Will CD be out by the end of 2006?

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kaneda, i would like to thank you for your honest albeit controversial post, and not choosing to jump on the merry-go-round. it is never plain sailing with GNR, god knows what is going on now..i used to be an avid reader of this forum. however the last few weeks this has been diminishing severely

let us all hope for CD by Christmas

i wish peace and good will to all!

he hasn't lied to us in the past, so why now??

"We'll come back next summer with a bunch of new songs !" - Axl Rose, Rio de Janeiro, January 2001

Haha, okay, you got me there, although, they did return in America at least. So he did tour. Not so much with more songs, that's just happening now.

The album is probably not even finished. I find it disheartening that we hear leaks, which were great at the time, then these leaks end up being the same "new" songs played live. The leaks were either leaked on purpose (the most likely scenario) or we have already heard everything that they have finished. Remember when IRS first leaked over a year ago Merck said it wasn't even in the top ten. Now it is a mainstay of the live show. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm afraid we may have heard all the finished material.

Does anybody honestly believe that the album will be out this year? I grow tired of people and their pseudo-ultimatums. "If the album doesn't drop, I'll lose faith."

Garbage. Year after year we get lies, or mistaken words and confirmations, or just plain problems. So what's so different now? We've been told this is the year... So what? I don't think that anybody will be losing any sleep (or should) or they will stop listening to the music we have just because a CD isn't released. We've waited this long, so what's the matter with another twelve months of rumors and lies? NOTHING.

Everyone here should have a life that revolves around other things. It is churlish to say "I give up" when there is nothing to give up. Anyway. As you were, gentlemen. And ladies.

the two scenarios that make the most sense for holding CD up are:

1. Merck leaving Sanctuary through everything off.

2. The label is holding CD off. This makes sense because the label needs CD to be hailed as a modern classic for it to sell well. CD is such a joke now in the mainstream media that they don't want it to get panned by the critics. Look what happened to Kevin Federline's album, it had tons of exposure due to all the media he's been in, but it was a huge joke and ended up selling only a few thousand copies.

Axl wasn't lying when he said the album would be out this year. They were planning on it. When the label heard the album they mightve sent it back and said, "Give us two more singles." Universal has said there's no plans for the album coming out. Universal has more say over this then Axl.

I have to say that it's bullshit the album hasnt come out yet.. I used to be a hardcore Axl Rose fan, I always said if Axl put out a Axl rose sings christmas songs, i'd buy it just because it was him... but after '01, and now '06 and all the lies and bullshit going on with this, I have to say that i've lost faith and at this point, really don;t care... I used to come ceck this forum everyday for news, but now it's whenever I can think about it. I've come to believe that the only reason Ax; does this, is because he knows that the few loyal fans he has will pay money to see the shows and buy the merch. and join the fan clubs, he knows the media will start to pay some attention to him, get him back in a small spotlight, and he can get paid... I don;t think it's within his best intrests to release this album... after 12 years and 15 mil. later, if the CD drops and hit's like a ton of shit, who's gonna be left for any future guns concerst or albums... nobody, if it doesnt go over well, it will also show everybody, including Axl himself, that he needs the rest of the lineup, and I think these are things that Axl already poor psyche and ego cant handle... he knows that if this thing flops, he and whats left of guns n' roses will be a laughing stock in the music business, and he will have done teh very thing he claims to have wante dto prevent by having slash and company sign over the rights, so when you think about this, he has everything to lose and nothing really to gain.. aslong as he keeps showing up to shows and doing an interveiw here and there, he knows that we will keep turning up at the shows, and keep lining his pockets... all he has to do, is not finish the tour, find somebody else to blame, go into hiding for a few more years, and resurface with some throw together shit, put 'em on the net, call it a leak and do some shows.. wash rinse and repeat.. and the simple fact that he does this, is a slap in the face of every gn'r fan that ever stood by him after montreal, and after st. louis... it's a slap in the face to everybody who ever bought a gn'r CD shirt poster or anything else... and I think it's time to put a stop to it... if people stop showing up, he has nowhere to go play, I know there's 0% chance of a boycott until we get something... but thats not even the point anymore, honestly I dont even think I want anything anymore... maybe my money back on all the shit i've bought, but hell, he obviously needs it worse than I do... he doesnt respect or care about us, and if we all bought tickets and nobody showed up, he wouldnt care, aslong as he still got paid...

