Hate to be the bringer of bad news, but...

MustSeeTV

its a 50/50 ..could be true, but may not be

not sure but the story is articulated in a way that seems believable, the reason the person only has one post is to get the point across and to expose the information.

it seems odd though because Axl does have enough quality songs for an album, and the demos prove that an album has at least been attempted.

I can see how Universal would lose patience and lash out at Axl, its just a joke how long its taking, the money spent and nothing to show

Edited by motownjunkie

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i believe the album has been "completed" many years ago, chinese democracy world tour? - to call a tour after an album must mean the album is/almost is completed, i think axl's been tinkering with it for years.

We dont have long to wait till the end of the year/mercks "statement" so untill then anything is possible.

its hard to imagine an early '07 release because it is a bad time for album sales, i fear if it is indeed an '07 release it will be mid '07.

waits expectantly for mercks statement....

i suppose if you had a client working for you and you were paying out millions to them and they came back with nothing after a decade, the knives would be out

it seems very believable to me when you think about the overall concept of how record companies work and how much they spent on Axl .....i think this is mostly true

Edited by motownjunkie

This isn't true.

If he has been reading the boards for a long time he must have been here when the leaks first time leaked. For a period of time [at the time leaks came] MyGN'R was under "only registered users" - he should have needed to make an account back then but he registered just today because he's another member here/on some other GN'R site and wants to start rumours because he needs attention.

Edited by Wando

This isn't true.

If he has been reading the boards for a long time he must have been here when the leaks first time leaked. For a period of time [at the time leaks came] MyGN'R was under "only registered users" - he should have needed to make an account back then but he registered just today because he's another member here/on some other GN'R site.

weird assumption your making there.

i believe it because its rather detailed, and i doubt that anyone who is dumb enough to make a shallow hoax about this would be intelligent enough to be so thorough and logical in explaining the situation

Posters do this all the time. Here are the rules to posting a fake "believable" rumor.

1. They start off with a disclaimer saying they are a big long time fan but with hardly any posts. This might lend some credibility since they aren't loser geeks like us who post just useless info.

2. They tell the lie. Usually put in references to information we have already heard...but pretend like it's the first time they have heard it..so that we think - he must be telling the truth...it is supported by this or that.

3. They finish off by saying...you don't have to believe me...but I have no reason to lie. BULLSHIT.

You have every reason to lie...you are a shit disturber.

Yepp, this seems spot on. :rofl-lol:

When's Madison gonna come kick some ass in here?

even if this is a fake, im certain what was stated is probably not far from the truth, universal would simply be furious with Axl after spending a fortune on new GNR and Axl nothing to show for it ....12 million dollars ...over ten years and no album

Edited by motownjunkie

This sounds incredibly true to me. What separates this from other BS posts is the level of detail and the fact that it seems to be backed up by Axl's actions.

I think this tour was a money grab. I think Axl was contractually obligated to deliver a tour with Clear Channel (because of the 2002 scenario) or else he would face financial compensation for the cancelled tour. So they put some new songs on the Internet to spark some hype, started touring in support of these.

I could be wrong. That's just how I feel. I find it suspicious that Axl almost shamefully avoids speaking about the album...

After that fake "news post" in the official page, i dont belive anything untill i have CD in my hands...

Yeah, I fell for that one too...that was that bastard There Was A Time.

Yeah, what an asshole that was... I think his name was There Was A Fine though (not positive but pretty sure)

Guest RonMexico82

I have a cousin in the music business who up until recently held a major position at a major label (not universal). I asked him last year before all the leaks what he thought about Chinese Democracy. His response was that information about the album in the industry was virtually zero but that in his opinion he wouldn't be surprised if it never came out or if Axl done a complete u turn and released an acoustic album or something. I then asked him had he ever met Axl, he said no and that he wouldn't want to because people who have met him told him that he is a very dangerous individual. I pressed him on this and he said that Axl was a fucking nightmare control freak in the studio who had scared the living shit out of some people he knew. Thats all he would say.

Thought you might find that interesting.

I think this tour was a money grab. I think Axl was contractually obligated to deliver a tour with Clear Channel (because of the 2002 scenario) or else he would face financial compensation for the cancelled tour. So they put some new songs on the Internet to spark some hype, started touring in support of these.

Hmm. That's a very interesting take.

Doesn't Universal own the theatre GN'R are playing at in December? Why would Axl play three dates in that theare if he was fighting with the label?

Let's just wait and see what happens, don't believe anything unless it come from management :)

Just to make it clear, Im a huge GNR fan and have lurked on these boards for years, although I never really had anything interesting to post. I can't tell you who I am, but if you have watched TV over the years, you have probably seen me around. Anyway, my television experience leads me to spend some time in Hollywood, and being around the business for awhile definitely allows you to network and become acquainted with people. Over the years I have befriended a few entertainment lawyers, some of whom have worked for Geffen/Universal at different points in time. Being the fan that I am, (although I do have to keep things professional, you never know who you might end up working for in this Business, and I have done some work with NBC/Universal in the past... dont want to burn that bridge!) I have sometimes casually brought up GNR/Chinese Democracy to my lawyer friends, and usually I just got the typical "Oh you know we can't talk about that" answer. This last trip out to California was a bit different though. I was out to lunch with one of my friends, and I mentioned all the happenings recently, how its crazy that Axl has promised the album this year, but we still havent heard anything official. My friend laughed his ass of at this, and he proceeded to drop a pretty big bombshell on me. This isnt a direct quote (info like this usually isnt in this business!), but the long and short of this story is that Axl Rose NEVER planned on releasing Chinese Democracy this year, and Universal Music Group off the record believes that he never will. Universal is also furious about the current tour, as it appears to be nothing more than an opportunity for Axl to try to indefinitely fuel recording and production, since Universal no longer gives him money for the album. The reason why UMG is so quiet about all this? They feel that Axl has been given enough rope to hang himself this time. By going on the radio and TV, promising the album to the fans "this year", UMG believes that they have enough to win a lawsuit, and papers are in the process of being prepared alleging Mr. Rose of fraud and requesting millions of dollars in damages, or the finished product that we have come to know as Chinese Democracy. The story doesnt end here though... regardless of whether or not Axl produces a finished copy of Chinese Democracy, Universal is currently exploring their options when it comes to dropping Guns N' Roses from the label. Some of the bigwigs there believe that there is no way for this album to live up to the expectations, and if it is ever released and it bombs, Universal has a plan in place to try to force Axl's hand into accepting a reunion (Much like Warner Bros. Has tried to do with Van Halen in the past), or to release Guns N' Roses altogether (See the Van Halen situation again). Look, I know this all sounds bad, but dont shoot the messenger! Im just tired of the silence, and since Axl and Merck dont want to tell the fans anything, well... at least now you know the truth.

This "story" has no source, and we don't allow members to post "news" without a valid identifiable source.

If you are able to identify the person who made these comments, the thread will be re-opened. Until then, it's just another bogus rumor started by another one-post wonder newbie (or alter-ego screenname).

*locked*