Merck responds on EODM

droezle

Merck as classy as ever. Keep that bullying going Merck, you're on a roll dude and we all know the best defense is a good offense:

"The EAGLES OF DEATH METAL were asked to leave the tour not only because GUNS N' ROSES' audience hated them and tore them apart but because they could not handle the response."

In general, if this isn't the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is:

"The facts do not support the image they are trying to portray, which is why they are attempting to put this spin on it."

Summary

Just keeps getting better and better.

Slash--Media opportunist and liar

Security guard in Europe--Overzealous media opportunist and liar

Firemarshalls in Portland--Spiteful obstructionists and liars

EODM--Band that deserves to be name called and shit on on-stage, media opportunists and liars

Merck--Priceless

Edited by Turn_It_Up

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommy didnt chuck his bass, Axl didnt throw it back at him. I was there, it didnt happen like that.

Cool.

I know you said end of story but can you go more into details here?

Can you tell us if:

- you sensed Tommy got pissed of with Axl's rant?

- Tommy's bass was actually laid down on the floor?

- Axl told Tommy anything so that he would pick up the bass again like a boss giving orders to an employee?

I don't like this shit at all it actually happened.

I fear that something like this can thorn the band apart.

Hopefully Axl's sudden illness has nothing to do with this episode.

But if Tommy leaves and everybody else stays I guess Duff is more than welcome back :rofl-lol: .

Not that he is the best bassist on the face of earth but mostly because he and Axl used to be good friends and because he is a true Gunner rock3 .

I was there too, and once again will tell my account of what happened. The first time Axl made the comment, he was walking around on the rise up by the drums and keyboards, while Tommy was down on the main part of the stage. This situation would make it impossible for Tommy to throw his bass up at Axl and to have Axl throw it back down off the rise at Tommy and for it to go unnoticed by the crowd.

The second time Axl made the "Pigeons" comment was during the intro to "Better," which he starting singing directly after making the comment, once again making it impossible to say something to Tommy or any of the other band members without the crowd hearing it through the microphone.

However, I can't say anything about the supposed backstage incident that may have occured after the show because I wasn't there to witness anything.

As for you questions that you have asked above, I didn't get the sense that Tommy or any of the other band members were pissed at Axl after he made the comment. It seemed that the band acted the same way towards each other through the entire show. If any of them were mad, they didn't show it onstage.

I can't tell you for sure if Tommy's bass was laid down on the floor because I really wasn't looking for that to happened. But, if it was laid down on the floor, that's exactly what he did to it-lay it down gently because no one in the arena (including Axl, the entire band, and the crowd) didn't seem to notice anything wrong on stage at that particular moment.

The answer for the third question would be no because of the reasons above. No one seemed to notice anything wrong on stage. I think that if Tommy did throw his bass and yell something at Axl, Axl would have probably responded by either shouting back at Tommy or some other sort of gesture, such as pointing at him to pick up his bass or something along those lines. Neither one of those actions took place, so I think it's safe to say that nothing evident went terribly wrong on stage during the show, but like I said before, I have no clue what could have happened backstage after the show.

I hope this will clear things up a little.

How is EODM got booted but CKY was on the whole 2002 tour?

<_<

Oh and Tommy Stinson rules. I have a feeling if it weren't for Tommy and Dizzy there might not be a Guns N Roses in any shape or form.

And a quick question:

Does anyone count the number of threads on this board that go from one topic to total Axl bashing and Merck bashing or turn from one topic to a "How cool would it be if Tommy got fired and Duff came and brought Slash and there was a time machine and it was 1987 all over again"? Or is it safe to say its EVERY one?

Because seriously, ITS BEEN SAID. No need to bring it up again. NO REUNION. Velvet Revolver is Slash and Duff and Matts band. There will be no reunion as there may never be a Chinese Democracy album.

And if you feel the need to bash Axl in every post on this board, stop coming to the board. Really, piss off to the EODM boards. i'm sure there is at least one.

EODM were shit before Axl said that, and were after, and still are.

Same can be said for Suicide Girls and most opening bands, but that's not what this is about.

C'mon, admit it, you can't really think Axl's actions here and Merck's statement are cool...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=63092

GUNS N' ROSES Manager: EAGLES OF DEATH METAL Could Not Handle Audience Response - Dec. 1, 2006

GUNS N' ROSES' manager Merck Mercuriadis has responded to the claims by the EAGLES OF DEATH METAL leader Jesse "The Devil" Hughes that GN'R bassist Tommy Stinson threw down his bass in disgust after Axl Rose went off on the EAGLES after Hughes and Co. opened for GN'R at Cleveland's Quicken Loans Arena Friday night (Nov. 24). EAGLES OF DEATH METAL took the stage in Cleveland to open the first of what was supposed to be 15 North American dates on the GUNS N' ROSES tour, but exited the trek after just that one performance following an onstage rant by Rose, during which he nicknamed the band "The Pigeons of Shit Metal" before informing his audience that the gig would be the EAGLES' last on the tour.

"When [Rose] called us the 'Pigeons of Shit Metal', Tommy Stinson took his bass off, threw it down and went, 'Fuck you, that's it!' to Axl," Hughes told MTV.com. "And then Axl picked [stinson's] bass up and threw it at [him]."

