Axl can't emotionally handle burying the old GNR, isn't that the issue?

Kaneda

i dont think kanedas made this thread before'

whats the matter? doesn't it sit well with you?

there is none so blind as those who wont see

Your last comment fits YOU and Kanada perfectly

nothing wrong with MY eyesight,

enjoy your wait'

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some interesting thoughts Kaneda, unfortunately we really have no idea.

It IS strange that Axl never talks about the album, especially when it's supossed to be so close to release. He discussed it more 4 years ago. The only time we hear about it now is thru Baz or Merck, and Axl's only discussed it when asked in an interview. He's worked so long on it, you would think he would show a little more interest....

I really hope this is the beginning of the end for this 'GNR' era and a signal that the real GNR are closer to reuniting than we think.

I never, ever thought I'd say this, but I agree with that sentiment. It's become obvious that this band's potential (which is considerable - I've been a huge supporter of the new guys since they debuted in 01/02) is being squandered and will never flourish like it should be allowed to. Which is criminal, since I'm sure there's a wealth of fascinating songs waiting to spring to life by these guys. And Axl's indeed an incredibly talented guy - No one does vocal melody quite like him.

Instead, these super-talented and creative musicians get to play Live and Let Die. They get to play Out Ta Get Me. They get to trade solos on November Rain, featuring the most iconically Slash moments this side of Sweet Child.

I've reached the point where I'm starting to feel that if that's what Axl wants to do, then the old band should be up there. The new guys deserve to have their work in the spotlight, not hidden away from the world - But I'm starting to believe that that just won't happen.

The only way Kanades post (posts) would make any sense or have any truth to them . . . is if he personally knew Axl, or if he was friends with people that knew him.

You cannot sit back and make life judgements on people that you've never met, based on seeing a tv interview or two.

It's ridiculous.

You - Kanade - nor non of us other posters - have ANY IDEA why Axl has not released Chinese Democracy. It's all just a big guess or speculation.

And just because kanada has posted the same friggin post 489 times - now you people are starting to believe it or act like it's the truth. Pathetic.

Agreed... Kaneda, SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Jesus, get a life Gonzo.

The record keeps on skipping...

Yet you guys are all the way to page 2 of this discussion. In America we have the freedom of speech and press. You have the freedom not to read what he posts- exercise it !! Or write something worth reading.

I think I'm up for a Gn'R reunion in the line up of:

Axl, Slash, Izzy, Gilby, Duff, Matt and Dizzy rock3

Now what could possibly kick more ass than that lineup? rock1

Agreed 100%... rock3 I keep having these recurring thoughts on those opening riffs to WTTJ they play on tour now, only when the stage lights come on, its Slash...gives me chills just thinking about it.

And yes Vadin, way back when, these guys were functioning alcoholics/drug addicts in some respect or another so if there were differences how could anyone expect them to sort it all out as logical, grown men? As I stated in my earlier post, all other members have warmed to the idea of a reunion, Axl just needs to swallow his pride and admit he was wrong. Not wrong for wanting to try something different, but wrong for not making an attempt to reconcile. But then again, maybe their 10+ years apart has been a blessing in disguise, helping each member realize what they had was incredible, and can never be duplicated elsewhere.

I also think the rants of Axl in '01-'02 (Slash is up my ass, etc), were the last strongholds of him trying to believe he can make it on his own. Getting defensive like that is a sign of insecurity - he knew all along he couldn't make it without Slash (though he didn't want to believe that), but now I hope and believe the sobering reality is sinking in with him.

Perhaps I'm over-simplifying, but I'd like to see 3-4 of Axl's songs, 3-4 of Slash material and 3-4 of Izzy's material ALL worked on by a trio of true musicians to create a fantastic new album. Who says it has to be all industrial, or all bluesy rock and roll? Why can't it be as diverse as UYI was???? I think in their current sober states of mind, this would not be an issue.

