The Essential Bruce Springsteen

adnan

Even though I'm not a huge fan of compilations in general, this got me into Bruce. It really lives up to its name. Over three discs of Bruce, you can hear him in all his different styles. Of course there are some glaring errors in the tracklisting (no Backstreets, My Hometown????!!!), but Bruce apologizes for that in the liner notes, saying that it was hard picking the tracks.

It's a great compilation regardless.

Good enough for a compilation, but a three disc set of Born in the USA, Born to Run, and either Darkness or Nebraska serves as three discs of essential Bruce for me, with no fucking around with track listings or anything.

I think the Essential Bruce Springsteen is all the albums except Human Touch and Lucky Town.

Good enough for a compilation, but a three disc set of Born in the USA, Born to Run, and either Darkness or Nebraska serves as three discs of essential Bruce for me, with no fucking around with track listings or anything.

I think the Essential Bruce Springsteen is all the albums except Human Touch and Lucky Town.

It's two songs off of each. I'm saying those three albums as the three discs of the compilation.

It's two songs off of each. I'm saying those three albums as the three discs of the compilation.

No I meant that the truly Essential Bruce Springsteen would have to include the complete following albums:

Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J.

The Wild, the Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle

Born to Run

Darkness

The River

Nebraska

Born in the U.S.A.

Tunnel of Love

Tom Joad

Tracks

The Rising

Devils & Dust

Seeger Sessions

And all the live albums.

That's how essential he is.

Bruce is my god now hahaha.

But i really could not listern to him in compilation form. He really does craft his albums perfectly. Notice how Born to Run has a song of hope at the start of each side (Thunder Road, Born to Run) and a song of loss and dispair at the end of each side (Backstreets, Jungleland)

i demand the both of u be hung in the name of the sex pistols, the greatest band of all time. off the same noose ya fuckin hippies (dont take that wrong, i think the both of u r two of the coolest peoples on here, n u know it) i wanna listen to bruce springsteen now :lol: someone else i never gave a chance. people on this forum got me into the stones, led zeppelin.

Edited by frankwhite

i demand the both of u be hung in the name of the sex pistols, the greatest band of all time. off the same noose ya fuckin hippies (dont take that wrong, i think the both of u r two of the coolest peoples on here, n u know it) i wanna listen to bruce springsteen now :lol: someone else i never gave a chance. people on this forum got me into the stones, led zeppelin.

If you honestly think that the Sex Pistols - whose musical depth goes no farther than power chords and 4-note punk songs - are better than the mind behind Jungleland, Thunder Road.........

Bruce is god

BLASPHEMY!

I DEMAND YOU BE HUNG IN THE NAME OF THE LORD ERIC CLAPTON.

Ok, Clapton is the greatest guitar player ever, but for everything else, Bruce is better.

Bruce was more punk than the Sex Pistols could ever be, in the true sense of the word. buy Born to Run, i rate it as the greatest album of all time hehehehhee.

My opinion on Bruce's albums has vastly changed, I now rank them:

1. Nebraska

2. Born in the U.S.A.

3. Born to Run

4. The Rising

5. The River

6. The Wild, the Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle

7. Devils & Dust

8. Darkness on the Edge of Town

9. Greetings From Asbury Park, N.J.

10. We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions

11. Tunnel of Love

12. The Ghost of Tom Joad

13. Lucky Town

14. Human Touch

If I considered "Tracks" it would be between Greetings and Seeger Sessions.

If you honestly think that the Sex Pistols - whose musical depth goes no farther than power chords and 4-note punk songs - are better than the mind behind Jungleland, Thunder Road.........

in terms of cultural significance, musical energy, OHHH YES!!!