Photo ID to claim tickets

EverythingWasRoses

Just got this email from GunsNRoses.com:

Dear Guns N' Roses fan,

Your tickets for the December 10, 2006 Guns N' Roses Concert at the Everett Events Center in Everett, WA will be available for pick up at the venue box office the night of the show.

You must bring a photo ID and ticket confirmation number to claim your tickets.

Tickets will be released ONLY to the person whose name is on the tickets. No exceptions.

Well, thats just fucking great! :anger:

The tickets are in my moms name, seeing as it is her name on the credit card!

Basically now I'm going to cancel my order, tickets.com was bullshit right from the very beginning!

Also, I went all the way to New York to see these guys back in May (the shows kicked ass), but I don't feel the need to travel another 5-6 hours to see them put on the same show.

I find it very disappointing that this is the best way that this band can distribute tickets.

edit:

Just to clear things up here, I DID select for the tickets to be shipped, but some 'problem' on tickets.com's end or whatever else made it so they are ONLY doing will call, not shipping any out

Edited by jc524

Just got this email from GunsNRoses.com:
Dear Guns N' Roses fan,

Your tickets for the December 10, 2006 Guns N' Roses Concert at the Everett Events Center in Everett, WA will be available for pick up at the venue box office the night of the show.

You must bring a photo ID and ticket confirmation number to claim your tickets.

Tickets will be released ONLY to the person whose name is on the tickets. No exceptions.

Well, thats just fucking great! :anger:

The tickets are in my moms name, seeing as it is her name on the credit card!

Basically now I'm going to cancel my order, tickets.com was bullshit right from the very beginning!

Also, I went all the way to New York to see these guys back in May (the shows kicked ass), but I don't feel the need to travel another 5-6 hours to see them put on the same show.

I find it very disappointing that this is the best way that this band can distribute tickets.

Relax dude, take your mom credit card with you with a letter from her giving you the permission to get the ticket and everything will be ok.

I did it for my wife last year, I was out of town and I couldn't get the tickets for her.. everything went fine

this is common practice in all will call dude, baseball games, concerts, sporting evets all over the world, you cant just go and take someones credit card, charge tickets and pck them up if your name isnt on the receipt. Are you fucking kidding me???

The previous posts were right, you can square it away. Will call is a convieniace, not the only way to get them.

A few suggestions:

-common sense

-stop having your mom pay for your shit

-get your own damn credit card, or at least just have em sent to your moms house so you can pick them u when you get your laundry.

I cant believe you would even complain and admit you couldnt even buy your own ticket. Jesus, tis is why you negs look so foolish.

Edited by Gunzen

this is common practice in all will call dude, baseball games, concerts, sporting evets all over the world, you cant just go and take someones credit card, charge tickets and pck them up if your name isnt on the receipt. Are you fucking kidding me???

The previous posts were right, you can square it away.

A few suggestions:

-common sense

-get your own damn credit card, or at least just have em sent to your moms house so you can pick them u when you get your laundry.

I cant believe you would even complain and admit you couldnt even buy your own ticket. Jesus, tis is why you negs look so foolish.

wow!

1. I paid for the tickets

2. I don't have a credit card, i'm only 17

3. They can't be sent to the house, because tickets.com isn't sending them out.

4. Tickets.com charged an extra 15 or so dollars for delivery and "convenience" fees

And don't call me a "neg", I'm more supportive of this band then most people on here, I just think this is a little fucked up

A few suggestions:

-common sense

wow!

4. Tickets.com charged an extra 15 or so dollars for delivery and "convenience" fees

And don't call me a "neg", I'm more supportive of this band then most people on here, I just think this is a little fucked up

Sorry for the neg comment, I hear you, but there are other options to buying them. Had you read the policy and not just blindly clicked, then you would have had other options.

It is wierd, it seems like everything is thier fault. Ticktets.com has a policy and is NOT the only place to buy tickets, so you didnt have to get them that way, or even from them. It is not ticket.coms fault you didnt want to pay a convieniance fee. It would be different if they dont let you know up front what the policy is. Maybe this is why they dont let minors have credit cards? I still stand by the suggestion for you to use common sense.

again, sorry for the neg tag, I am a bit touchy about the negative posts these days.

Yeah the same thing happened to me with the Portland show, but oh well, what can you do

read the policy and pay the shipping/convieniance fee. thats what you can do.

Edited by Gunzen

A few suggestions:

-common sense

wow!

Sorry for the neg comment, I hear you, but there are other options to buying them. Had you read the policy and not just blindly clicked, then you would have had other options.

It is wierd, it seems like everything is thier fault. Ticktets.com has a policy and is NOT the only place to buy tickets, so you didnt have to get them that way, or even from them. It is not ticket.coms fault you didnt want to pay a convieniance fee. It would be different if they dont let you know up front what the policy is. Maybe this is why they dont let minors have credit cards? I still stand by the suggestion for you to use common sense.

again, sorry for the neg tag, I am a bit touchy about the negative posts these days.

Yeah the same thing happened to me with the Portland show, but oh well, what can you do

read the policy and pay the shipping/convieniance fee. thats what you can do.

I paid to have them shipped to me, but apparently tickets.com and the venue in Portland had a misunderstanding and none of the tickets got shipped out. Everyone is on willcall now.

Outlet Will Call

Tickets are available for pickup from select Tickets.com retail outlet partners 24 hours after purchase confirmation and until 3 hours prior to the event. Please bring your photo ID, the credit card used to purchase the tickets, and the confirmation number for verification.

this was taken right off the web page.

http://tickets.com/customerservice/delivery_faq.html#outlet

I dont see how this is anyones fault but your own dude, waste of a thread.

This is exactly why I get frustrated with this site, it is this kind of blame it on GNR, Merck, Axl that seems so prevasive. They has NOTHING to do with a 17 year old not reading the policy.

suggest *LOCKED*

p.s. for the guy in prtland, this is a mistake, and not the norm, you did get hosed though.

Edited by Gunzen

There was really only two options for tickets, GNR.com/Tickets.com or buying them from the Everett Events Center website. No ticketmaster at all. There were only two shows that had this (using Tickets.com as the main source for ticket sales) Everett and Portland. Now why can't they have sent out the tickets. I don't know how many people are seeing the show in Everett that are from Canada, but if I go over there and find out that I can't use my tickets just because my mother bought the tickets, even though the adress to send the tickets is under my name, I will absolutely freak out. Yes I will bring my mothers credit card (I am 17 just like JC), conformation paper and proper I.D. But why should I have to do this in the first place, they charged me 4.50 to pay for the tickets to be mailed to me, along with 11.50 in conveince charges. This is my first G'N'R show and I don't want it to be messed up because of a companies laziness to send out tickets.

There was really only two options for tickets, GNR.com/Tickets.com or buying them from the Everett Events Center website. No ticketmaster at all. There were only two shows that had this (using Tickets.com as the main source for ticket sales) Everett and Portland. Now why can't they have sent out the tickets. I don't know how many people are seeing the show in Everett that are from Canada, but if I go over there and find out that I can't use my tickets just because my mother bought the tickets, even though the adress to send the tickets is under my name, I will absolutely freak out. Yes I will bring my mothers credit card (I am 17 just like JC), conformation paper and proper I.D. But why should I have to do this in the first place, they charged me 4.50 to pay for the tickets to be mailed to me, along with 11.50 in conveince charges. This is my first G'N'R show and I don't want it to be messed up because of a companies laziness to send out tickets.

So are you saying that you were told UP FRONT that the tickets were gonna be sent to you and they later said no after you bought them? Cause that would be wrong, I seriously doubt that is the case. I am sure you were given a choice. I have gone to about 30 concerts in the last 15 years and have never has a broker "change their mind after the tickets were purchased". I call bullshit, or at least an isolated incident/mistake, which again, ahs NOTHING to do with GNR or their managemnet.

Edited by Gunzen

I was given the option to either, get the tickets mailed to me, printed off of my computer or to pick them up. I picked get mailed to me. They then, gave me the message via email yesterday that I would have to now pick them up. I am not making this an issue of G'N'R and putting blame on them. If they don't show up for the concert, then it is their issue, this is an issue relating to the title of the thread, tickets.com is a piece of shit.

I was given the option to either, get the tickets mailed to me, printed off of my computer or to pick them up. I picked get mailed to me. They then, gave me the message via email yesterday that I would have to now pick them up. I am not making this an issue of G'N'R and putting blame on them. If they don't show up for the concert, then it is their issue, this is an issue relating to the title of the thread, tickets.com is a piece of shit.

cant disagree with any of that if that is the case. I just would like to think that this is an isolated incident. At least you arent blaming GNR.

For the record that was not what happened to the other guy. He just didnt read and went off on tickets.com etc. You got screwed, sorry for that.

Edited by Gunzen

cant disagree with any of that if that is the case. I just would like to think that this is an isolated incident. At least you arent blaming GNR.

For the record that was not what happened to the other guy. He just didnt read and went off on tickets.com etc. You got screwed, sorry for that.

that is the exact same thing that happened to me

I chose for the tickets to get shipped to me, but then tickets.com decides that they don't want to send them out.

And tickets.com also chose to tell us about this just a week before the gig.

I chose for the tickets to get shipped to me, but then tickets.com decides that they don't want to send them out.

well maybe you should have explained it that way, sorry dude, but they will work with you. Mu suggrstion would be to be direct about your post, you did not mention any of that when you went off.

well maybe you should have explained it that way, sorry dude, but they will work with you. Mu suggrstion would be to be direct about your post, you did not mention any of that when you went off.

Ya, ok, I can see how you misunderstood.

Hopefully you understand now where I was coming from with this rant

The previous posts were right, you can square it away. Will call is a convieniace, not the only way to get them.

A few suggestions:

-common sense

thats not very nice..

This is really easy to fix, the same thing happend to me at the concert I went to. All you need to do is get your mom to call the will call people and put those tix in you'r name. This really isn't a bid deal. Show up with you'r ID and you'r moms credit card and you will be ok.