CHINESE FIRE DRILL

The Bandit

I appreciate you posting this, but i stopped reading after just a few lines in, these comments are typical of the tabloids, is there any decent objective reviews about gnr that focuses purely on present events and acheivements, and also on the potential that gnr has?, then again this has to be expected because axl kept the gnr name, oh well ....

I made it to this part of the article and had to stop.

On the eve of GNR's December 2 concert at the Target Center (assuming the band doesn't cancel), we present you with a timeline, encapsulating how it all came to this:

If this was written on the eve of the December 2nd concert I guess I missed the show in Ames. I hope that I enjoyed the show tomorrow night, maybe I got to meet the band and dont even know it yet.

I made it to this part of the article and had to stop.

On the eve of GNR's December 2 concert at the Target Center (assuming the band doesn't cancel), we present you with a timeline, encapsulating how it all came to this:

If this was written on the eve of the December 2nd concert I guess I missed the show in Ames. I hope that I enjoyed the show tomorrow night, maybe I got to meet the band and dont even know it yet.

"On the eve" doesn't necessarily have to mean exactly one day/night before...

I dunno for sure but the Merriam Webster Dictionary has this for the definition of eve.

Main Entry: eve

Pronunciation: 'Ev

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English eve, even

1 : EVENING

2 : the evening or the day before a special day

3 : the period immediately preceding

'Guns N' Roses cancels its Maine concert six hours before the show. Apparently, the band was worried about getting a $250 fine for drinking bottled alcohol onstage. Because when the reported cost of your unfinished album cracks $15 million, you gotta save money somewhere.'

- That was hilarious...... but yet, so true..... :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I dunno for sure but the Merriam Webster Dictionary has this for the definition of eve.

I've heard it used not in the context of the day before.

ummm... is this not the period immediately proceeding Decmeber 2nd?

It could be I guess it depends on how you look at it. My view of immediately preceeding wouldn't be 3 days prior. The article was put out on the 29th so i wouldn't exactly view that as the eve of the 2nd. I guess thats why we all have different opinions. Oh well I just found it funny.

November 2006: With a lineup that includes—at least for now—ex-Replacements bassist Tommy Stinson and former Psychedelic Furs drummer Frank Ferrer, Guns N' Roses cancels its Maine concert six hours before the show. Apparently, the band was worried about getting a $250 fine for drinking bottled alcohol onstage. Because when the reported cost of your unfinished album cracks $15 million, you gotta save money somewhere.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol: