Will CD be out by the end of 2006?

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a close to xmas date to me is perfect cus people spend money very impulsivly, i could see it being at record stores and flying off the shelf just cus its GNR and cds are the easiest thing to buy, a cd with GUNS N ROSES stamped on it would sell, especially if they had any promo poster or POP stuff... who knows, holiday shopping could help huge

Can't see it, but my fingers are crossed.

Well, the thing is, this makes sense in a way, and since nothing in GNR makes sense, it's already unrealistic again... :(

that's what being a fan has come to... debunking somewhat logical thinking with the rationale that anything logical is impossible with GNR

let's hope it happens!

these are just educated guesses.

Damned good ones too.

Be prepared however for this thread to fill up with idiots that will tell you you're out of your mind and pathetically holding on to unrealistic dreams because they're record company know-it-alls and they'll tell you it's impossible for something to be released by the 18th. They'll post that just before they go to work as a 15 year old bus boy at a restaurant, or as a 25 year old unemployed loser typing away on mommy's computer:)

I'm with you though!

It all does make sense. And if it doesn't happen? Life will go on.

Damned good ones too.

Be prepared however for this thread to fill up with idiots that will tell you you're out of your mind and pathetically holding on to unrealistic dreams because they're record company know-it-alls and they'll tell you it's impossible for something to be released by the 18th. They'll post that just before they go to work as a 15 year old bus boy at a restaurant, or as a 25 year old unemployed loser typing away on mommy's computer:)

I'm with you though!

Hahahaha.....thanks Matt. ;)

a close to xmas date to me is perfect cus people spend money very impulsivly, i could see it being at record stores and flying off the shelf just cus its GNR and cds are the easiest thing to buy, a cd with GUNS N ROSES stamped on it would sell, especially if they had any promo poster or POP stuff... who knows, holiday shopping could help huge

Exactly...

The one thing that confuses me still, however, is what happened with the Harley add. Jarmo stated that someone "jumped the gun" at Harley...I bet they used the demo thinking it was the same as the album version after making a deal with GNR to use it once the album was released. Makes sense cuz lets be honest, there was no difference from the one they used and the demo we all have heard. All things considered, Im still gunning for the 18th.

Edited by sofine11

Imagine the replication of a cd this big being released without any promotions.

CNN would even report on it. I think they would get a bigger bang for their buck by doing it this way. It's risky but eh...could work.

If it was your record company and your money on the line...would you risk it? I don't think I would and therefore I have to think they wouldn't either. I think it has been delayed to '07. hope i'm wrong.

Sounds good to me, but I am still awaiting an answer from my Magic 8 Ball. With only 5 or 6 answers, its got pretty good odds. :)

*EDIT* Oh wait! That wasnt supposed to be there. That was a leaked quote from Axl when asked about the release date. OMG I hope they dont find out !!

Edited by gnfnr2006

Guest Edward Rose

Damned good (guesses) too.

I'm with you though!

That's frigin' hilarious.

And I agree with the other poster, the only thing that doesn't make sense is the Harley ad. But then again, because it (Better version) never went public, there's any number of things that can go wrong with advertising deals that have nothing to do with a band releasing an album. For all we know, Harley could have pulled a Corporate Scum thing, and didn't want to pay the amount of $ asked for by Guns management.

Guest Edward Rose
It's not going to be in December - I f*cking told you people it was March!

Sincerely,

Slash

Thank you for fulfilling Matt's prophecy rock3

Imagine the replication of a cd this big being released without any promotions.

CNN would even report on it. I think they would get a bigger bang for their buck by doing it this way. It's risky but eh...could work.

If it was your record company and your money on the line...would you risk it? I don't think I would and therefore I have to think they wouldn't either. I think it has been delayed to '07. hope i'm wrong.

Well, that's just it. It makes total sense because if the album speaks for itself and people like the music, it really doesn't matter how much promotion you give the thing before hand. Sure, serious promotion might get you in the #1 spot and have a huge opening couple weeks of sales, but if you can sacrifice that within a year sales would level out anyway. More people will be buying it a month after its release if it's good instead of buying it right away with a ton of promotion.

Look at UYI's. Do you think cumulative sales figures of those albums today would be any different if they didn't promote it at all to begin with? They'd be about the same because the albums were good.

Now... if an album sucks... you need to give it a ton of promotion to get people to blindly buy it real quick so you can make a cash grab... ha.

By all accounts, CD is going to be better than your average rock album. So open promotion for it doesn't really matter.

Like I've said all along... and as other people have pointed out... the things already promoting itself. Everyone knows about it in the music world. It's like Howard Hughes' 'Grey Goose' flying boat.

Who isn't going to go down to the harbor to see that thing fly for the first time?

Guest Edward Rose

Matt13-

By all accounts, CD is going to be better than your average rock album. So open promotion for it doesn't really matter.

That's why the "Impossible without promo" people have no clue.

"Clerks" had NO PROMO!

Edited by Edward Rose