I've been learning the keyboards for a few years now, and it seems really dumb, but my playings way above avaerage, but im not musical, and i wasn't born with a sense of rhythm. Ive tried different ways with my teacher, and ive definately improved, but there might be some techniques that i havent tried yet that i could find useful, even just for variety's sake so if you have any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks

xxx

I have no natural gift for music at all mate, but I just found that by *always* playing with a metronome I've managed to develop a pretty good sense of rhythm.

Now I just need to work on my musical ear. Can't even tell when I'm out of tune :)

Yea, I find that works too. I've been playing guitar since April and recently I've really started working on my rythym and have been useing a metronome quite a bit. I also have no rythym but this is helping alot.

I've been learning the keyboards for a few years now, and it seems really dumb, but my playings way above avaerage, but im not musical, and i wasn't born with a sense of rhythm. Ive tried different ways with my teacher, and ive definately improved, but there might be some techniques that i havent tried yet that i could find useful, even just for variety's sake so if you have any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks

xxx

I play piano and keyboards since I was 10 years. I 've got a musical ear, but that hasn't always been good for me...

In the beginning most of the times I 've been playing songs by ear, without looking at the notes and therefore I had a weakness for example in playing a song in prima vista.

In order to solve that my teacher always left me to study everything alone by myself first so that I wouldn't have heard the song.

I noticed that in this way I was forced to pay attention to the notes and the rythm and by time my sound became clearer and I solved my problems.

My suggestion to you is to study each song without the keyboars first, which means reading the score very carefully. And then when you start playing it you should use a metronome.

Furthermore you should play it in a really really slow tempo. It's very irritating and needs patience but only in this way you'll be able to play it fast with a clear sound in the end.

Edited by rQueen