MTV Article on Chin Dem (Dated Today)

raodonne

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The offical guns site focuses completely on Tour promotion.

I find it hard to believe that axl would spend so many years getting the "right" album and then just throw it out on the stands without using the promotion machine of the record label. It's amazing how people will defend the amount of time taken by axl as perfectionism, then say he'll just throw out the album at the very last second without preperation to make sure it gets the best chance at success.

Edited by Nightcrawler

"Will it come out? Hard to say," speculated Audioslave guitarist Tom Morello. "Axl is clearly talented ... and troubled: a combination often found among the best lead singers. If he can overcome his fears about the album's relevance or commercial prospects or whatever the underlying problem is, and just release it, then we would all be glad to hear it and can get on with our lives."

Very well said! ^_^

Kannon.

Edited by kannon21

The offical guns site focuses completely on Tour promotion.

I find it hard to believe that axl would spend so many years getting the "right" album and then just throw it out on the stands without using the promotion machine of the record label. It's amazing how people will defend the amount of time taken by axl as perfectionism, then say he'll just throw out the album at the very last second without preperation to make sure it gets the best chance at success.

Hard to believe, but very possible and at the same time clever.

The major bit of information to be had here is Limp Bizkit's promotion-less 2005 release that only sold 37,000.

I had been wondering if a big pop band has tried such a tactic before (releasing an album without promotion), and it looks like one just did last year.

Based on that flop, I doubt GNR would make such an attempt.

The major bit of information to be had here is Limp Bizkit's promotion-less 2005 release that only sold 37,000.

I had been wondering if a big pop band has tried such a tactic before (releasing an album without promotion), and it looks like one just did last year.

Based on that flop, I doubt GNR would make such an attempt.

in all fairness, that was fucking limp bizkit. they haven't had a hit since like '98, and never had any kind of hardcore fan base or real legacy to speak of.

I was listening to AFd other day and really its not that great. It seriously not up to todays production values. Danny Saber invented new production of Stones and Black Grape. He could do it for Axl. Listen to Bridges To Babylon and Stupid, Stupid, Stupid and you'll know what I mean. But yeah the new band is what the audience who bought UYI would like. A nice band that rock. AFD is not as good as people say it is. Jungle has a great opening but song itself is over long. Easy is pretty tame nowadays, the jokey nature of it is apparent. Nightrain I have say to rules, as does Out To Get Me. Brownstone is hardly a song its a weird nursey rhymne. Paradise City has great parts but on record seems a bit directionless until the end which is awesome. My Michelle is a tight song and so is Think About You. SCOM has always sounded silly to me. Crazy is fucked up. Anything Goes has a brilliant begiining then loses its way. Rocket Queen rules.

Nightrain

Out To Get Me

My Michelle

Think About You

Rocket Queen

Why would he be scared of this album? People over state this record.

I was listening to AFd other day and really its not that great. It seriously not up to todays production values. Danny Saber invented new production of Stones and Black Grape. He could do it for Axl. Listen to Bridges To Babylon and Stupid, Stupid, Stupid and you'll know what I mean. But yeah the new band is what the audience who bought UYI would like. A nice band that rock. AFD is not as good as people say it is. Jungle has a great opening but song itself is over long. Easy is pretty tame nowadays, the jokey nature of it is apparent. Nightrain I have say to rules, as does Out To Get Me. Brownstone is hardly a song its a weird nursey rhymne. Paradise City has great parts but on record seems a bit directionless until the end which is awesome. My Michelle is a tight song and so is Think About You. SCOM has always sounded silly to me. Crazy is fucked up. Anything Goes has a brilliant begiining then loses its way. Rocket Queen rules.

Nightrain

Out To Get Me

My Michelle

Think About You

Rocket Queen

Kids, don't do crack.

Nightrain

Out To Get Me

My Michelle

Think About You

Rocket Queen

Kids, don't do crack.

WTTJ and My Michelle are the only weak songs on the album...and My Michelle isn't that bad, I just don't like the style as a personal taste...and WTTJ is so overrated that I think it blows.

I was listening to AFd other day and really its not that great. It seriously not up to todays production values.

Considering it was made in 1987 and recorded on analog tape?

its not that great?, todays productions.. hmm lemme see.. todays productions = overproduced this was straight dirty rock to the core man.

he is not gnr fan, ban his ass.

NOW

I was listening to AFd other day and really its not that great. It seriously not up to todays production values.

Considering it was made in 1987 and recorded on analog tape?

its not that great?, todays productions.. hmm lemme see.. todays productions = overproduced this was straight dirty rock to the core man.

he is not gnr fan, ban his ass.

NOW

exactly its pure rock and in your face. its what the originals stood for. but dont ban wasted