Turn in a Gun, get Guns tickets

Subtle Signs

I'm probably gonna get flamed for saying this but- what happened to the days when you'd save up months worth of allowance to get a GNR concert ticket- or work your ass off at some crummy low-wage store every day after school in order to afford a ticket to this band's performance. It sickens me how a GNR ticket is now the reward or the treat to one who "surrenders their weapon". I mean, where is the will now? This takes away the beauty of owning a GNR ticket- it lessens the value of it...

Are you for real? :blink:

If a GNR ticket gets even one person to surrender a weapon that may have been used to take another person's life, it's priceless. I can't think of anything more valuable in the world than a human life. So, I think this initiative enriches GNR's image - not cheapens it.

Also, I find it amusing that some of the same people who ranted in an earlier thread that Jay-Z's album release would take away sales from GNR's album - are the same ones now claiming that anybody who listens to rap wouldn't be interested in free tickets to a GNR show. Which is it, guys? You can't have it both ways.

I agree, every word.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone who disses him is a fuckface/asshole/cunt/brainless ass eater.

Exactly :P

I don´t think the band has something to do with this but anyways, it´s a pitty a nice try is being misinterpreted. Also the guy who wrote the article is a fucking moron. Why did he have to bring OIAM out? :rolleyes: . It´s been said a million times Axl is not a racist and I think the only ones who think of this stuff are a few assholes like this guy trying to start controversy. Hell, a lot of black people are GNR fans and I´m sure they weren´t even thinking of that song when this guns-ticket exchange was announced untill this moron brought it back. :rolleyes:

Edited by November_rain

Also, I find it amusing that some of the same people who ranted in an earlier thread that Jay-Z's album release would take away sales from GNR's album - are the same ones now claiming that anybody who listens to rap wouldn't be interested in free tickets to a GNR show. Which is it, guys? You can't have it both ways.

Actually, they can have it both ways. A huge amount of the people who are buying rap albums are actually young white males, which if they had only chosen to buy that ONE album, could have affected GNR's album sales since that is part of their target audience. However, that really isn't the demographic that is targeted in the guns for tickets program.

Edited by luvaxl4ever