This is Bullshit

Vincent Vega

Everybody, including Axl, seems to be making a much bigger deal of this Chinese Democracy project than needs be. As someone else said, it's a Rock N' Roll album, and that's what it needs to be viewed as. It is not the Second Coming nor is it this masterpiece. It's just a Rock album. And I think part of the reason for his delay is that he's overthought this and built it up in his own mind. It doesn't need to be perfect, it doesn't need to be a 23 part operatic masterpiece, it just needs to be a good rock album that lives up to the Guns N Roses name. Everybody talks about Axl's ''masterplan.'' Why does there need to be a master plan? It's only Rock N' Roll, not a government coup. No other artists make these grandiose master plans, they simply have fun, make great music and tour. It's as simple as that. Axl takes this process and himself and the band much too seriously and many of the people here do too.

Well this album has been called a "masterpiece" by Baz and others who've already heard it. And well...if this was "just another rock album"...it would have probably been out years ago. This has to be the "second coming"...or GNR may never make it big again with the mainstream fans. That is Axl's dilemma.

Everybody, including Axl, seems to be making a much bigger deal of this Chinese Democracy project than needs be. As someone else said, it's a Rock N' Roll album, and that's what it needs to be viewed as. It is not the Second Coming nor is it this masterpiece. It's just a Rock album. And I think part of the reason for his delay is that he's overthought this and built it up in his own mind. It doesn't need to be perfect, it doesn't need to be a 23 part operatic masterpiece, it just needs to be a good rock album that lives up to the Guns N Roses name. Everybody talks about Axl's ''masterplan.'' Why does there need to be a master plan? It's only Rock N' Roll, not a government coup. No other artists make these grandiose master plans, they simply have fun, make great music and tour. It's as simple as that. Axl takes this process and himself and the band much too seriously and many of the people here do too.

Wow, another clueless kid rantning... :rolleyes: First, you don't have a fucking idea what it takes to make an album or the process behind Chinese Democracy. Second, who said anything about a 'masterplan' and a rock n' roll record? Definitely not 'everybody'.

You're wrong about everything in your post, especially the "simple" part... No offence to Slash & co, but their music is far from classic or timeless and is already forgotten. That's what happens when you 'simply have fun, make great music and tour'.

“It’s not about being a control freak. It’s about being maybe smart enough to go, ‘No, that’s a bad idea.’

That’s all it’s about—keeping the ability to at least have a shot as opposed to something that’s just an

obvious disaster. I want to make a good record. I don’t want to throw a brick. This cannot be Shaq at the

free-throw line.”

-Axl Rose, New York Magazine, 18 Sep

"It's a very complex record,"

"I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen. Some people are

going to say, 'It doesn't sound like Axl Rose, it doesn't sound like Guns n' Roses.'" He then smiles and adds, "But you'll like at least a few songs on there."

-Axl Rose, Rolling Stone, Jan 17

No offence to Slash & co, but their music is far from classic or timeless and is already forgotten. That's what happens when you 'simply have fun, make great music and tour'.

Oh come on... Contraband hasn't been forgotten. It's the best rock record of the last 5 years imo. I even think that if Contraband had been a flop, Chinese Democracy would have already been released...

Wow, another clueless kid rantning... :rolleyes: First, you don't have a fucking idea what it takes to make an album or the process behind Chinese Democracy. Second, who said anything about a 'masterplan' and a rock n' roll record? Definitely not 'everybody'.

You're wrong about everything in your post, especially the "simple" part... No offence to Slash & co, but their music is far from classic or timeless and is already forgotten. That's what happens when you 'simply have fun, make great music and tour'.

“It’s not about being a control freak. It’s about being maybe smart enough to go, ‘No, that’s a bad idea.’

That’s all it’s about—keeping the ability to at least have a shot as opposed to something that’s just an

obvious disaster. I want to make a good record. I don’t want to throw a brick. This cannot be Shaq at the

free-throw line.”

"I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen. Some people are

going to say, 'It doesn't sound like Axl Rose, it doesn't sound like Guns n' Roses.'" He then smiles and adds, "But you'll like at least a few songs on there."

Your havin a fuckin laugh the old guys stuff is already forgotten???????????????????????

