Before there was Slash...

Vincent Vega

Hey

Long before anyone ever heard of the Top-hatted Riffmaster, there was Mick Taylor. While he didn't get the praise or recognition that Slash has, his talent is indisputable. Known for his beautiful bluesy solos and his melodic jazzy chops, from 1969 to 1975 Taylor played as the Lead Guitarist of The Rolling Stones. His sweeping, emotional solos on songs such as "Sway" and "Winter" to his jazz flavored riffs on the coda of "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" , he added a new depth of emotion to the Stones' albums and songs of this period that Keith Richards could not before him and Ron Wood hasn't after him. So, a little appreciation for a great guitarist called Mick Taylor

Love the guy. He did some REALLY brilliant work with the stones. I'm also not a huge Ron Wood fan. He's a decent enough blues player, but he doesn't have nearly the heart that Mick had. The dude really pulled that band together in phenominal ways, and I wish he was still around to kick Woodie's ass outa the band.

Love the guy. He did some REALLY brilliant work with the stones. I'm also not a huge Ron Wood fan. He's a decent enough blues player, but he doesn't have nearly the heart that Mick had. The dude really pulled that band together in phenominal ways, and I wish he was still around to kick Woodie's ass outa the band.

yeh the mans got some sure talent