Will CD be out by the end of 2006?

if axL said he said it ... and thats it ... its coming out if it is'nt hes gay

I have to say that it's bullshit the album hasnt come out yet.. I used to be a hardcore Axl Rose fan, I always said if Axl put out a Axl rose sings christmas songs, i'd buy it just because it was him... but after '01, and now '06 and all the lies and bullshit going on with this, I have to say that i've lost faith and at this point, really don;t care... I used to come ceck this forum everyday for news, but now it's whenever I can think about it. I've come to believe that the only reason Ax; does this, is because he knows that the few loyal fans he has will pay money to see the shows and buy the merch. and join the fan clubs, he knows the media will start to pay some attention to him, get him back in a small spotlight, and he can get paid... I don;t think it's within his best intrests to release this album... after 12 years and 15 mil. later, if the CD drops and hit's like a ton of shit, who's gonna be left for any future guns concerst or albums... nobody, if it doesnt go over well, it will also show everybody, including Axl himself, that he needs the rest of the lineup, and I think these are things that Axl already poor psyche and ego cant handle... he knows that if this thing flops, he and whats left of guns n' roses will be a laughing stock in the music business, and he will have done teh very thing he claims to have wante dto prevent by having slash and company sign over the rights, so when you think about this, he has everything to lose and nothing really to gain.. aslong as he keeps showing up to shows and doing an interveiw here and there, he knows that we will keep turning up at the shows, and keep lining his pockets... all he has to do, is not finish the tour, find somebody else to blame, go into hiding for a few more years, and resurface with some throw together shit, put 'em on the net, call it a leak and do some shows.. wash rinse and repeat.. and the simple fact that he does this, is a slap in the face of every gn'r fan that ever stood by him after montreal, and after st. louis... it's a slap in the face to everybody who ever bought a gn'r CD shirt poster or anything else... and I think it's time to put a stop to it... if people stop showing up, he has nowhere to go play, I know there's 0% chance of a boycott until we get something... but thats not even the point anymore, honestly I dont even think I want anything anymore... maybe my money back on all the shit i've bought, but hell, he obviously needs it worse than I do... he doesnt respect or care about us, and if we all bought tickets and nobody showed up, he wouldnt care, aslong as he still got paid...

u got it dude ... thats what I was trying to say the other day ... and I got humiliated by all the people ... but u just put the whole thing in the right place ... thank you, for writing it so open minded.

Maybe i'm wrong on this but Didn't Axl say that we had a better chance of jesus returning then the album comin out anytime soon

:huh:

Ummm.......no.

wtf?!? where the hell did you get that from?

funniest thing iVe ever heard... but JESUS will come back take seriously or not.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that it's bullshit the album hasnt come out yet.. I used to be a hardcore Axl Rose fan, I always said if Axl put out a Axl rose sings christmas songs, i'd buy it just because it was him... but after '01, and now '06 and all the lies and bullshit going on with this, I have to say that i've lost faith and at this point, really don;t care... I used to come ceck this forum everyday for news, but now it's whenever I can think about it. I've come to believe that the only reason Ax; does this, is because he knows that the few loyal fans he has will pay money to see the shows and buy the merch. and join the fan clubs, he knows the media will start to pay some attention to him, get him back in a small spotlight, and he can get paid... I don;t think it's within his best intrests to release this album... after 12 years and 15 mil. later, if the CD drops and hit's like a ton of shit, who's gonna be left for any future guns concerst or albums... nobody, if it doesnt go over well, it will also show everybody, including Axl himself, that he needs the rest of the lineup, and I think these are things that Axl already poor psyche and ego cant handle... he knows that if this thing flops, he and whats left of guns n' roses will be a laughing stock in the music business, and he will have done teh very thing he claims to have wante dto prevent by having slash and company sign over the rights, so when you think about this, he has everything to lose and nothing really to gain.. aslong as he keeps showing up to shows and doing an interveiw here and there, he knows that we will keep turning up at the shows, and keep lining his pockets... all he has to do, is not finish the tour, find somebody else to blame, go into hiding for a few more years, and resurface with some throw together shit, put 'em on the net, call it a leak and do some shows.. wash rinse and repeat.. and the simple fact that he does this, is a slap in the face of every gn'r fan that ever stood by him after montreal, and after st. louis... it's a slap in the face to everybody who ever bought a gn'r CD shirt poster or anything else... and I think it's time to put a stop to it... if people stop showing up, he has nowhere to go play, I know there's 0% chance of a boycott until we get something... but thats not even the point anymore, honestly I dont even think I want anything anymore... maybe my money back on all the shit i've bought, but hell, he obviously needs it worse than I do... he doesnt respect or care about us, and if we all bought tickets and nobody showed up, he wouldnt care, aslong as he still got paid...

I could send you axl singing white christmas

hey, do that, i'll give it a listen

if axL said he said it ... and thats it ... its coming out if it is'nt hes gay

u got it dude ... thats what I was trying to say the other day ... and I got humiliated by all the people ... but u just put the whole thing in the right place ... thank you, for writing it so open minded.

