Axl can't emotionally handle burying the old GNR, isn't that the issue?

Kaneda

I think we can stop speculating if 2006 is the year and start discussing why Chinese D will never be released. While the Axl lites continue to count the Tuesdays left in 2006, can the rest of us at least find some closure to this pain by speaking, not with frustration anymore, but with empathy for Axl?

Axl wanted to make a solo album, but the moment he decided to think that he alone was Guns N Roses was when it all went wrong. I think deep down inside he knows that this ersatz Guns N Roses is not really GNR, and while you can slap a name on merchandise and sing the same songs, the sum of GNR is not greater than its parts. And deep down inside, Axl probably still loves the original band...for how could he not, they delivered him from poverty to god-like status. It wasn't all him, we've heard Axl's material prior to GNR, it was shit.

So releasing Chinese D, calling it the new album from Guns N Roses, is sort of like the final nail in the coffin for the old band...and it's a move Axl himself can not do...nor does he intend to do it...you can tell by his body language when Kurt Loder asked him about the release date this year, Axl shrugged back, he cowered at the question...not the body language you would expect from someone excited to put the past behind him and drop the ultimate GNR record.

Also, Axl's new role as ultimate leader of GNR is too much for him to handle...there's nothing for him to gain, only everything for him to lose. So he helps the careers of the hired new gunners, but what do they do for him? Nothing except lower his status for people blame Axl for losing Slash, for calling this new band GNR, for taking so long to produce so little.

Everytime Axl must say to himself Chinese D is done, he probably catches in the corner of his eye the album cover for Appetite for Destruction and that image cripples his confidence. Sure Chinese D may have 13 wonderful songs on it, but will it do what Appetite did? Will it capture the energy and grab people by the throat and say, "you know where the fuck you are?" Most likely no...

A 44 year old man is chasing shadows, spoiled by unimaginable success at an early age, Axl Rose is trying to recreate Guns N Roses...the transformation of the band is only complete when the new album drops; this new band has been together longer than the original GNR and can't even release a single: doesn't that speak volumes to all of you! It does to me. I feel bad for Axl, but please William Bailey, just call up your old friends, release Chinese D as a solo album, the reunite as GNR...that wouldn't be so hard...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before all the Kaneda bashing begins once more..

With everything to lose, nothing to gain, why would Axl release CD?

everytime Axl must say to himself Chinese D is done, he probably catches in the corner of his eye the album cover for Appetite for Destruction and that image cripples his confidence.

Chinese Democrasy...final nail in the coffin for the old band.

I think those are some very interesting comments and possibly a painful hint of truth behind them.

xDSGx

well if it wasnt 4 the old band would we be here today

I don't think that's the point of Kaneda's post.

I typically ignore Kaneda because I find him to be a rather arrogant and self-inflated person, but he has a lot of good points here that I agree with.

I think the reason Axl hasn't released CD - honestly - is because he knows it is his only chance once and for all to "prove" to everyone that he has what it takes. That he can reinvent this band, that he was the driving force behind GN'R, that he can make a successful record on his own. And I think the success of VR's album is in his mind, too. If he doesn't beat their sales records, will he have "failed" in his own eyes?

Most people don't value the "importance" of this album as much as I believe Axl probably does. I think based on how dramatic he always is when it comes to the mystique of the album ("Round one!", the Christ pose he cops at every show, the general dramatic weight of some of the new songs, the enduring silence regarding the album), he really thinks this album's release is some epic revelation that the world is spinning on.

To be blunt, Axl, the world will continue spinning with or without a democracy in China. All you're going to do by delaying the release of the album is alienate what few true fans you have left and seal your own grave.

This was his year to do it. He had media attention and people were willing to give him another chance outside of the fanbase. He attracted Rolling Stone Magazine, for goodness sake! They were promoting the album for him!

You do realize that most artists would pay RS to feature such glowing headlines as they did for Chinese Democracy over the past few times this year?

People have a real curiosity to hear this music regardless of whether they take objection to it being a "GN'R" album versus an Axl Rose solo project. And by not releasing this album Axl is just putting the bullet in the gun and waiting for someone to pull the trigger on him.

Kaneda for the first time, and out of all your posts this one really speaks to me.

Maybe the only way out of this hole IS a reunion- something I was totally against 2 months ago when I still thought this band had a fighting chance. I was up to supporting the new band 100%, I think mostly everyone was when it looked like things were getting done. I think that if Axl swallowed his pride, contacted Slash or Duff that a reunion is possible. However the main problem is that both parties want to go in different directions musically and is that even possible to work out?

If Guns N' Roses do not release CD this year, or do not give a definite date for next year.Or do not give us anymore info at info

We, the wannabee listeners and Axl need to give up.

Stop hangin on empty promises, I know its hard- almost like an addiction :(

If they cant spare us a simple piece of info on album, then they truly dont deserve fans.

I wish them all the best

Bork_axl

well if it wasnt 4 the old band would we be here today

Thank fuck!!!! Someone other than me has this thought in there head!!! It's about time that someone else feels that if it wasn't 4 SLASH,DUFF & IZZY then none of us would be here. Thats why i get so fucking Wound-Up when people bash The Ol' Gunners. They all know who they are,Sad thing is thou, is there proud of doing this! :fuckyou:

I really don't think Guns N Roses needed to go off in some crazy musical direction...it's obvious that Axl felt that direction was a sound like "Oh My God"...which failed miserably. The musical direction point is a mute one because this new band has never released a single...and from the material that I've heard, all of the old band memebers were more than capable of creating this material (minus bucket's solos).

It's sad, it's just really really sad that in December 2006, instead of all of us having and discussing the album by now, instead of preparing at which location we are going to grab it at a midnight launch, instead of having those fun nervous jitters before a big release, we are reduced to the same feelings of pain and suffering that has plagued our following of this new band since 1998...I almost feel sadder for us than I do for Axl. We all lose...only the fake gunners up on stage gain anything.

Blah blah blah, same old shit..

Nothing ever fucking changes on this board! Kaneda will promote his negativity and subject the rest of us to it and we spend yet another day wondering "what if he's right?"..

Well maybe he is... But surely nobody can predict this? If this year is Axl's end, then so be it.. But can't we see out the end of the year before we class it as over?

KK x

Blah blah blah, same old shit..

Nothing ever fucking changes on this board! Kaneda will promote his negativity and subject the rest of us to it and we spend yet another day wondering "what if he's right?"..

Well maybe he is... But surely nobody can predict this? If this year is Axl's end, then so be it.. But can't we see out the end of the year before we class it as over?

KK x

For being the same old shit, there are a lot of people agreeing with him.

I don't think we need to wait four weeks to be told that it's not going well.

Everytime Axl must say to himself Chinese D is done, he probably catches in the corner of his eye the album cover for Appetite for Destruction and that image cripples his confidence.

aint life a bitch

A 44 year old man is chasing shadows,

he aint catching them either

The only way Kanades post (posts) would make any sense or have any truth to them . . . is if he personally knew Axl, or if he was friends with people that knew him.

You cannot sit back and make life judgements on people that you've never met, based on seeing a tv interview or two.

It's ridiculous.

You - Kanade - nor non of us other posters - have ANY IDEA why Axl has not released Chinese Democracy. It's all just a big guess or speculation.

And just because kanada has posted the same friggin post 489 times - now you people are starting to believe it or act like it's the truth. Pathetic.

Edited by Apollo

OHHH, here we go once again. Enough already.

Kaneda, you talk like you know Axl or know what he's thinking about... You don't know shit, just like I don't know shit. The fact is, everytime you post something it's about you. You love to be the center of attention, I mean most people who join the board know who you are within the first three days. This post seems to have struck a few nerves... well boo-hoo, unless you're Axl's closest confidant just shut the fuck up for once.

Assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups.

Edited by mustaine

The only way Kanades post (posts) would make any sense or have any truth to them . . . is if he personally knew Axl, or if he was friends with people that knew him.

You cannot sit back and make life judgements on people that you've never met, based on seeing a tv interview or two.

It's ridiculous.

You - Kanade - nor non of us other posters - have ANY IDEA why Axl has not released Chinese Democracy. It's all just a big guess or speculation.

And just because kanada has posted the same friggin post 489 times - now you people are starting to believe it or act like it's the truth. Pathetic.

Agreed... Kaneda, SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Jesus, get a life Gonzo.

The record keeps on skipping...

It's ridiculous.

Agreed... Kaneda, SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Jesus, get a life Gonzo.

The record keeps on skipping...

i dont think kanedas made this thread before'

whats the matter? doesn't it sit well with you?

there is none so blind as those who wont see

:sleeper: I'm not an "Axlite" by any means, and frankly, I find 2006 to be out of the equation now unfortunately, but these posts are speculation and subjective at best. Nothing more, nothing less. Anyone can say this and claim it's the truth, but no one knows anything.

The fact that you title your thread with "Axl" and "emotionally" in the same sentence leads me to believe that you're trying to find something that's in someone else's head. Nice try, but bullshit. We all know 2006 may not be the year as we thought before, but that's it. No speculation, no tedious threads about garbage restated in the weekly threads. Nothing else should be added.

Kaneda, just make one post per week saying that 2006 is not the year without speculation, and then it may have more truth than these relative rants about shit that anyone can talk about, and never guess properly.

You're just guessing.

I feel bad for Axl, but please William Bailey, just call up your old friends, release Chinese D as a solo album, the reunite as GNR...that wouldn't be so hard...

I agree...in fact, my thinking is that there are only ~7-8 'finished' songs as created by Axl over the last 10 years or so with the rest as ideas perhaps "scribbled on paper" in various stages of development sitting around at his house that were to be part of CD and his new musical direction, if it was to ever came to fruition (at this point it does look very very grim). Sort of an experimental thing that's gotten as far as playing a couple songs live and having an album title but in the end just isn't what he had hoped it would be...why, during 2 tours that span 4 years apart, are the same 3-4 'new' songs played live and nothing else?

I really hope this is the beginning of the end for this 'GNR' era and a signal that the real GNR are closer to reuniting than we think. I mean as fans, isn't that what 99% of us want anyway? How about a couple of the new Axl songs included on a brand new album done by the original gunners (less Steven)? Essentially all other members have indicated that they'd be down for a reunion, so why can't bygones be bygones? Anger fades, its been almost 15 years since they broke up, time for Axl to realize what it was that made those guys so special. Its like he's being stubborn to the bitter end, but he's fighting a losing battle. I think they'd all be surprised at how fast they'd have that chemistry all over again...

Edited by GeorgeGlass

It's ridiculous.

I agree. All we can do is speculate and that isn't fair to Axl or the band. We got now clue what is running through Axl's head and we never will. We have to just sit back and wait for the damn album, which may never come. We have absolutley no control of the sitiuation and can't even grasp at what the hell is going on. Speculationg like this all the time just gives us the illusion that we have a fucking clue, but we don't.

i dont think kanedas made this thread before'

whats the matter? doesn't it sit well with you?

there is none so blind as those who wont see

Your last comment fits YOU and Kanada perfectly