Maybe i'm wrong on this but Didn't Axl say that we had a better chance of jesus returning then the album comin out anytime soon

Something along those lines, back in 2002. This year he's went on record 3 times that i'm aware of saying the cd will be out this year.

A long time ago I predicted July 2007. It's pretty obvious to me that it's not coming this year, so I'm going back to predicting July 2007. 20 years after the release of AFD.

I have to say that it's bullshit the album hasnt come out yet.. I used to be a hardcore Axl Rose fan, I always said if Axl put out a Axl rose sings christmas songs, i'd buy it just because it was him... but after '01, and now '06 and all the lies and bullshit going on with this, I have to say that i've lost faith and at this point, really don;t care... I used to come ceck this forum everyday for news, but now it's whenever I can think about it. I've come to believe that the only reason Ax; does this, is because he knows that the few loyal fans he has will pay money to see the shows and buy the merch. and join the fan clubs, he knows the media will start to pay some attention to him, get him back in a small spotlight, and he can get paid... I don;t think it's within his best intrests to release this album... after 12 years and 15 mil. later, if the CD drops and hit's like a ton of shit, who's gonna be left for any future guns concerst or albums... nobody, if it doesnt go over well, it will also show everybody, including Axl himself, that he needs the rest of the lineup, and I think these are things that Axl already poor psyche and ego cant handle... he knows that if this thing flops, he and whats left of guns n' roses will be a laughing stock in the music business, and he will have done teh very thing he claims to have wante dto prevent by having slash and company sign over the rights, so when you think about this, he has everything to lose and nothing really to gain.. aslong as he keeps showing up to shows and doing an interveiw here and there, he knows that we will keep turning up at the shows, and keep lining his pockets... all he has to do, is not finish the tour, find somebody else to blame, go into hiding for a few more years, and resurface with some throw together shit, put 'em on the net, call it a leak and do some shows.. wash rinse and repeat.. and the simple fact that he does this, is a slap in the face of every gn'r fan that ever stood by him after montreal, and after st. louis... it's a slap in the face to everybody who ever bought a gn'r CD shirt poster or anything else... and I think it's time to put a stop to it... if people stop showing up, he has nowhere to go play, I know there's 0% chance of a boycott until we get something... but thats not even the point anymore, honestly I dont even think I want anything anymore... maybe my money back on all the shit i've bought, but hell, he obviously needs it worse than I do... he doesnt respect or care about us, and if we all bought tickets and nobody showed up, he wouldnt care, aslong as he still got paid...

I could send you axl singing white christmas

not this year man, it can't possibly come out. but if it does, ill be damned!

i really hope ot comes out this year, but it doesnt look too good.. not enough time to market the cd i guess..

Although, you're posted always gets slated, you do have a point.

Why, would Axl lie though? He's never gave a release date personally before this year, he hasn't lied to us in the past, so why now??

Somethings wrong, and he's concentrating on the tour.

he's actually concentrating on the tour and the cd, like how he was late to a show because he was in the studio, i think he really wants this to work this time round, it almost seems like he gives a shit about fans like us, he is overworking himself to the point of sickness..

i know we have all had lies told to us.etc but i think we should give axl a break. 2006, he has done quite abit, sure no album, but i think thats like his main priority, other than shows.

this is ridiculous, we can have a post like this all the time, 28 days, 27 days, 26 days still no album. well its 4 minutes to new years eve, no sign of the album, jesus people, its gonna come out when it comes out n no amount of speculation is worth a shit.

Maybe i'm wrong on this but Didn't Axl say that we had a better chance of jesus returning then the album comin out anytime soon

Something along those lines, back in 2002. This year he's went on record 3 times that i'm aware of saying the cd will be out this year.

A long time ago I predicted July 2007. It's pretty obvious to me that it's not coming this year, so I'm going back to predicting July 2007. 20 years after the release of AFD.

what he actually said was something along the lines of "if ur into waiting, why dont u try jesus, i hear the pay off is bigger/better" something along those lines, which seems to me to mean live ur life motherfuckers, i'll release it when im good n ready n he said this around 02 n lots of comments since have more than suggested that release is imminent.