Kiss vs. The Rolling Stones

Bucketslash

KISS VS. THE ROLLING STONES  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think that while the stones are better as a team, kiss is better musicians

Lets face it, if you matched up Gene Simmons with Mick Jagger, your gonna have egos roughly the same size

band member wise, Kiss has been able to settle thier differences for different reunions, the stones haven't

live, kiss is better, you can't argue that,

while kiss dosen't have the impact in studio, they certainly have a more impressive legacy:make up, capitalism, 4 solo albums at once,

Musically, the stones made the same mistake of disco kiss made

kiss is better musicians?! are you crazy? they can hardly play their instruments.

this was their downfall when i saw them open for aerosmith. peter criss sang "beth" to a tape!

also ace has not settled any differences with KISS, and when i saw them no one knew he wasn't in the band cause they just painted his roadie up and didn't say anything!

the ONLY thing they have going for them is greed. gene simmons is the biggest douche, but i have to give him credit, he's the only musician who's made a living solely off merchandise.

stones.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that while the stones are better as a team, kiss is better musicians

Lets face it, if you matched up Gene Simmons with Mick Jagger, your gonna have egos roughly the same size

band member wise, Kiss has been able to settle thier differences for different reunions, the stones haven't

live, kiss is better, you can't argue that,

while kiss dosen't have the impact in studio, they certainly have a more impressive legacy:make up, capitalism, 4 solo albums at once,

Musically, the stones made the same mistake of disco kiss made

kiss is better musicians?! are you crazy? they can hardly play their instruments.

this was their downfall when i saw them open for aerosmith. peter criss sang "beth" to a tape!

also ace has not settled any differences with KISS, and when i saw them no one knew he wasn't in the band cause they just painted his roadie up and didn't say anything!

the ONLY thing they have going for them is greed. gene simmons is the biggest douche, but i have to give him credit, he's the only musician who's made a living solely off merchandise.

stones.

Not really, kiss is more realistic musically,

Peter Criss sings to the tape because he played all the instruments to "beth"

also, every drummer in kiss is always the one to sing black diamond instead of paul taking over

singing to a tape isn't any new ideas either (teenage wasteland), and infact is a little harder, as it takes more musicianship to sing to tape because your stuck with whatever tempo you have and are fucked if the tape fucks up

if you wanna talk about tapes AND being a sore sport, check the rock and roll circus, where brian's guitar is muted,the performance is held from the public because the who was better, and when mick talks to john lennon,he's got a jealous tone in his voice

and if you think ace frehley can't play guitar, your on crack

your forgetting the recent kiss reunion tour,that was the biggest selling tour for the year

the reason ace left the band again is because he just didn't wanna be in kiss anymore, but is on decent terms, compared to the stones,who have never made up with any ex member, slag off at brian jones(cept wyman)and combined claim to have slept with 500 women in under 2 years,and claim it to be a competition

singing to a tape isn't any new ideas either (teenage wasteland), and infact is a little harder, as it takes more musicianship to sing to tape because your stuck with whatever tempo you have and are fucked if the tape fucks up
The only reason the Who use the tape is for the INTRO. The band still plays the rest of the song. They just need Rabbit to be able to play the REST of the keyboard part, not just the intro loop.
Yeah, and the closest thing he's done to KISS this year is the supergroup tribute on Vh1 Rock Honors. If you're comparing ex-gutiarists, compare Ace to Mick Taylor, and it's over: Mick wins in a walk.
your forgetting the recent kiss reunion tour,that was the biggest selling tour for the year
And YOU are forgetting the Bigger Bang tour, which is the biggest selling tour EVER

The Rolling Stones are one of the greatest rock n' roll band of all time. It's a shame those summer gigs with Gnr got cancelled... :(

I think Kiss vs. Motley Crue would have been a more appropriate poll, they're all about image and partying.

The only reason the Who use the tape is for the INTRO. The band still plays the rest of the song. They just need Rabbit to be able to play the REST of the keyboard part, not just the intro loop.
Yeah, and the closest thing he's done to KISS this year is the supergroup tribute on Vh1 Rock Honors. If you're comparing ex-gutiarists, compare Ace to Mick Taylor, and it's over: Mick wins in a walk.
And YOU are forgetting the Bigger Bang tour, which is the biggest selling tour EVER

thank you axlslash

anyway, bucketslash i wouldn't get too upset over this thread as it's a ridiculous comparison. IMO i think in 100 years people will be looking at the stones' body of work with reverence; if they're looking at KISS's they'll be really confused as to how people fell for such a gimmick under the guise of a rock band.

the reunion tour was in '96 for cryin out loud, hardly a great argument here. and looking at axlslash's post, how good are the terms kiss and ace are on when he plays with the supergroup tribute INTRODUCING KISS?

musically they have a handful of great songs, but nothing that touches the rolling stones legacy.

hmm... maybe i should take some of my own advice and not take this thread too seriously :P

Edited by bass71player

• 3 weeks later...

bass- stones

no way!!

Kiss got THE coolest bassplayer in the world damn world!

Gene Simmons!! rock3

Gene can't play , it's all about the image.

if your gonna post ignorant post like that, dont post ;)

What, I just wrote my opinion about Gene Simmons. Since when did that become ignorant?

when speaking ur opinion people use to say "I think " or "IMO"....