Mercuriadis disagreed with Hughes' account. "There is no truth to either claim [that Rose fired a crew member or that Stinson threw down his bass] as evidenced by the fact that our crew remains identical to when the tour started almost six weeks ago, and to say Axl threw a bass at Tommy is pure fiction," he told MTV.com. "The EAGLES OF DEATH METAL were asked to leave the tour not only because GUNS N' ROSES' audience hated them and tore them apart but because they could not handle the response. They were supposed to play a 60-minute set but left the stage after 42 minutes due to the hostile reception. The facts do not support the image they are trying to portray, which is why they are attempting to put this spin on it."

FUCK MERCK. WHERE'S CHINESE DEMOCRACY?!

"By the end of the night that guy [Rose]had caused a giant uproar," said Hughes. "It was like a total mutiny on the part of his band and everyone. I could hear screaming in the dressing room, 'Those are our friends and you've insulted our friends'."

I wonder what the new line up is going to look like..

-Kickingthehabit

So many Gn'R fans are so mindless that if Axl went on stage and said, " I think the Beatles suck" , there would be a ton of people on here the next day bashing the Beatles! Most of you who are making these lame "Pigeons" jokes have never even heard EODM. But since Axl doesn't like them (when by most accounts, he wasn't even there to see them play) thats reason enough for you to hate them. Learn to form your own opinions for gods sake!

well put.

But then there are people like me, that don't care enough to even give them a chance.

Mercuriadis disagreed with Hughes' account. "There is no truth to either claim [that Rose fired a crew member or that Stinson threw down his bass] as evidenced by the fact that our crew remains identical to when the tour started almost six weeks ago, and to say Axl threw a bass at Tommy is pure fiction," he told MTV.com. "The EAGLES OF DEATH METAL were asked to leave the tour not only because GUNS N' ROSES' audience hated them and tore them apart but because they could not handle the response. They were supposed to play a 60-minute set but left the stage after 42 minutes due to the hostile reception. The facts do not support the image they are trying to portray, which is why they are attempting to put this spin on it."

good 'ol merck "it is this year" mercuriadis....mr. "13 tuesdays" himself.........

yep....i trust everything he says..... :rofl-lol:

things on this board can get so lame, eodm talk shit about gnr and everybody is like "this tour is over, bla bla bla", merck explains gnr's side of the story and everybody is like "where's CD?". thanks merck for clearing shit up, honestly.

also ive seen eodm live before and have heard both of their records, and guess what, they are both fucking pretty lame. when i saw them the devil dude was on stage with his shirt off, and all he was saying was "how bout the chicks here!" it was cool the first few times he said it, but not like the tenth (really it was like ten time.) oh, and there old fucking guitarist is a damn joke.

trust me kids this is my own opinion, i mean they are a descent opener, way better than papa roach, but come on i am so glad they got helmut to replace them.

Edited by ohmygod

EODM STOLE MY POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COPYCATS!!!! UNORIGINAL!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the Eagles have responded: “At first the audience refused to welcome us to the jungle, but by the time we took our final bow, it had become paradise city. Although Axl tried to November rain on our parade, no sweet child o’ mine can derail the EODM night train. We say live and let die.”

(they used song titles from GNR songs)

now read my post on the EODM forum:

(I used song titles from EODM songs)

The nerve! of that Poor Doggie named Axl Rose, I Got A Feeling he was just jealous of of the Stacks O' Money that Eagles Of Death Metal rank in from the Solid Gold records they unleash. Axl Rose better stop Wastin' My Time with this joke line-up, I mean the legacy of Gn'R Already Died once they hired the Shasta Beast known as Buckethead to replace Slash!! The nerve!

They stole my thing!!!

:fuckyou::fuckyou::fuckyou:

source: (scroll down a little)

http://forum.rekordsrekords.com/forum/inde...showtopic=35987

good 'ol merck "it is this year" mercuriadis....mr. "13 tuesdays" himself.........

yep....i trust everything he says..... :rofl-lol:

Have you noticed how Merck is handling this affair ? He didn't adress several accusations made by the Eagles of Death Metal like the backstage mutiny !

Merck is trying to handle this as well as he can, he's acting with caution : it's a highly sensitive subject.

Shit man.. I'm sick and tired of Axl dissin other bands and thinkin he is the king.. Screw Axl.. Enough is enough.. He ain't the man he once was.. Once Chinese Democracy is finished (if it's ever complete), Axl can shove it up his own ass for all I care.. I love GNR, but this unacceptable..

Dude.

Shut the fuck up.

Eagles of Death Metal suck and I'm glad Axl did what he did.

You're not a fan, and you're not welcome here.

Now shoo.

That guy is entitled to his opinion, so dude, shut the fuck up.

that just shows that other membars in the bend have a saying.

Sounds intruiging

EODM STOLE MY POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COPYCATS!!!! UNORIGINAL!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the Eagles have responded: “At first the audience refused to welcome us to the jungle, but by the time we took our final bow, it had become paradise city. Although Axl tried to November rain on our parade, no sweet child o’ mine can derail the EODM night train. We say live and let die.”

(they used song titles from GNR songs)

now read my post on the EODM forum:

(I used song titles from EODM songs)

The nerve! of that Poor Doggie named Axl Rose, I Got A Feeling he was just jealous of of the Stacks O' Money that Eagles Of Death Metal rank in from the Solid Gold records they unleash. Axl Rose better stop Wastin' My Time with this joke line-up, I mean the legacy of Gn'R Already Died once they hired the Shasta Beast known as Buckethead to replace Slash!! The nerve!

They stole my thing!!!

:fuckyou::fuckyou::fuckyou:

source: (scroll down a little)

http://forum.rekordsrekords.com/forum/inde...showtopic=35987

Dude, that post is nothing to be proud of. :rofl-lol: