Turn in a Gun, get Guns tickets

Subtle Signs

Wow. Talk about misdirected rage. I'd hate to be one of your pets when Chinese Democracy fails to come out on one of the next four Tuesdays.

That's not rage Mother Shaq, that's that thing called common sense you're supposed to see the Wizard about :) The analyzation must hit pretty close to home, too, given your response :rolleyes:

Why don't you go try to find Axl's hairdresser to interview now.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DeVries said he is focusing on corporate sponsorship to fund more gun exchanges, and he welcomed the gracious offer from the band, which is donating tickets valued at $25,000 -- a truly generous offer.

...So I guess management is that stupid........ :rolleyes:

Good find. Guess you're right... management is either stupid for not doing their homework or the band actually has a shred of decency in them. God forbid.

Alas, I just broke my solomn oath of never responding to you and will start a new streak after this post...

You're about loopier than Toucan Sam.

:rolleyes: At least I can read.....and spell. But yes, please stick with your SOLEMN oath.

Edited by luvaxl4ever

So this is what its come to?

Damn...

Hold up a second, Matt13. I'll take care of this one for you...

Sweetness, you're a butteating shit breath loser. You probably live with your mom and use her computer to type things on. LOL! And I'll bet you fuck dogs and eat their penis juice. You don't even have a brain. Yea! That's a good one! You don't have a brain. You probably have a turd for a brain... that's you... TURD BRAIN.

Also, I still REALLY love Axl and refuse to admit that things are going bad for him nowadays. If I can just get made enough at my fellow fans, maybe I can convince myself that Axl is still on top.

How'd I do, buddy?

Perfect.

That's not a bad idea at all , It's just not the right execution that's all , most people in that area arne't GnR fans anyway but the idea of giving free tickets to anything in exchange for weapons is a good idea in theroy .

Peace GnR Nation :shades:

Damn...

Sweetness, you're a butteating shit breath loser. You probably live with your mom and use her computer to type things on. LOL! And I'll bet you fuck dogs and eat their penis juice. You don't even have a brain. Yea! That's a good one! You don't have a brain. You probably have a turd for a brain... that's you... TURD BRAIN.

Also, I still REALLY love Axl and refuse to admit that things are going bad for him nowadays. If I can just get made enough at my fellow fans, maybe I can convince myself that Axl is still on top.

How'd I do, buddy?

Hello people!

I haven't got anything against any of you nor do I know your history on this forum but there's something here really disturbing: This is turning into a battlefield, no one on this forum can write anything without being flamed, pro or cons, this forum is turning into something unseen! :question:

When you post here, try to remember that noone of us is actually RIGHT or WRONG, these are just opinions we share: Nobody is retard for it. Or are we in the former USSR or in CUBA? :drevil:

Could we chill out a bit? :heart:

Just a note on the topic now: (I'll be brief so that I do not interrupt the shots, don't worry :kiss: )

1 - the article says Corporate sponsorship: it means there is no obligation to have anything to do with the subject of the program

2- The targetted people, although more into other kind of music, trip .... still may enjoy the idea of getting to try to know something else! If this is unfavoured suburb or problematic city, they may give it a try. It wouldn't be the first time. Now the reference to One in a million is about so lame, but GNR will never escape from it.

Peace! :heart:

Damn...

How'd I do, buddy?

:( Youre right, I do live with my mom, and this is her computer

When was the last time One In A Million was actually played live? ...

Exactly. It's a shame this initiative is being received so negatively.

I think it's admirable for the band to want to do something to make the world a better and safer place. Shame on anyone who takes shots at them for doing this.

I tip my hat off to them for trying.

The program is very respectable but the band they chose for the program's area was inappropriate imo.

"I wouldn't give them a sling shot," he said. "In fact, given some of the things that (Axl) Rose has said about black folks, I think I should get a gun for just going to the concert," he said, bringing a laugh from his friends.

funny hearing the people in the streets opinions on GnR! :rofl-lol: they must have done very poorly in sales over there

For those that didn't pick up on this... they're trying to pull this off in what amounts to be 'the hood' over there. Their musical prefrence would be rap artists... not a rock & roll band.

It would be like walking into a trailor park in the middle of podunk KKK country and having a gun exchange program for 50 cent tickets.

I wouldn't read too much into what those people think.

I likewise wouldn't peg GNR's management for doing something this stupid. County and/or city officials over there are obviously doing this on their own... buying the tickets themselves to execute the program. I highly doubt GNR has anything to do with this... other than being (unwilling) bait.

I guess you didn't pick up on this part:

DeVries said he is focusing on corporate sponsorship to fund more gun exchanges, and he welcomed the gracious offer from the band, which is donating tickets valued at $25,000 -- a truly generous offer.

