The Best Albums Of 2006

Ridin' the Nightrain

My top 3 (in no order)

Buckethead & Travis Dickerson - Chicken Noodles

chickennoodleshx8.jpg

Well, what can I say. It's an amazing record. Only four songs on it, but three of them are over ten minutes, one of them almost twenty. ;) This album is really chilled out and I think everyone who says Buckethead can't play with emotions should listen to it. As a paragon for this album they used the song "Cruel Reality Of Nature" from Buckethead's album "Population Override". They use the same instruments in these four songs. Buckethead on guitars, Travis Dickerson on the keyboard.

This album is definitely one of the best this year. rock2

Iron Maiden - A Matter Of Life And Death

15995.jpg

Also a real kick-ass album and way better then I expected when I bought it. Some epic songs like on Brave New World (by the way my favourite Maiden album) mixed with some cool rock songs. Bruce Dickinson sounds quite good on it, allthough I have to say he has sometimes some problems with the high notes. Well, but he's 48. And the songs on it have such amazing melodies, that I don't mind some small voice difficulties. I also think the guitar work on it is really cool and you can hear they use 3 guitarists. Definitely worth buying it. B)

Krokus - Hellraiser

home_krokus_060815_2.jpg

The new album of the Swiss hard rock band sounds like it was recorded back in their old days. Really nice hard-rock in the Krokus style. Some songs remind me of Judas Priest (for example "Spirit Of The Night") mixed with the AC/DC touch Marc Storace's voice give's the songs. It's a good mix between ballads (Angel Of my dreams), mid-tempo hard rock songs (Midnite Fantasy) and real hard rock (hellraiser). Like the German metal magazin MetalHammer said: "The best Krokus record since 23 years". I agree with them. rock3

Edited by Iceman24