Edited by GeorgeGlass

I think we can stop speculating if 2006 is the year and start discussing why Chinese D will never be released. While the Axl lites continue to count the Tuesdays left in 2006, can the rest of us at least find some closure to this pain by speaking, not with frustration anymore, but with empathy for Axl?

Axl wanted to make a solo album, but the moment he decided to think that he alone was Guns N Roses was when it all went wrong. I think deep down inside he knows that this ersatz Guns N Roses is not really GNR, and while you can slap a name on merchandise and sing the same songs, the sum of GNR is not greater than its parts. And deep down inside, Axl probably still loves the original band...for how could he not, they delivered him from poverty to god-like status. It wasn't all him, we've heard Axl's material prior to GNR, it was shit.

So releasing Chinese D, calling it the new album from Guns N Roses, is sort of like the final nail in the coffin for the old band...and it's a move Axl himself can not do...nor does he intend to do it...you can tell by his body language when Kurt Loder asked him about the release date this year, Axl shrugged back, he cowered at the question...not the body language you would expect from someone excited to put the past behind him and drop the ultimate GNR record.

Also, Axl's new role as ultimate leader of GNR is too much for him to handle...there's nothing for him to gain, only everything for him to lose. So he helps the careers of the hired new gunners, but what do they do for him? Nothing except lower his status for people blame Axl for losing Slash, for calling this new band GNR, for taking so long to produce so little.

Everytime Axl must say to himself Chinese D is done, he probably catches in the corner of his eye the album cover for Appetite for Destruction and that image cripples his confidence. Sure Chinese D may have 13 wonderful songs on it, but will it do what Appetite did? Will it capture the energy and grab people by the throat and say, "you know where the fuck you are?" Most likely no...

A 44 year old man is chasing shadows, spoiled by unimaginable success at an early age, Axl Rose is trying to recreate Guns N Roses...the transformation of the band is only complete when the new album drops; this new band has been together longer than the original GNR and can't even release a single: doesn't that speak volumes to all of you! It does to me. I feel bad for Axl, but please William Bailey, just call up your old friends, release Chinese D as a solo album, the reunite as GNR...that wouldn't be so hard...

The sad thing is that judging by what we've heard so far I think that CD could be an amazing album. But the longer he waits to release it...

will any one die if it dosent come out soon , will any one cry them selfs to sleep all the way through 2007 if it dont come out?

I fucking love this band and would be very dissapointed if it never gets released.

but i can wait forever. cuz ive got some awsome leaks, and every singel GNR song availible.

axl may yet return to the throne of rock n roll, when its released,

i dont think he is such a dumb ass, to get himself into all this mess..

The only way Kanades post (posts) would make any sense or have any truth to them . . . is if he personally knew Axl, or if he was friends with people that knew him.

You cannot sit back and make life judgements on people that you've never met, based on seeing a tv interview or two.

It's ridiculous.

You - Kanade - nor non of us other posters - have ANY IDEA why Axl has not released Chinese Democracy. It's all just a big guess or speculation.

And just because kanada has posted the same friggin post 489 times - now you people are starting to believe it or act like it's the truth. Pathetic.

No,it's Just for once in Kanedas Posting he's finally got something fucking Spot-on right! Im 98% of the time against shit he's posted but Today i'd sideing with him because he's speaking of what mostly all of us feel and his comments are most of relitive Truth.

These boards are created for freedom of speech & of Personal Opinions! Anyone who disagrees can get fucked in my view!

I'm starting to think Axl is deathly afraid to release this cd. He's taken sooooo long to make an album, there's no way the critics won't bash it, simply because of how long it took.

I can see a reunion tour happening within the next 5 years.

Can anyone imagine how unlimited the material writing abilities would be if Gn'R reunited as Axl, Slash, Izzy, Gilby, Duff, Matt and Dizzy?

