Hate to be the bringer of bad news, but...

MustSeeTV

Just to make it clear, Im a huge GNR fan and have lurked on these boards for years, although I never really had anything interesting to post. I can't tell you who I am, but if you have watched TV over the years, you have probably seen me around. Anyway, my television experience leads me to spend some time in Hollywood, and being around the business for awhile definitely allows you to network and become acquainted with people. Over the years I have befriended a few entertainment lawyers, some of whom have worked for Geffen/Universal at different points in time. Being the fan that I am, (although I do have to keep things professional, you never know who you might end up working for in this Business, and I have done some work with NBC/Universal in the past... dont want to burn that bridge!) I have sometimes casually brought up GNR/Chinese Democracy to my lawyer friends, and usually I just got the typical "Oh you know we can't talk about that" answer. This last trip out to California was a bit different though. I was out to lunch with one of my friends, and I mentioned all the happenings recently, how its crazy that Axl has promised the album this year, but we still havent heard anything official. My friend laughed his ass of at this, and he proceeded to drop a pretty big bombshell on me. This isnt a direct quote (info like this usually isnt in this business!), but the long and short of this story is that Axl Rose NEVER planned on releasing Chinese Democracy this year, and Universal Music Group off the record believes that he never will. Universal is also furious about the current tour, as it appears to be nothing more than an opportunity for Axl to try to indefinitely fuel recording and production, since Universal no longer gives him money for the album. The reason why UMG is so quiet about all this? They feel that Axl has been given enough rope to hang himself this time. By going on the radio and TV, promising the album to the fans "this year", UMG believes that they have enough to win a lawsuit, and papers are in the process of being prepared alleging Mr. Rose of fraud and requesting millions of dollars in damages, or the finished product that we have come to know as Chinese Democracy. The story doesnt end here though... regardless of whether or not Axl produces a finished copy of Chinese Democracy, Universal is currently exploring their options when it comes to dropping Guns N' Roses from the label. Some of the bigwigs there believe that there is no way for this album to live up to the expectations, and if it is ever released and it bombs, Universal has a plan in place to try to force Axl's hand into accepting a reunion (Much like Warner Bros. Has tried to do with Van Halen in the past), or to release Guns N' Roses altogether (See the Van Halen situation again). Look, I know this all sounds bad, but dont shoot the messenger! Im just tired of the silence, and since Axl and Merck dont want to tell the fans anything, well... at least now you know the truth.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... thats pathetic if Axl did that. I'm sure we'll get some halfhearted Merck denial email or something, saying "No that is not true." With absolutely nothing real or positive to contribute. Then again, he was one of the people that promised us a record in 2006. That "13 Tuesdays" claim was the most vile, and pathetic lie that man has ever made. I liked it better when he was contributing nothing by giving vague answers with no meaning to them.

I can't blame Universal if they're finally fed up with Axl.

LOL..this isn't very credible..

I can see Madison walking into her office this morning, turning on her computer, reading this, vibrating with anger, writing:

If you don't have a source for this, it's nothing more than another rumour. PM a moderator if you have any additional information.

As for now, this thread is locked.

LOCKED.

LOL..this isn't very credible..

I can see Madison walking into her office this morning, turning on her computer, reading this, vibrating with anger, writing:

If you don't have a source for this, it's nothing more than another rumour. PM a moderator if you have any additional information.

As for now, this thread is locked.

LOCKED.

i can see that happening

More fuel to keep this mystery burning....Isn't this getting old and tired? If CD comes out great! go buy it when it does! In the meantime, go see a concert in your area if you need the fix.

Otherwise, we have been to this well many times before and SHOULD know how this will play out.

The label should go out with a press release, but I guess that would hinder them from collecting alot of cash on an eventual law suit.

Fukk, I really don´t know what to think anymore. This is all just so pathetic.... ....I mean at this point we´re getting information from complete strangers and actually ending up swallowing it because we are starving for some truth. I am so sick and tired of all of this bullshit and really I am starting to question if its worth my time anymore. I will never dislike GN´R but there is a limit for how much shit a person can take.

Luckely there are other bands that do treat their fans with respect and release good albums.

Wow... thats pathetic if Axl did that. I'm sure we'll get some halfhearted Merck denial email or something, saying "No that is not true." With absolutely nothing real or positive to contribute. Then again, he was one of the people that promised us a record in 2006. That "13 Tuesdays" claim was the most vile, and pathetic lie that man has ever made. I liked it better when he was contributing nothing by giving vague answers with no meaning to them.

Ummm...are you sure?

To other statements immediately popped up in my head;

George Bush: "There's no doubt Iraq is moving in the right direction."

Iraqi information minister, Chemical (Comical) Ali: "We have total control. Very soon the US forces will be forced to withdraw from Bagdad's suburbs." (When in fact, the US troops very pretty much knocking on that TV-studio's door.)

I could believe this. It would not surprise me. I would however feel really bad for the musicians working with Axl and if they knew he never intended on releasing the album, or if it's true and they start find out, you'll see Axl lose his current band pretty fast.

Thanks for posting.

Even if Axl accepted a reunion, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Matt are not interested.

um no bitch axl would do the reunion with slash duff and matt. Izzy came back to do shows fucker he did except axls offer. Axl wants nothing to do with slash or duff.

Oh yea and is there really anyone who still thinks cd will be out this year? haahhaha

Edited by Colt 1911

Ummm...are you sure?

Iraqi information minister, Chemical (Comical) Ali: "We have total control. Very soon the US forces will be forced to withdraw from Bagdad's suburbs." (When in fact, the US troops very pretty much knocking on that TV-studio's door.)

I think when he said "that man" he mean that man merck, no that man as a collective.

Ummm...are you sure?

I think when he said "that man" he mean that man merck, no that man as a collective.

Yeah...I was just being funny..

enough is enough. we need a statement from gnr NOW :anger: :anger: :anger::anger::anger:

I'm sick of the rumours, I need facts

We're never getting a worthwhile statement. The most interesting statement/article we have received in the past 6 years was the Del James article which was up on the official site for all of 4 hours, if that.

If GnR(Axl), or Merck want to put an end to stuff like this, if they claim it is untrue, they can easily do so- stop lying, and give us the real release date. We were told "end of the year" "this year" "Fall" "Late fall" "13 tuesdays left..."

If that is still in effect, which is close to impossible, let us know... at least then we know we'll be seeing the album within the next 4 weeks. If things have changed since those "statements"(Aka lies) have been made, then please... elaborate why, and say why we were told we were getting this thing in the first place.

Believe what you want, but at this point I wouldn't be shocked if Universal kicked Axl to the curb. This is a man who has contributed nothing to music in over a decade. Is he some undroppable legend? No. He is another washed up 80's star like his buddy Sebastian Bach who is trying to re-live the past through a cover band. I love the new band, but Axl is not giving these guys an opportunity to even be considered a real band.