Will CD be out by the end of 2006?

I for one am not too disappointed,yet!!

I've lived long enough to know~"things happen"!!

I, unlike you, have yet to see them live because

my show Nashville, has yet to be "rescheduled"!!

I still hope, but am also realistic!!

If it doesn't come out this year, maybe early next!?!?

Fingers & toes "crossed"!!!!!

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one am not too disappointed,yet!!

I've lived long enough to know~"things happen"!!

I, unlike you, have yet to see them live because

my show Nashville, has yet to be "rescheduled"!!

I still hope, but am also realistic!!

If it doesn't come out this year, maybe early next!?!?

Fingers & toes "crossed"!!!!!

yep me too, I didnt saw them live.. which is my biggest desire.

And until its not 01/01/07 you cant really say "I told you so"

I still have hope, maybe its couse Im new at waiting for this album, but still I want it bad

I believed it this time. All the other times Axl spoke about a release it was "We hope" etc. Not a real response. Then this year he hsaid "Late fall" for sure. With the leaks, the killer tour, Axl always out and about partying, and the Harley Davidson commercial that featured Better, I thought it was for real this time.

Still a killer year. I had a great time seeing them live. I still listen to the leaks very often. I'm not to disapointed.

It's sad and pathetic to see how many people are thinking that this album will be out with no promotion..it's impossible,give up..the year will be over with no CD in our hands.Geffen would never leave this album to come out in a surprise tuesday..and Merck was joking about it.

Santa is coming people..and his existence is more credible than Chinese Democracy

I believed it this time. All the other times Axl spoke about a release it was "We hope" etc. Not a real response. Then this year he hsaid "Late fall" for sure. With the leaks, the killer tour, Axl always out and about partying, and the Harley Davidson commercial that featured Better, I thought it was for real this time.

Still a killer year. I had a great time seeing them live. I still listen to the leaks very often. I'm not to disapointed.

I can live with a valid delay. If they came out a few months in advance and offered an apology to the people they misled, that would be fine, because then they'd be acting reasonable.

What I feel upset about is the fact that he knowingly lied to us - numerous times.

You don't run into problems last minute. People are saying "maybe it's Universal" or "Maybe they had to go back and edit the songs because Brain left." Bullshit. If that were the case, they would have known by the middle of the year. You don't start planning a release a couple weeks beforehand. Especially one of this size. Even if it were a "secret" release - that doesn't change the fact that the farkin' album label would have to know whether or not they are going to be adding the album to their production line for the end of the year.

Universal said that they weren't even aware of Democracy being slated for release.

I think the leaks were put out by management to get some hype built up. They figured 2002 was a failure because they had nothing to tour on, but with leaks it gave the tour a strength and validity that was sorely needed - and it worked. In 2002 people knew Axl had said the album wouldn't be out soon, and they knew there wasn't any new music to tour on (except for a select few live songs) - but the leaks really proved that they've been making music. People - even skeptics on the forums - believed this was the year. Axl gave a firm release date for the first time ever and reinforced this only a few months ago at the September VMAs. Merck and Beta both confirmed 2006 as the year of Chinese Democracy.

And I just think it's sad that they would tell fans through major outlets such as Rolling Stone "this is the year" and then not offer any explanation with only two weeks left to go.

I'm not upset at Axl for not releasing the album. I'm upset at Axl for misleading his fans and taking them for advantage - once again. If this tour really was a money grab, then I've lost a lot of respect for him. I really hope some kind of valid excuse for all this mess surfaces sometime soon. If January 1st comes and goes and we just get an ignorant excuse like the one posted for the Fresno cancellation, I am going to lose a lot of my respect for Axl. And I really don't want to lose respect for him, because he's still my favorite musician and I'd hate to see him treat his fans this way.

Pray for December 19th.

Edited by Estranged Reality

Wow, some of you people really think C.D. is coming out this month. HA! Christ is going to come back before that album is released! Also, I heard that it was delayed yet again becuase the record company was having some trouble with it, but most of you on here have probably already heard about that... :shades:

I've given up on looking forward to the record. Instead I'm looking forward to the excuse they'll be giving for it not showing up in 2006 and why they lied about it. That one is gonna be just as classic as the album (if it EVER comes out).

Edited by Lukinx

Guys, it's true. We got played.

After the 2002 debacle, Axl and co. knew that the only way they could get fans out of their houses and into arenas -- the only way they could overcome all the ill will that Axl had earned -- was to dangle the promise of Axl FINALLY coming through... this time.

That's why the leaks came out when they did (as more than one poster h as pointed out, leaks of the very same songs the band has been playing live). That's why the tours platformed the way the did, from small to large... it's all been about making the European tour and this U.S. tour big moneymakers.

That's all.

What's depressing to me isn't the fact that Axl has lied yet again, or that he's basically said Fuck You to all of us, the fans, who have given him the benefit of the doubt time and time again. What concerns me is what this says of his future plans.

See, Axl may be crazy, but he's not stupid. Merck certainly isn't either. They both know that once it sinks it with everybody that there will be no record this year, the backlash will be HUGE. In terms of a new tour, pretty much insurmountable. The story of Axl will have gone from an amusing cautionary to an outright, laughable joke.

A joke that nobody would ever be able to support again, ever. Not in a wide scale, in the scope this band needs to, to survive.

You see, the fact that Axl is raping us all so casually this time around basically reveals that not only is CD not coming out now, but it is NEVER going to come out, and he has no intention of it ever coming out. Right now he's taking his last licks, cashing in while the cashing is good, and then I doubt we'll see him again; he'll retire, with his psychosis and AFD royalties pouring in, and never be heard from again.

Because that's who Axl is now. A coward, who preys on the ignorance and hope of the people that support him.

Which is the real tragedy -- because he, at one time, was a courageous artist. Somebody who inspired a lot of people, myself included. No I doubt we'll ever get to hear the songs he's been working on for so long.

Or maybe we already have heard the results of all these years of work. Maybe that's it. Maybe he's been hiding that his creative gas tank ran dry a long time ago.

I don't know. We'll never know. Thanks to Axl, all we'll ever be left with is questions.

sorry but those still holding out for a december release need a reality check

just wait it could still happen

thought you said there was no chance what so ever it would come out in 2006 back in mid november?

It won't happen. My best guess would be March '07, and that's a generous guess.

Look out for March as the soonest possible time as confimed to me by Universal music marketing rep.

Sure...you know a Universal Marketing Rep.

And I'm the Easter Bunny.

All this bitterness is funny. The only thing I fault anyone in the camp for is not giving an explanation for the missed date. I don't feel like any artist is or should be on any timetable to produce their work. That's what leads to crap. So, the album not being out...no big whip. However, implying/stating that the album will be out, then not giving an explanation for the lack of an album, that's cowardly. However, it's not bad enough for me to stop anticipating the album.