Well, to be honest i'm suprised that nobody crawled my ass for it also, but eh.. I've come to see some people take this guns and Axl thing very seriously, as I once did.. but after all this, you gotta look at him like he seems to look at us, ya know.. "who tha fuck are you again, and why do I care"...because thats the vibe I get... I've read alot of places about so and so meeting Tommy or Fink or everybody else, except Axl, maybe one or two there.. but doesnt that seem abit.. pretentious, how everybody else is good enough for us to meet, but not poor Axl, cause he's either got better things to do than spend five mintes with teh people who made him who he is, or he;s too good and doesnt wanna be bothered... of course, you always risk him throwing a hissy fit an ruining the meet and greet with the rest of teh band if somebody says they like egg's and he decides he likes sausage... so... and besides, there's alot of other bands out there that genuianly care about their fans... who take time out of teh show to make sure everythings going fine, and goes out of their way to make sure the fans are happy, like slipknot... hell, when you join the fanclub you're not just a memeber of the fan club, but in a sence become a member of the band, the singer takes time out to talk to the crowd, takes time to make sure they're asmuch apart of the show as the band is... where as Axl, comes out, does a snake dance, runs around, goes backstage while a solo's goin on, cahnges cloths and comes back out... I for one, and tired of just being anothe rdollar in another bands pocket...

Maybe i'm wrong on this but Didn't Axl say that we had a better chance of jesus returning then the album comin out anytime soon

:huh:

Ummm.......no.

wtf?!? where the hell did you get that from?

That wasn't much far off, he said that if you're waiting, don't. Live your life, and that you should hold on Jesus instead cause the payoff will be much better...

:rolleyes: PRETTY LAME there...

I'm still sticking to my guns, so I still support them.

That being said, if it was this year we would of had a release date. Someone, please tell me a band that hasn't released an album under a month without a release date? 4 Tuesdays left, they're not going to release it in the last due, being close to xmas. The next two is just not possible.

These need to be printed and shipped over the world, with this album being well known enough, the word would have dropped out already if the album was in these stages.

The one thing I will be mad about, if it is not this year and we hear nothing from Merck. He said it was this year and the 13 tuesdays. Although, Axl said it, I believe Merck would control the actual paperwork and detail of the album with universal.

I can accept it not coming out this year, I can't except not knowing the reason why. If Merck chooses to ignore us, then that makes him a lier. We only need an explination.

2005 is the year of Guns n' Roses - Merck

I love it how this is just the universal answer to posts that suggest that Merck isn't a liar.

-Syth :drevil:

He did say that. You Axl-ites are every bit as bad as the negative (Read realistic) people on the forums. If this bull$hit situation continued for another seven or eight years, you would still come on here making out that Merck tells us the truth or that Axl is reliable and is just trying to make it even better.

The problem most people have with the situation, other than them ripping the fans off by doing a AFD nostalgia/cover band act, is that Axl and the band and it's management have repeatedly promised us the album, then failed to deliver anything.

The list of direct quotes people could roll out is unbelievable. For example Axl's "We'll be back here next year with a whole bunch of new songs" at Rio in 2001/02. They're still waiting.

The band has thoroughly fuc$ed things up.

it's coming out the 19th B) .........not much promotion at first, but will pick up heavily once the NFL playoffs start, promoting the album in every game. Which will lead to GN'R's Superbowl Halftime Show (finally!) ...... -_- ........... :huh: .................... :ph34r:

Kannon.

That being said, if it was this year we would of had a release date. Someone, please tell me a band that hasn't released an album under a month without a release date? 4 Tuesdays left, they're not going to release it in the last due, being close to xmas. The next two is just not possible.

These need to be printed and shipped over the world, with this album being well known enough, the word would have dropped out already if the album was in these stages.

The one thing I will be mad about, if it is not this year and we hear nothing from Merck. He said it was this year and the 13 tuesdays. Although, Axl said it, I believe Merck would control the actual paperwork and detail of the album with universal.

I can accept it not coming out this year, I can't except not knowing the reason why. If Merck chooses to ignore us, then that makes him a lier. We only need an explination.

He is only a liar if he didnt mean to release it by the end of the year. If something unforseeable happened, then he was just wrong. BIG DIFFERENCE.

You guys who are so quick to judge just dont know the story. If they were planning on it, and shit went wrong (dont wanna guess what cause I dont know any more than anyone else about record producing than everyone else does, though some pretend to know) then that is just a problem. Problems happen, liars are INTENTIONAL.

I just have a hard time believeing they lied simpy because there is no reason to. There is no advantage gained by saying it would come out by the end of the year. Everyone was gonna go to the shows anyway. (see forums) He could have said 2007 March and they would tour till then and nothing would have come from it. So why didnt he? Because he wanted to lie? No, cause they fucked something up thats why. And since noone else on this forum ever fucked anything up before, then they just bitch.

Well I fucked up alot of shit, so I get it, and I dont think he lied, Merck and Axl are human. Thats just my opinion, now let the unwarranted bashing begin.....again.