...So I guess management is that stupid........ :rolleyes:

I don't like the way the article generalises that a black audience wouldn't wanna see GnR, there were black folks at both the GnR shows I went to, diggin it as much as anyone else and the number of black people on this forum proves that they ain't all gangsta rappers from da hood.... Just seems to be a bit of an assumption, I think it's a generous offer from the band however it could lead to them getting shot at, not a good plan, i really fucking hope security is tight, last thing we need is for one of the band to become another Dimebag. Anyways, if those fannies would rather listen to some bland monotonous emotionless guy talking rhyming words over an electronic repetitive track then fuck them, let them, their taste in music is shite if you can compare the shite, charisma/emotionless performance put on by Snoop Dogg (watched him on Live 8....., uugh) to "DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE!?" then there's something wrong with them.

Edited by Graeme

Maybe they could throw in My World and Tastes Good (Don't It?) into the set for all the hip hoppers at this one show...

:laugh:

On topic: It's a great idea, but like the article said, I don't think GN'R is the best choice as a reward for turning in guns. But like Madison said, I'll tip my hat because they tried.

I'm probably gonna get flamed for saying this but- what happened to the days when you'd save up months worth of allowance to get a GNR concert ticket- or work your ass off at some crummy low-wage store every day after school in order to afford a ticket to this band's performance. It sickens me how a GNR ticket is now the reward or the treat to one who "surrenders their weapon". I mean, where is the will now? This takes away the beauty of owning a GNR ticket- it lessens the value of it. And although it is for a good cause- it just makes me question GNR management's motives and if they truly care about GNR's image anymore.

I'm probably gonna get flamed for saying this but- what happened to the days when you'd save up months worth of allowance to get a GNR concert ticket- or work your ass off at some crummy low-wage store every day after school in order to afford a ticket to this band's performance. It sickens me how a GNR ticket is now the reward or the treat to one who "surrenders their weapon". I mean, where is the will now? This takes away the beauty of owning a GNR ticket- it lessens the value of it. And although it is for a good cause- it just makes me question GNR management's motives and if they truly care about GNR's image anymore.

Relax. GnR's participation in this program has dick to do with cleaning up the streets. It's just a desperate attempt to get rid of all the unsold tickets for their floundering tour.

Hah. Wow. That's even better. ;) I think that re-enforces my point beautifully.

I'm probably gonna get flamed for saying this but- what happened to the days when you'd save up months worth of allowance to get a GNR concert ticket- or work your ass off at some crummy low-wage store every day after school in order to afford a ticket to this band's performance. It sickens me how a GNR ticket is now the reward or the treat to one who "surrenders their weapon". I mean, where is the will now? This takes away the beauty of owning a GNR ticket- it lessens the value of it...

Are you for real? :blink:

If a GNR ticket gets even one person to surrender a weapon that may have been used to take another person's life, it's priceless. I can't think of anything more valuable in the world than a human life. So, I think this initiative enriches GNR's image - not cheapens it.

Also, I find it amusing that some of the same people who ranted in an earlier thread that Jay-Z's album release would take away sales from GNR's album - are the same ones now claiming that anybody who listens to rap wouldn't be interested in free tickets to a GNR show. Which is it, guys? You can't have it both ways.

I'm probably gonna get flamed for saying this but- what happened to the days when you'd save up months worth of allowance to get a GNR concert ticket- or work your ass off at some crummy low-wage store every day after school in order to afford a ticket to this band's performance. It sickens me how a GNR ticket is now the reward or the treat to one who "surrenders their weapon". I mean, where is the will now? This takes away the beauty of owning a GNR ticket- it lessens the value of it...

Are you for real? :blink:

If a GNR ticket gets even one person to surrender a weapon that may have been used to take another person's life, it's priceless. I can't think of anything more valuable in the world than a human life. So, I think this initiative enriches GNR's image - not cheapens it.

Well there are different ways of thinking about it. But I guess just reading that article has got me feeling nostalgic. I don't even know what GNR's image is nowadays. Hopefully there will be more people like you that look at this in a beneficial way and less people that look at this as a give-away of leftover GNR tickets.

This has got me questioning the value of a GNR ticket and well. I'm just not sure anymore.

sorry officer i dont care how pissed it gets u, i dont go nowhere without my pistols pisttooolll :lol: aint a motherfucker givin up heat for a guns n roses ticket. the peoples that got that shit dont got it for fun, the shit is necesary for em to get along where they stay at, Oakland even aint that ghetto anyway, not no more. all this savin a life shit is fuckin breeze. u think if some motherfucker hands his shit in thats gonna save somebody from gettin popped? fuck no, thats jus gonna mean that that motherfuckers gonna get popped. i dunno if anyone thought about this but when u know someones heated more often than u'd think it actually puts motherfuckers off runnin' up on em.

Edited by frankwhite

But it's just asking for it. It's like saying "Come and shoot me." This is the sort of thing that gets people shot. It's a nice idea but it makes me nervous for the band. It's linking GNR with guns. And I bet some loser will try to get in with one at the show.

Obviously it is Guns n Roses but lets not make it literal.

Edited by wasted

Its a thought by the band to do something good and they get ripped for it.If it takes one extra gun off the streets and creates one more GnR fan then im for it.

The gun handed in for a concert ticket could save your friend/relative.

Yes it may create certain security issues but im sure that was descussed before the offer. Stop being so down on every thing the band does.