Pet Sounds or Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?

Estranged Reality

Sgt. Pepper or Pet Sounds?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I prefer Pet Sounds. "Wouldn't It Be Nice" is so beautiful.

Sgt. Pepper was the Beatles' response to Pet Sounds and the group said they considered Pet Sounds to be hugely influential, so before people start saying "How can you compare the Beatles to the Beach Boys!!11one", just be aware that Sgt. Pepper developed its sound because of Pet Sounds.

I actually think Sgt. Pepper is one of the Beatles' weakest, i far prefer the White Album.

I actually think Sgt. Pepper is one of the Beatles' weakest, i far prefer the White Album.

Or Rubber Soul, as far I'm concerned.

Brian Wilson's response to Rubber Soul was precisely Pet Sounds.

Pet Sounds is out of this world. Best album ever.

Yeah, the Beach Boys always seemed to get criticized, so I didn't think they were taken seriously in the music world, and then I heard Pet Sounds and was blown away. After that I read up on them and realized it was their later work without Wilson that was considered a joke, and at one time they really were respected.

Well, Pet Sounds isn't even really a Beach Boys record... They did the vocals, but they didn't play any instrument and didn't write any song. Everything was done by Brian Wilson (with the help of Tony Asher for the lyrics).

From the booklet notes : "Pet Sounds was really the work of a rock'n'roll "auteur", Brian's "state-of-his-world" message, customized to be delivered by his hand-picked messengers, the Beach Boys. Pet Sounds was a very personal album, a fact that was underscored by the lyrics... the emotional conflicts facing a young man... a growing artist on the cusp of adulthood.

These were not exactly the traditional "fun in the sun" themes that record buyers expected from the Beach Boys. Clearly, this was not an album constructed for the typical Beach Boys fan of 1966, an area of some tension both within the group and especially between Brian and Capitol Records."

I'm sure Axl Rose knows this story... Unfortunately, Axl is not Brian Wilson... Oh, we'll see, let's wait for CD's release.

Edited by pepsicoca

this aint even fair...peppers gonna get ragged on cuz its reknowned. still the better album! for the benefit of mr. kite, there will be a show tonight on trampoliiiiiiiine :):):):)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry, im drunk, pass the tec (cuz if i get locked up 2 niye?? :lol::)

Pet Sounds is better imo.

People should take into consideration that Brian Wilson wrote everything by himself whereas there were two great songwriters in The Beatles.

What Brian Wilson achieved in Pet Sounds is really outstanding.

Just listened to both albums right now. Pet Sounds is spiritually superior to Sgt. Pepper and to almost any record out there.

Edited by Axingn'r