Aye your so fuckin spot on there thats why the likes of paradise city sweet child, jungle ycbm and the list goes fuckin on keeps topping greatest riffs and song polls all over the world and axl fuckin hasbeen rose is getting his hired guns to play the CLASSIC stuff every night at the shows and is too fucking scared to release this fucked up album cause of the leaks we heard they dont come fucking close to the old line ups material.

How the fuck did you become a mod?

Guest Edward Rose

Also remember, it's a FACT that the people who call in to radio shows represent a completely different psychological mind-set than the full audience. (The urge to pick up a phone)

Same here. Many more lurk and read than those who post. We can only hope that the "many" aren't falling for the illusion created by the flamaers who need to get a life. (as alluded to by a recent Guns statement) As it is, we lose allot of good conversation because most people are scared to death to say anything for fear of being flamed... as the flamers hide behind Freedom of Speech and multiple identities.

Edited by Edward Rose

Ok, understandable. I take back my ''everybody'' statement, it was just a generalization. And read the boards, whenever there's a thread speculating upon the release of album, there's always a bunch of people stating that Axl has this masterplan and that that's why there is so much silence and hasn't been promotion or a release date.

I've read plenty on the process that goes into an album. Many artists have created complex records before, and it didn't take them 8, 10 or even 12 years to do so. See "Led Zeppelin IV", "Physical Graffiti", "The Wall", the "White Album", "Let it Bleed"

See above. I didn't mention Slash & Co, but as I said there's plenty of artists who have made great albums and toured and had fun with it, and didn't take it so seriously.

free-throw line.”

But still, it shouldn't have taken this long.

Well, I hope so. I think I will like it, when and if it comes out. But again, as Axl referred to Queen, none of their albums took twelve years, and many of their albums, especially "A Night at the Opera" are classics.

Guest Edward Rose

Miser,

Have you turned on the radio in the last 12 years? Rock n' Roll is coming back now stronger than ever. The LONGER he waited, the better. Maybe he knew about this... maybe cuz like, HE'S A ROCK STAR!, and waited most of this time on purpose. (At least up til 2002)

I don't think a new Guns ablbum would have been well recieved in 96 or 98.

There IS a master plan, but only in the sense that he knows the music biz more on an "Intel" level compared to the average music listener or consumer, because he's in the biz and has contacts

Edited by Edward Rose

Miser,

Have you turned on the radio in the last 12 years? Rock n' Roll is coming back now stronger than ever. The LONGER he waited, the better. Maybe he knew about this... maybe cuz like, HE'S A ROCK STAR!, and waited most of this time on purpose. (At least up til 2002)

There IS a master plan, but only in the sense that he knows the music biz more on an "Intel" level compared to the average music listener or consumer, because he's in the biz and has contacts

Hello, rock n roll is dead. The only things on the charts these days is Hip Hop (including Rap) and Reggaeton and that cheesy dance shit.

It is true up to a certain point. But bands as the Stones, AC/DC, U2, Oasis or the RHCP have released albums in the mid or late nineties and these albums did pretty well in the charts.

Edited by pepsicoca

You gotta sell the product somehow. If Axl acted like it was no big deal, it wouldn't sell as well as it would if it was being marketed as this huge mystery album.

No offence to Slash & co, but their music is far from classic or timeless and is already forgotten. That's what happens when you 'simply have fun, make great music and tour'.

Oh come on... Contraband hasn't been forgotten. It's the best rock record of the last 5 years imo. I even think that if Contraband had been a flop, Chinese Democracy would have already been released...

Well, I admit Contraband is a very good album, I was mostly referring to their solo albums.

And read the boards, whenever there's a thread speculating upon the release of album, there's always a bunch of people stating that Axl has this masterplan and that that's why there is so much silence and hasn't been promotion or a release date.

Who cares what a bunch of people have to say? Just because they're loud doesn't mean they know more than you or me. Until we get the full story from Axl, I feel it's pretty pointless to speculate about why the album is delayed.

But still, it shouldn't have taken this long.

When you say "should", you're comapring it to other bands and how long it took for them to get an album out. I don't think you can do that with "Chinese Democracy", this is possibly the most expensive record in music history and I think this whole project is unique in many other ways as well.

