Eagles Of Death Metal Video Interview!

angry anderson

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or does every single other band from that era hate Axl?

Bono (U2) is probably the only Axl's fan from that era (the savage animal doesn't count). There's a mixture of jealousy and irritation about Axl.

Slash has definitely more friends in the business. Dave Grohl despises Axl but he loves Slash, that's just one example.

Edited by pepsicoca

Interesting interview. The guy brings us some dirt & a different perspective on this tour - you gotta give him that.

Journalistically, it's crap. Pretty raw & ethically questionable. But we're not here to talk about that are we?

Axl's clothes tailored? That's not news. And frankly, who cares...besides Axl of course. He's getting old, he's clearly choosing not to focus on fitness & diet, he's paying the price. This shit happens - and like any person, especially an egotistical rock & roll frontman, they want to look their best on stage. So really, the EODM guy was just doing a little shit talking about Axl's little insecurities...big whoop.

Band infighting? Now this is interesting. Every band fights, but the particulars of this interview were intriguing. I'm sure Tommy is pretty sick of a lot of things - the "diva" antics, practicing the shit out of songs you never wrote, not being able to play the songs you DID write, having to lie to fans on a repeated basis, having to work hard for someone that doesn't, etc. etc. And firing your friend of 25 years? Seems to confirm the rumors of Axl's constant hiring/firing/rehiring antics...too bad to hear he's still doing this (Just my perspective - not trying to piss y'all off).

I'm sure the EODM weren't great. But try to take this information as what it is - info. All is not is as rosy as it seems, and with most things, it never is. Realize the clock is ticking, this album's got to be done, or it appears their may be some new hired Guns...