My Ames review.

Carne_asaDA

So i'll start with standing in line. We get there at about 400 and there's less than a dozen people in front of us. The line for the GA was very small, I'd say about 30 people until about 630. Then the line started to get longer. The crowd was very diverse as far as age goes, there was a couple there that look like they were in their 60's. Then there was a family there with a kid that looked like he was 7 or 8. But lot of kids in high school n stuff like that. IT WAS COLD AS FUCK. I was wearing Chuck Taylor's so my toes were frozen like nobody's business. At 7 o'clock the doors finally opened. As we were running to get our front row spot, the old couple that I was telling you about, the lady fell on her face. NO BULLSHIT!!!! :laugh:

But anyways, at 7:30, a band from St Louis played, forgot their names. I guess they won a spot from a radio contest or something to open. They were alright. Next were the Suicide Girls, HOT HOT HOT SEXY HOT. Nuff said. Then Baz, comes on with his corny ass. I was not a fan of him and still am not. However, I did enjoy his performance, better than what I expected. Blah blah blah.

Then shitty ass Helmet. I just did not get this. They SUCKED, THEY SUCKED, THEY FUCKING SUCKED. Their music was bland and boring, kinda killed the enthusiasm. The crowd booed them and a couple of things got thrown at them. I don't understand why Axl thought that EODM sucked and don't think Helmet sucks. But then came the wait.

12:30 am...................are you fucking kidding me???? When 12:00 o'clock rolled around, I thought that the show was gonna get cancelled and that we would have a Philly on hour hands but this time with pitch forks. :rofl-lol: But when Axl finally came on stage, all was forgiven. I would say that that Axl was in great form. Voice was good and energy was good. He did blow his nose just a couple of times and coughed a few. The highlight of the show to me was Tommy freakin Stinson. I asked him for a pick, and he threw one to me but I did not catch it. DAMN!!! But dude is hilarous. During November Rain, Tommy was looking down at us, and he was mocking Axl's lyrics. On the part that goes, " Don't you know you need sometime, all alone" Tommy mockingly rubs tears out of his eyes. Funny as hell. :xmasssanta: I will now say that Tommy won me over.

Overall, the show was good as expected, Axl looked great, but pretty short. And speaking of short, Baz's bass player looks like a midget. Either that or he could be a stunt double for an Asian in a kung fu movie. But anyways, seeing the concert front row and absorbing in the show did not change my opinion about this band. It was a great show, but the 1993 show was better. I still think that there is a lack of chemistry between the bandmates. Security was very cool. They were passing out cups of water to the people on the floor and they were very personable. We waited by the buses hoping to meet members but it got too cold, so we gave up.

I met a couple of people from this board and HTGTH. I met Whatisitman, who by the way, is a season ticket holder to GnR shows. ;)

Another cool thing was, our hotel was right next to this Mexican bar/restaurant who had $.99 Margaritas. rock3

That's how I get down.

Although it was past 12:30 when they started playing and people were getting really restless it tured out ok. Once the show started it was like all was forgiven. I thought the show was great once GNR took the stage. All the openers I didnt really care for and was bored out of my mind watching. Overall though it was a fucking great time. Me and my wife both thought that they did great and would go back to see them again in a heartbeat.

came from milwaukee through a blizzard !!!!!!! almost better then the vegas show (12-31-02)

i was the guy gettin body passed stage right w/ the banner

wooo hooo

Don't know if were near me........but I was the guy heckling the Helmet roadies telling them to "get all of their bullshit of the stage".

came from milwaukee through a blizzard !!!!!!! almost better then the vegas show (12-31-02)

i was the guy gettin body passed stage right w/ the banner

wooo hooo

Don't know if were near me........but I was the guy heckling the Helmet roadies telling them to "get all of their bullshit of the stage".

i was the guy with the gnr banner wearing it like a cape.........

i was also the first of only two people to get body passed.......i talked some farmer kids to try n throw me on stage during paradise city and wttj came on , i worked my way up front....next thing i know im in the air , they were tryin to throw me onstage right away.....i was like dudes...no paradise city wait......these farm boys were cool.....they were like " were gonna get you up there man"

any one know where i can get vids or a dvd of this show?