Guest Edward Rose
Hello, rock n roll is dead. The only things on the charts these days is Hip Hop (including Rap) and Reggaeton and that cheesy dance shit.

I don't agree. I've had my home and car radio "off" since 1994. But from hearing radios in public, I hear a sound that's more like Rock than in previous years.

On the other hand, we also have to remember that the world doesn't start in Cali and end in North Carolina. Look at those Summer festivals in Europe. Look who is playing and look at the sea of people in front of the stage. Those aren't hip hop groups.

I hope when ChinDem comes out, America doesn't buy it and Europe buys millions. That would be fucking hilarious.

don3ma1.jpg

Edited by Edward Rose

Your havin a fuckin laugh the old guys stuff is already forgotten???????????????????????

Aye your so fuckin spot on there thats why the likes of paradise city sweet child, jungle ycbm and the list goes fuckin on keeps topping greatest riffs and song polls all over the world and axl fuckin hasbeen rose is getting his hired guns to play the CLASSIC stuff every night at the shows and is too fucking scared to release this fucked up album cause of the leaks we heard they dont come fucking close to the old line ups material.

I hope u don´t have whining about that CD isn´t released?

There´s obviously no reason for you to long for it. And it´s also obvious that you are here only for the bitching. Maby you loved this band once, but it seems so clear for me that no matter what, you have decided to not love this band again. So why are u here?

I can stand to see peoples opinoins, but u have that critical combination of two opinions that make NO SENSE. At all.

Pretty sure that CD will suck+Whining and bitching it never comes out

So choose ONE of those or fuck off.

Everybody, including Axl, seems to be making a much bigger deal of this Chinese Democracy project than needs be. As someone else said, it's a Rock N' Roll album, and that's what it needs to be viewed as. It is not the Second Coming nor is it this masterpiece. It's just a Rock album.

says you... not I.

And I think part of the reason for his delay is that he's overthought this and built it up in his own mind. It doesn't need to be perfect, it doesn't need to be a 23 part operatic masterpiece, it just needs to be a good rock album that lives up to the Guns N Roses name. Everybody talks about Axl's ''masterplan.'' Why does there need to be a master plan? It's only Rock N' Roll, not a government coup. No other artists make these grandiose master plans, they simply have fun, make great music and tour. It's as simple as that. Axl takes this process and himself and the band much too seriously and many of the people here do too.

i've said this before, but what law says that it can't be the best, most perfect rock n' roll album ever made? why wouldn't axl be entitled to try making the best record ever? some people call the rubber soul the best, or zeppelin 4 the best... why not chinese democracy? has just as much a chance as any other.

edit: whoa... .haha TOTALLY didn't mean to say "the rubber soul." actually was going to put "the white album" first, but figured more people would argue rubber soul was better... just forgot to take out the "the."

Edited by there is no dana only zool

I hope u don´t have whining about that CD isn´t released?

There´s obviously no reason for you to long for it. And it´s also obvious that you are here only for the bitching. Maby you loved this band once, but it seems so clear for me that no matter what, you have decided to not love this band again. So why are u here?

I can stand to see peoples opinoins, but u have that critical combination of two opinions that make NO SENSE. At all.

Pretty sure that CD will suck+Whining and bitching it never comes out

So choose ONE of those or fuck off.

well hows the cheese off axls dick, why am i here well im curious to see why that fucking hasbeen ruined the greatest fucking rock and roll band on the planet i wont buy cd but i will download it cause i dont think it will be worth the fucking money so fuck you axl ill fucking download it for free cause those leaks are fuckin poor man. This band treat their fans like shit but you all just accept it and are hoping for the greatest rock and roll record to ever have been but your fuckin dilluded.

You know what will happen though vr will release a fucking pure rock and fuck you roll album next year look after us fans and give us some great fucking shows, cause you see thats what real bands do unlike this fucking train wreck that used to be the greatest fuckin band on the planet.

And anyone who prefers this piece of shit to the old line up are just fuckin idiots i mean who prefers a cover band to the real fucking thing eh?

yeah, who needs to have fun, make great records and tour? That shits overated!!

:rolleyes:

Edited by Charles Manson

who? umm yeah its forgotten. I kinda remember liking it enough not to change the station, but thats about all

Edited by Gunzen