You'd have Axl and Slash making more monsters such as Locomotive & Coma, Axl & Izzy pumping out more pacy tunes like You Could Be Mine, Izzy and Gilby could together work on their country/redneck stuff, Duff and Slash could pump out a few more Get In The Ring style rockers, Matt could just play the fuck out of the drumset and bring maybe another one of those complex drumming styles like in his summer '92 performances of DTJ or YCBM. Dizzy could be (and always was) Axl's right hand man at producing those great ballads like Estranged and Breakdown.

Kaneda's original post really captures what I HOPE is going on, frankly - it's SOOOO weird that they are playing shows with 5 "new" tunes and not mentioning an album - not ONCE.

90% of the people attending these shows probably have no clue that there even IS SUPPOSED TO BE an album - so not saying something like "this is from the upcoming album" or "hope you enjoyed the show - check out the new album when it's released!" just doesn't make sense. It's a HUGE missed marketing opportunity if indeed an album is imminent.

a couple random thoughts on the idea of a reunion:

- Every time I listen to the new stuff I feel like there is something missing... I like The Blues a lot, but it feels bland compared to NR or Estranged. I think what's missing (to my ear) is great riffs and solid backing (Slash and Izzy).

- After seeing them live 2 weeks ago - I cannot escape the feeling that this is Axl and a bunch of hired hands. The band doesn't seem to "own" the music, they just PLAY it. Even the new stuff.

- Axl might be in a VERY tough spot. He's committed something to Robin, Ron, Richard, Tommy et al and for him to NOT release an album with them on it may seem to him to be an assault on these guys that have become close friends.

The main problem for a reunion is not even Axl. It's the fact that Slash, Duff and Matt are playing in a successful band called VR... Would they leave the band they created to go back to Axl ? I hope so, but it seems unlikely for the moment. Maybe in a couple of years (2008, 2009).

Imo, VR's success is a major factor in CD not being released. Axl wants to prove that he was the main ingredient of GNR. With VR out there, it's going to be more difficult to convince everybody... Axl even did a statement some months ago that could have broken VR...

You did a great post, Kaneda.

Edited by pepsicoca

Can anyone imagine how unlimited the material writing abilities would be if Gn'R reunited as Axl, Slash, Izzy, Gilby, Duff, Matt and Dizzy?

Axl, Slash Izzy, Fortus, Duff, Frank and Dizzy would be even better though

in any case, I think the idea of three guitarist is a good thing.. It sounds so much better.

Here are my list of peeves about how we all talk to each other.

1. First, I never claimed to know Axl personally, but we are all human being and we can all understand why human beings behave a certain way. I hate it when people are like, "If you don't know Axl then shut up!" I don't know Osama personally, but I can still come to the conclusion that he's a dickhead.

2. What's really stupid is how so many memebers on this board try to make sense out of senseless actions because those actions came from Axl. It's like Axl could release the album buried inside a box of elephant shit and people on this board would be like, "Releasing an album inside elephant shit is genious, nobody's done it before, anything can happen with GNR!"

3. The "Anything can Happen with GNR" phrase...with Jesus anything can happen, with Axl, the only thing that happens is NOTHING. I mean seriously, everytime we think something big is going to happen, some deuche bag says, "This is GNR, anything can happen!" Things such as performing at the Superbowl, VMAs, AMAs, little Joeys birthday party, climing Mt. Everest, curing cancer, driving a Mr. Softee truck through a brick wall...this is GNR guys, anything can happen!

4. Retort with reasoning, not with a "Fuck off and die" comment. I make suppositions and claims backed up by actual occurences, I get back a whole bunch of "FUCK OFFs" without any reason why I am wrong.

But you know what I love about this board? That we can say whatever the fuck we want and we aren't a bunch of pussies like Jarmo over HereTodayGoneToHell.com. We don't censor our absolute hatred for each other, we fucking embrace it. And the biggest shocker of all, MATT13 is actually my alter ego, my other account! HA HA HA HA HA. Try and get around that MATT? O wait, that's me, I will reply with a fuck you Kaneda shortly. CHeers...