Will CD be out by the end of 2006?

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Axl may be crazy, he may be stubborn, unpredictible etc etc but he is NOT stupid. He said we'd ''definately'' see it this year, I think we will. I'm sure he knows the kind of backlash there will be if the 31st passes and there's no album. He's playing shows at a Universal arena (which imho rules out any kind of fighting between the label bigwigs and Axl, as some have speculated) in January--and I don't think he's oblivious to the fact that quite a few of the shows aren't selling; I hope and think he knows that if he lets his fans down once again those venues will be much smaller the next time. So something HAS to be coming, it'd be suicide not to release at least a single by the year's end, and I think Axl knows it.

There was a time when GN'R could sell out 75,000 seat stadiums and now the band has a hard time selling 10,000 seats. It's not because GN'R is past it's peak or prime--the Rolling Stones have been past their ''peak'' since the late '70s, yet their "Bigger Bang" tour ranks as the highest selling of all time, from what I've heard. In the case of GN'R, they are underpromoted and really mismanaging things. With a solid album, a catchy single, and a truckload of promotion, I think that even the new band could sell out a stadium.

For a lot of people this is a make-or-break year, myself included. If the album isn't out, will I cry? No. Will it ruin my life? No. Will I stop coming here? No, because frankly I like coming here and I enjoy the atmosphere. But I will stop caring about the album. And I think that will be a lot of people's attitudes. I mean, honestly, it'd be dumb for anyone to stop posting here, simply because this place is too fun to ever abandon.

And I think that the period from December 31st on will be a very interesting time either way. If it comes out, you won't be able to get on the board due to the thousands of people flooding the site all at once lol, and it'll be very busy for weeks and months after cause everybody will be discussing the album. If it isn't released, then the worst is yet to come in terms of bitching. It may be bad now with people complaining and bashing the band, but imo it will be 100 times worse if no album is released this year.

You are totally right..

I dont thonk Axl is stupid, and I belive he will act due to his word.

the losses will be to big on him if he dosent.

sure the hard core funs will come to shows, but its not enough, not for him and not for us.

So I belive he'll do the right thing

this could be the quiet before the storm. i know highly unlikely, but could he possibly release it on the 31st? i only know of one other album not released on a tuesday and that was 50 cent, but that was due to piracy. he would just barely have it out by the end of 2006, and people could bring in the new year with the"new" gnr and it's album.

Good Post Mr. Miser.

I agree, something could be coming. Something has to be coming. It would be awesome if they had some kind of master plan this whole time and we getting all worked up for nothing.

If the album doesn't come out this year I'll still be around too.

Hi

Axl may be crazy, he may be stubborn, unpredictible etc etc but he is NOT stupid. He said we'd ''definately'' see it this year, I think we will. I'm sure he knows the kind of backlash there will be if the 31st passes and there's no album. He's playing shows at a Universal arena (which imho rules out any kind of fighting between the label bigwigs and Axl, as some have speculated) in January--and I don't think he's oblivious to the fact that quite a few of the shows aren't selling; I hope and think he knows that if he lets his fans down once again those venues will be much smaller the next time. So something HAS to be coming, it'd be suicide not to release at least a single by the year's end, and I think Axl knows it.

There was a time when GN'R could sell out 75,000 seat stadiums and now the band has a hard time selling 10,000 seats. It's not because GN'R is past it's peak or prime--the Rolling Stones have been past their ''peak'' since the late '70s, yet their "Bigger Bang" tour ranks as the highest selling of all time, from what I've heard. In the case of GN'R, they are underpromoted and really mismanaging things. With a solid album, a catchy single, and a truckload of promotion, I think that even the new band could sell out a stadium.

For a lot of people this is a make-or-break year, myself included. If the album isn't out, will I cry? No. Will it ruin my life? No. Will I stop coming here? No, because frankly I like coming here and I enjoy the atmosphere. But I will stop caring about the album. And I think that will be a lot of people's attitudes. I mean, honestly, it'd be dumb for anyone to stop posting here, simply because this place is too fun to ever abandon.

And I think that the period from December 31st on will be a very interesting time either way. If it comes out, you won't be able to get on the board due to the thousands of people flooding the site all at once lol, and it'll be very busy for weeks and months after cause everybody will be discussing the album. If it isn't released, then the worst is yet to come in terms of bitching. It may be bad now with people complaining and bashing the band, but imo it will be 100 times worse if no album is released this year.

in the immortal words of axl himself: "you're fuckin' crazy".

it ain't comin out this year,man. it just ain't.

the situation may or may not be beyond axl's control, although i doubt it is.

if he wanted it out bad enough this year, he could make it happen. but to think it's coming now with no announced date, no promo in stores, no single, no video....oh, child! you know you're crazy!

Well, I'm not so convinced something has to happen this year. I think it's likely that they were shooting for 2006 but they may have missed that date. For whatever reason they aren't telling us that this is the case. But you know, that's really the one thing that leaves me thinking we may still see it this year. If it had fallen into 2007 I believe Axl or Merck would at least confirm that much. It's not like they need to keep that a secret...we'd find out in a few weeks anyhow.

I've pretty much stopped caring. Not about the album, and not about being a fan and of course I'll buy it when it comes out. But I used to love reading the rumours, and believing there was some grand plan in place. I couldn't care less about all of that now. Too many bullshit rumours and failed starts. I check out the forums still on an almost daily basis but I don't really expect to find any news. And whatever rumours come to light I am a lot more cynical about. I just don't care. I want some real news already.

But have you noticed there haven't been too many rumours lately? A few weeks ago there was one daily. I guess it gets boring even for the bullshitters.

Edited by KBear

Not even a single released to promote the album said to come out this year? No marketing whatsover (except for the last 11 years of course) and it´s the 5th of december already. The year is coming to an end. Not that it´s a shock at all but I mean come on.

Asshole Rose will never release this album period. He is to afraid.

CHINESE DEMOCRACY = GNR HYPOCRACY

Merry christmas

Asshole Rose will never release this album period

I'm glad more and more people are starting to think/realize this. It brings us that much closer to a reunion.

Do you really think Slash, Duff and Izzy would like to work with someone as Axl again ? I doubt it.

Edited by pepsicoca

Asshole Rose will never release this album period

I'm glad more and more people are starting to think/realize this. It brings us that much closer to a reunion.

Do you really think Slash, Duff and Izzy would like to work with someone as Axl again ? I doubt it.

well, wasn't Izzy touring with the band?, as a guest but working with Axl