Is Axl's voice better or worse since the European tour?

Son Of A Gun

I think his voice is actually better, well on the European tour at least...no seriously. Listen to him on Nightrain or doing the long scream near the end of KOHD- he does that better than he ever did. The old Axl used to scream out the vocal with raw power, but the new Axl, from a technical perspective, is a more accomplished singer.

I think fitness is the key here. If he runs around the stage and gets out of breath he can't do the rasp as well and sings off-key. Standing still his voice can be spectacular.

Your actually all delusional!

Have you actually listened to his voice?

Don't get me wrong.. Axl used to be the greatest rock n' roll singer/front man of all time..

But now :confused:

If you compare his voice from 93' till now you'll notice it's quite a bit higher and I'm not talking about his range.. I'm talking about his tone! Speaking voice included! This is because at some time between 93' and now he has damaged the bass end of his vocal chords.. Hense the lack of control and weak quality to his voice.. and notable change in pitch!

Doubt it? Listen to Donnington or his recent 'Do you know where the fuck you are from the VMA's! All treble no base!

That was 02 when his voice sucked ass, Listen to "Do you know where the fuck you are?" at Rock am Ring 2006 and you'll see that Axl's voice in 2006 sounds better than he has since the late 80s, i think he sounds fantastic on KROQ as well, He's back in business compared to rio 2001.... oh my god his vocals were awful there, was a great show just for the epicness of it but i felt awful when i first watched it to see what had happened to his voice, Glad he's now rasping his way through shows again, sorry it isn't doing it for ya

I think it depends on the show, some are better and some are not so good.Also, we normally have low quality bootledges so it wouldn´t be fair to judge from them IMO.

From my experience at the gigs I attended he sounded awesome and I noticed a big improvement since the first time I saw him in Madrid and when I saw him in the middle of July. Also, we can´t base our judgements on bootledges because there´s a big difference when you´re there and when you hear that same show on a bootledge, the boots diminish the quality and make some shows look bad IMO. I remember the show in Madrid, he sounded great and then in the bootledge sounded very different.

For some wierd reason it feels like dwaindibbley and rich256 is the same person posting from two different accounts, constantly qouting the other account and agreeing to that the post trying to make his or her point more valid.

But on the other hand. I could be wrong. :P