"RANT: Welcome To The Jungle - Axl Rose Commits Career Suicide"

josh223

Another article written by a schlock journalist.

Tell me - what would you have said if he had praised him?

I don't agree with all of this journalist's views, but he has a right to an opinion, and just because he isn't a fanboy doesn't mean he is automatically a "shlock journalist." It just means he doesn't share the same appreciation for this band that you do. That's all.

Then you're even a bigger asshole than this so called journalist, since this piece of shit article contains more untrue facts than the Kennedy murder. Every REAL GNR fan would notice. They even put up that terrrible picture of Axl during the 2002 VMA awards. And we all know he doesn't look like that anymore.

This "so-called journalist" isn't writing a news article. It's a rant. An opinion piece. It's a way for him to vent his frustrations. Of course it's not balanced and objective. :rolleyes: People generally don't read rants to gather objective news, do they? Didn't think so. You wouldn't go to Maddox's website and read about how much Sony sucks and say, "Hey! That's unfair journalism!", would you?

Stinson denied throwing the bass after this was written, and as I said before, we still don't have proof - other than what he said in a really weird, really amateurish press release - that either version of the story is true or false. I don't know whether ot believe EODM or GN'R. One of them is lying, and EODM - at the moment - gain a bit more credibility in my book based on how blunt and honest they were. They are pissed at Axl for disgracing them and so they're not holding back. I don't think they're making this stuff up, but that's my opinion.

And yeah, Axl looks different now than he did at the '02 VMAs. Doesn't matter. It's a rant against Axl. Of course he's going to look for the worst possible picture he can find.

I'm not saying I agree with this article - I'm just saying that people are too quick to react to things like this, especially when they don't take time to understand a lot of people hate Axl these days and once CD actually DOES come out, there's going to be a lot more negative attention. All those prick music elitists are going to crawl out from their caves and go after Axl again. If you think this is bad, just wait.

Edited by Estranged Reality

I don't agree with all of this journalist's views, but he has a right to an opinion, and just because he isn't a fanboy doesn't mean he is automatically a "shlock journalist." It just means he doesn't share the same appreciation for this band that you do. That's all.

Correct.

Yeah but the article is only voicing one side of the story, therefore is inconclusive, also the writer is personally attacking axl rose therefore this article is biased and probably untrue, its amazing how alleged bullshit spreads, huh?

Surely a journalist, albeit a good one, will put his/her opionions aside, and concentrate on the facts.

While I agree in principle, people make their own lot in life. I've always felt that.

So while yes, I can maybe understand the frustration at false stories and rumors being retold as the gospel truth. However, my pity for you pretty much goes out the window when you do nothing to correct it.

Don't like "the real truth" not being told? Step up. Tell us "the real truth". Can't be bothered? Fuck you then.

Edited by D-GenerationX

Correct.

Yeah but the article is only voicing one side of the story, therefore is inconclusive, also the writer is personally attacking axl rose therefore this article is biased and probably untrue, its amazing how alleged bullshit spreads, huh?

Surely a journalist, albeit a good one, will put his/her opionions aside, and concentrate on the facts.

While I agree in principle, people make their own lot in life. I've always felt that.

So while yes, I can maybe understand the frustration at false stories and rumors being retold as the gospel truth. However, my pity for you pretty much goes out the window when you do nothing to correct it.

Don't like "the real truth" not being told? Step up. Tell us "the real truth". Can't be bothered? Fuck you then.

you seem to have totally misread my point, ofcourse this is not "the real truth" being told - i pretty much covered that before, i thought the "fuck you" comment was very harsh - i was simply pointing out the fact that this article is not to be taken seriously, there were a few people in this thread that were angry at the comments, my response was not one of anger but one of common sense - take the journo's comments with a pinch of salt.

Edited by Let And Let Live

the message of the article is valid and strong...but bad facts

but then again he doesn't give a fuck if we know it's wrong...he got his agenda across to the non die hards..whether through malice or not, he succeeded.

Fact is though, the reason articles like this are getting written right now is because axl looks like such an easy target. He seriously needs some new PR people, or at least needs to start listening to the ones he has.

It has nothing to do with his attitude, he's always been an irrational asshole, difference was at GNR's prime, that was part of the rock star charm. You deliver the goods to back up the ego, people like the writer of this article don't have a leg to stand on.

Instead, he does nothing to keep fans informed and excited, so the average casual fans (his bread and butter) have given up on him, and think of him as a joke and a has been who will never get his shit together.

Therefore, there is a MARKET for articles like this. People who are dissillusioned about waiting will get a kick out of reading anything that badmouths him. This is fueled by the fact that axl is doing all this under the name that many casual fans associate with one of their formerly favorite bands.

If axl wants to be perceived as relevant, he needs to release the album, stop cancelling shows, stop touring with a washed out has been like Bach, and this type of press will go away.

It's things like these which are just as bad as people bitching because apparently Slash, did all the guitar sound even with two other guy's up there. It's biased bullshit when they're just trying to piss of Gn'R fans it was the same 20 years ago and it really isn't differnt to this point. Axl said it self him best "Opinions are one thing but if you're going to lie then you're a pussy"

Edited by Axl98

The album? Who fucking cares

Plently.

hay asshole, if you are gonna quote me, quote the whole sentence, by taking only part of the quote you changed the meaning dumbass.

The album? Who fucking cares, it will come when it comes, and if he releases it next year , that doesnt make him irelevant, just tardy. And if people dont buy it, then that is on Axl, and is disrepectful to umm...nobody.

I meant when it comes out in reference to this non album being disrespectful. Damn, are you that desperate to find something wrong? It just kills you, you are on this site trolling all day long to find something negative, and now you are resorting to taking things out of context just to have something to say. Pathetic, even for a hater like you.

Edited by Gunzen

It shows that to the media there are two outcomes they are liking.

1. Axl comes back with masterpiece and spends rest of life living like royalty.

or

2. He ends broke living in trailer in the desert or something his career in tatters etc.

There's no normal outcome the media want.

No, he's a schlock journalist because 100% of that article was bullshit. A rejected alien prototype? And people who were at the show CONFIRMED that Tommy never threw down his bass.

He wrote that article just to be negative.

It's just easier to write an ass kissing piece like Axl Storms LA or a completely negative article like Fans Say Fuck You To Axl than a balanced piece that the editor puts to the bottom of the pile called Half Decent Rock Gets Paid.

I don't mind if the journalist bashed Axl. It doesn't matter. I just hate it when any "journalist" picks facts out of mid air (made up facts)