes to the great keyboard riff. The whole albums great but my favourite is probably 'Minds Eye'.

JoJo? That teenager who sings pop songs? OBVIOUSLY she's going to get the majority of the votes :mellow:

If I could choose my own, I'd say a Wolfmother song. Either 'MInds Eye' 'Dimension' 'Colossal' 'Pyramid' or 'Joker and the Thief'.

Wolfmother :rofl-lol:

Wolfmother :rofl-lol:

Coming from a Traci Guns fan....

Believe it or not, I was completely unaware of the fact that SexyBack is a Justin Timberlake song before I saw this poll. :confused: I've been doing parts of warm-ups to it for about two weeks now and I always assumed it was just some generic club music they put on. My mistake.

Anyhow, I'll pass on the voting - something tells me that this poll would need an "Other" option even though I haven't heard half the songs listed. Call it intuition. :drevil:

Damien Rice - 9 Crimes

Buckcherry - Sorry

Buckcherry - Crazy Bitch

Buckcherry - Next 2 You

Muse - INVINCIBLE

Kean - Is It Any Wonder?

The Raconteurs - Hands

The Raconteurs - Steady, As She Goes

Rock Kills Kid - Paralyzed

Rock Kills Kid - Hideaway

Meatloaf - It's All Coming Back To Me Now (I know the song was written and performed before 2006, but Meatloaf's version gets my vote as it came out this year)

I also like the wolfmother album, but haven't listened to it enough to chose any songs over another.

If you do not have the newest Buckcherry CD I suggest you go out and buy it ;) Same for Damien Rice's "9"

I love Wolfmother. The 'Minds Eye' chorus is really anthemic and then it goes to the great keyboard riff. The whole albums great but my favourite is probably 'Minds Eye'.

Ooohh I cuoldn't say what my favourite song is--I have a whole album to choose from :chef:

adnan: Yes, Wolfmother. I genuinly don't understand why people criticise them so much or dislike them in general. I s'pose each to their own. When they created that album they did it mostly to create a sound which they'd all be satisfied with--and yeah--if it sold well that'd be a bonus but it was really just for them. They didn't set out to assault the music industry or prove anything.

Andrew gets really pissed off with people criticising the band for sounding 'too '70's' or whatever. He said it's the same questions in every interview and it gets old.

Y'know what? Really, he owns a lot of '80's cheese and sorta poppy music--he likes that. Plus--he loves Gn'R and knows about Chinese Democracy and is very interested in what it'll sound ike. He played November Rain 3 times in a row!!

Edited by drops_of_jupiter