I MISS BRAIN

rockstar81

Brain totally destroys that video-clip though.... ....since his drumming is too loud for the recording mic it makes the sound of an otherwise beutyful guitarsolo drown in bad recording noise.

Edited by Lukinx

Brain is awesome on drums!

If he'll return ? I don't know. I feel something has been going on with him and the other band members.

Annouce his departure would ruin lots, and he's probably bound by some contract. So he'll probably be a member, doing a few shows now and than, but will without a doubt be the first member to leave the band if someone was to leave.

Sorry, but no rock-n-roll drom solo compares to this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUICMEqdAlM

there was no rock n roll in that solo. i checked.

as for the issue at hand, i don't think brain is that great. he's good n all....better than a lot of drummers, but i think frank is better. frank has better feel and i think the band sounds better with him, but i am only judging this based on youtube stuff.

i'm familiar with a lot of frank's other work (perry farrell/the beautiful etc....) and i think he is superior to brain.

i've also noticed that brain has a tendency to play everything right on top of the beat (like he's playing to a click or in a marching band) whereas frank tends to let a lot of things slide ahead and behind the beat and swing a lot more.

Brain is going to get the same treatment that Buckethead gets here if it's offically confirmed that he's out of the band. When those two were still very much in the band, people couldn't stop kissing their asses. Once they are out, things change. Shows how replaceable this lineup is. Nobody stays long enough nor has endeared themselves enough to really make the fans give a shit...except Pit(t)man ofcourse...and Dizzy Reed. Lord knows GnR can't survive without synth, keyboard and bongos...

Sorry, but no rock-n-roll drom solo compares to this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUICMEqdAlM

there was no rock n roll in that solo. i checked.

as for the issue at hand, i don't think brain is that great. he's good n all....better than a lot of drummers, but i think frank is better. frank has better feel and i think the band sounds better with him, but i am only judging this based on youtube stuff.

i'm familiar with a lot of frank's other work (perry farrell/the beautiful etc....) and i think he is superior to brain.

i've also noticed that brain has a tendency to play everything right on top of the beat (like he's playing to a click or in a marching band) whereas frank tends to let a lot of things slide ahead and behind the beat and swing a lot more.

Sliding behind or ahead of the beat, if it's intended, or if the song requires it, is great. From what I've seen thus far of Frank (both live and on various live videos), I consider that to be sloppiness. Frank has good chemistry with the band, but I feel like he often plays with less impact than he should, and his cymbal work is hit and miss...just an opinion.

Brain is going to get the same treatment that Buckethead gets here if it's offically confirmed that he's out of the band. When those two were still very much in the band, people couldn't stop kissing their asses. Once they are out, things change. Shows how replaceable this lineup is. Nobody stays long enough nor has endeared themselves enough to really make the fans give a shit...except Pit(t)man ofcourse...and Dizzy Reed. Lord knows GnR can't survive without synth, keyboard and bongos...

very true.....few of them are original members of the non-original band. i guess axl, finck, stinson and reed are the real not-real gnr if that makes sense.

it's just so hard to take the new band seriously in any capacity, ya know? obviously every one of these guys has replaced an unforgettable player, and they clearly have no control over the direction of the band or when the record comes out......this combined with the fact they don't endear themselves to the fans makes it seem even more like they don't feel like a real band. you'd think there'd be more interviews and communication on the website n shit to give fans a chance to interact with them more.....

but i think the book on brain is probably closed at this point. he could very easily just do sessions and sporadic live dates in and around LA and still be at home with his family every night.....and i'm sure he's not exactly crying everynight cause he misses putting up with axl.....

I'm not a huge fan of Brain; Frank Ferrer, on the other hand, really impressed me at last week's show that I went to. His style reminded me a lot more of Matt Sorum (who I really like as a drummer). Plus, he played most of the old songs the right way, as opposed to Brain changing parts for the worse, imho. I'd like to see the new guy stay on as the full-time drummer.

Brain is the best drummer GN'R has ever had, IMO.

I agree. said it before and i'll say it again, Hes the Buckethead of the drumming world.

:laugh: Not quite.

IMO, Frank is better than Brian. I always thought Brain was kinda sloppy. Like the beginning of YCBM, it just doesn't sound right to me.

And Sorum was the best GN'R drummer IMO.