I Want to buy a Bass Guitar

a few suggestions

save up a bit more and get this fender p-bass

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fen...Bass?sku=516041

or

these basses are awesome for being squire, quality for your money

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squ...Bass?sku=519639

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squ...Bass?sku=519638

this is descent as well, epiphone eb-o, this is a short scale bass, making it a bit easier to learn on, and a bonus if you are short.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epi...Bass?sku=518523

also consider your body size, arm length, hand size, etc.

good luck, pm me if you have any questions.

Not to be a grouch but why, for anyone who has never played such and such instrument, would they want to go out and buy a new one?

Get a cheap ass second hand one and see if you can pick up the basics of playing it first.

I can't stand (this isn't directed at people here now, just people in general) people that buy top range guitars and either rarely play them, or just learn songs by their favourite shitty emo band.

Yeah, I'm jealous that people can afford to buy some luxuries like that but for me, the top range kit can wait unless i want to turn professional.

Not to be a grouch but why, for anyone who has never played such and such instrument, would they want to go out and buy a new one?

Get a cheap ass second hand one and see if you can pick up the basics of playing it first.

I can't stand (this isn't directed at people here now, just people in general) people that buy top range guitars and either rarely play them, or just learn songs by their favourite shitty emo band.

Yeah, I'm jealous that people can afford to buy some luxuries like that but for me, the top range kit can wait unless i want to turn professional.

well if you start on a real crappy one i can discourage you not to play....you gotta like what youre playing on. gives you a little motivation to practice you know?

when i get my bass *fingers crossed* it wont be some flashy one. just a good solid beginners one

Edited by FunkyMonk

hey funky monk, what did you think about the links to the basses i posted?

im not really into any fender or squier guitars. i dont like the shape you know?

but i was looking into the EB-0 when i first started looking at basses, but i decided against it because of the short scale and only the neck pickup.

i will (99% sure) be getting an Ibanez GSR200. which seems pretty good choice to me :) but im stumped about amps though...

you can probably get a banged up Ampeg practice amp for about $150-$250 dollars, depending on where you look. i play bass and i have a RIG, and it cost me all together probably around $2500 bucks, and the thing is junk.

get a practice amp until you either 1.) get really good and want to play really loud or 2.) start a band

Beginners are likely to drop, bash, scratch, get frustrasted and throw down their instrument. Why do that with a nice peice?

My guitar is something I got out of argos seven years ago, cheapo brand, basic look but it does the job.

PROBLY TTHE DAME AS MINE "ENCORE"?

ANYWAYS I AM GONNA GO CHECK OUT A RANDOM IBANEZ GUITAR TODAY COZ I HAVE TO BUY MY BNEW OINE FROM THIS ONE SHOP COZ I GOT CREDIT ITS AND IBANEZ AND IS £120 SECOND HAND AND THATS ALL I KNOW SO....................?

I see where you´re coming from, but remember, if you can afford an expensive guitar, and still just play it now and then, it will be more worth over the years. Cheaper guitars will just become cheaper. I guess this rule only applies to guitars that are mint or in very good condition and over 10 years old... but it varies alot.

2000+ is a lot for a new guitar. So is 1000 dollars. And the rule now a day is that you get what you pay for, which isn´t the case. Google Ed Rowans rant on todays guitar makers. :) he also has a list of what and what not to buy, and why. :)

if I recall it right, he hated gibson and the major big guys. and why spend 2k on a new gibson when you can get a custom for less......