No really, he didn't. Look up the quote, saying that he hopes Guns can have a positive impact in 2005 is not the same as saying "2005 is the year of Guns N' Roses!". It's like how people always quote Darth Vader in Empire Strikes Back as saying "Luke, I am your father." Although at least that misquote is a lot closer to what was actually said.

And it's funny that you're making fun of my cussing since I rarely do so. I just get fed up with people saying that he said that and claiming it as fact when they're absolutely wrong.

He is only a liar if he didnt mean to release it by the end of the year. If something unforseeable happened, then he was just wrong. BIG DIFFERENCE.

You guys who are so quick to judge just dont know the story. If they were planning on it, and shit went wrong (dont wanna guess what cause I dont know any more than anyone else about record producing than everyone else does, though some pretend to know) then that is just a problem. Problems happen, liars are INTENTIONAL.

I just have a hard time believeing they lied simpy because there is no reason to. There is no advantage gained by saying it would come out by the end of the year. Everyone was gonna go to the shows anyway. (see forums) He could have said 2007 March and they would tour till then and nothing would have come from it. So why didnt he? Because he wanted to lie? No, cause they fucked something up thats why. And since noone else on this forum ever fucked anything up before, then they just bitch.

Well I fucked up alot of shit, so I get it, and I dont think he lied, Merck and Axl are human. Thats just my opinion, now let the unwarranted bashing begin.....again.

lickarse

I'm starting to accept the fact that it won't be this year as well. I know some people are still saying the 19th, but I just don't know how successful the album will be if it's released with little to no promotion at all. I'm sure with how much money has been put into this album, the record label's going to make sure to promote it efficiently in order to get their money's worth.

This is a little off topic, but isn't amazing how drastically this board's attitude has changed in just the last month? I mean in October/November all of the threads on the front page were saying how great the tour was doing, how Rolling Stone was talking about Axl playing the album, how Bach had described the album, and how optimistic virtually everyone was on this board that we would finally get the mythical Chinese Democracy before the end of this year. I had never really seen this board that excited for as long as I've been a member. But now, we're in December and the attitude on this board is basically the polar opposite from what it was just a month ago. Now I see the front page covered in stories about the Eagles of Death Metal saying how terrible Axl is and how the entire band is falling apart. There's also been numerous rumors about "surprise" releases nearly every Tuesday from people working in record stores or DJ's on the radio. Before these kind of rumors would raise everybody's spirits, only to crush them brutally when the rumored date has come and passed. Now everyone of these rumors are discarded as bullshit, which is the case nearly every time. Everybody's tired of all of the rumors flying around and tired of being lied to constantly. We're all afraid to believe anything, and rightfully so. I think this board's frustration is finally starting to show as the end of the year is approaching. Some sort of argument seems to break out in nearly every thread. People are angry about the ongoing silence from the band and management regarding the album. There's been several topics reporting a sense that something is wrong behind the scenes. Once again, it's just been mind-blowing how much this board has changed. I'm not trying to be negative or anything like that, I just kind of reflecting back on the last couple of months. Now, I guess we just have to wait and see what this final month has to offer us.

Edited by ronaldo9

I'm starting to accept the fact that it won't be this year as well. I know some people are still saying the 19th, but I just don't know how successful the album will be if it's released with little to no promotion at all. I'm sure with how much money has been put into this album, the record label's going to make sure to promote it efficiently in order to get their money's worth.

This is a little off topic, but isn't amazing how drastically this board's attitude has changed in just the last month? I mean in October/November all of the threads on the front page were saying how great the tour was doing, how Rolling Stone was talking about Axl playing the album, how Bach had described the album, and how optimistic virtually everyone was on this board that we would finally get the mythical Chinese Democracy before the end of this year. I had never really seen this board that excited for as long as I've been a member. But now, we're in December and the attitude on this board is basically the polar opposite from what it was just a month ago. Now I see the front page covered in stories about the Eagles of Death Metal saying how terrible Axl is and how the entire band is falling apart. There's also been numerous rumors about "surprise" releases nearly every Tuesday from people working in record stores or DJ's on the radio. Before these kind of rumors would raise everybody's spirits, only to crush them brutally when the rumored date has come and passed. Now everyone of these rumors are discarded as bullshit, which is the case nearly every time. Everybody's tired of all of the rumors flying around and tired of being lied to constantly. We're all afraid to believe anything, and rightfully so. I think this board's frustration is finally starting to show as the end of the year is approaching. Some sort of argument seems to break out in nearly every thread. People are angry about the ongoing silence from the band and management regarding the album. There's been several topics reporting a sense that something is wrong behind the scenes. Once again, it's just been mind-blowing how much this board has changed. I'm not trying to be negative or anything like that, I just kind of reflecting back on the last couple of months. Now, I guess we just have to wait and see what this final month has to offer us.

You know, I think you're right. For several months we believed it was coming this year, but now we know it's not. It's a real dissapointment to everybody. And with cancelling shows, bad press against axl from the pigeons, it's been a pretty negative week.