Axl can't emotionally handle burying the old GNR, isn't that the issue?

Kaneda

Here are my list of peeves about how we all talk to each other.

1. First, I never claimed to know Axl personally, but we are all human being and we can all understand why human beings behave a certain way. I hate it when people are like, "If you don't know Axl then shut up!" I don't know Osama personally, but I can still come to the conclusion that he's a dickhead.

2. What's really stupid is how so many memebers on this board try to make sense out of senseless actions because those actions came from Axl. It's like Axl could release the album buried inside a box of elephant shit and people on this board would be like, "Releasing an album inside elephant shit is genious, nobody's done it before, anything can happen with GNR!"

3. The "Anything can Happen with GNR" phrase...with Jesus anything can happen, with Axl, the only thing that happens is NOTHING. I mean seriously, everytime we think something big is going to happen, some deuche bag says, "This is GNR, anything can happen!" Things such as performing at the Superbowl, VMAs, AMAs, little Joeys birthday party, climing Mt. Everest, curing cancer, driving a Mr. Softee truck through a brick wall...this is GNR guys, anything can happen!

4. Retort with reasoning, not with a "Fuck off and die" comment. I make suppositions and claims backed up by actual occurences, I get back a whole bunch of "FUCK OFFs" without any reason why I am wrong.

But you know what I love about this board? That we can say whatever the fuck we want and we aren't a bunch of pussies like Jarmo over HereTodayGoneToHell.com. We don't censor our absolute hatred for each other, we fucking embrace it. And the biggest shocker of all, MATT13 is actually my alter ego, my other account! HA HA HA HA HA. Try and get around that MATT? O wait, that's me, I will reply with a fuck you Kaneda shortly. CHeers...

Sweetheart, did you forget to take your pills today?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But you know what I love about this board? That we can say whatever the fuck we want and we aren't a bunch of pussies like Jarmo over HereTodayGoneToHell.com.

I agree 100%, I got banned for strongly disliking the new band and voicing my opinion on a reunion tour being the best thing for Axl and his fans.

Also, you must understand that there are alot of young stupid kids on this board who only know how to respond with something that adds no value. Its not just on this board, its all over the place so chat forums can be quite annoying but its something that is not going to go away.

My personal favorite are the tools who say "fuck the old gnr they suck these new guys are the best ever". Do they not know why this board even exists?

i agree with the original post here, i think there's a lot of truth here

i think Axl is going to come to terms with it soon enough too. he's faced with two options - the guaranteed huge success of the reformation of the old band (or most of it at least), or the release of a new album which could realistically go either way. it's naive to assume that the new album is going to be a huge success just because it's a band we all love. it is going to be faced with a lot of criticism just because of the length of time and the use of the name and only Axl there etc. wouldn't it be great if Axl (and other original members) could just drop their pride and say "we did some things wrong and we made some mistakes, and we're sorry to each other".

While not entirely necessary, it looks like Kaneda has done his research. I agree too. I just can't believe people on this board have to throw shit left and right at him. It's just an observation.

Now, I can see people getting pissed at shit like the resurfacing of that one thread yesterday about Merck confirming the dates. That kind of pissed me off.

As for Axl, the whole ordeal is like a relationship... an old relationship. CD is his new girl and he needs it to be the best looking, most kick ass girl to make his old fling(VR) jealous.

Yeah, as juvenile as that sounds... I think that about sums it up.

Hey, Axl, from those leaks..(in the best Mayor Quimby voice possible)... that broad is nice.

Anyway, I just want to hear the album like you all, but considering the leaks sound good, I'm fine. I'm all for a reunion which would let Weiland go back to STP and have VR dismantled, like it should be. I hated Contraband and felt the members would be better in their respected places.

Nice thread Kaneda, it's been dead here lately.

I think it's about being 44 years old. Unless you are then maybe it's not easy to grasp. Not that I am but I have an idea that when I'm older I will care less. And yes maybe Axl doesn't really want to destroy his legend but he may be taking his time, the rest of his life recording music for himself and maybe he will release something in the future but as is he can make some money and keep on living trying to enjoy himself.

If he doesn't hold up to the 2006 promise, then it may be because it's not even been pressed yet. GNR tours once every 4 years to make some money to continue work on the album. 2006 came around and Universal was tired of loaning him money. Axl goes on tour, gets money, goes back to the studio for another 4 years and works on Chinese Democracy. He does this until he dies and wastes his life on something that will never come out.

OR! He could release Chinese Democracy and still get money for the next album.

The issue is Axl saying what he wants to say getting it out. If he has a song he thinks isnt how it should be and isnt saying what he wants he goes in and changes it. Cos he can, cos he doesnt want to deal with it not being right for the rest of time.

What a sad day it is, when Kanade has his own groupies.

And if you dare disagree with him, you get the typical replies. Blinders to everything Axl does, kiss Axl's ass no matter what, violating Kanade's freedom of speach (not seeing that THEY are doing the same thing they accuse you of doing - it's sort of funny. It's OK for them and Kanade to disagree with you - but NOT OK for you to disagree with him).

Hell, one moron even mentioned that he loves the guys who say that the 'old band sucks and the new-GnR is the greatest.' I've been posting at this forum for years and have maybe seen 2 people say that?

This is a forum for people to discuss Guns N Roses.

Kanade is a very creative writer - but the majority of his posts are PURE speculation on his part.

The fact that a couple of his groupies are know taking everything he says as gospel is a little scary.

And it's sad that the Kanadites hatred and dissapointment in Axl so clouds their vision.

Axl is a human being, fronting a rock and roll band.

The old guys are in a band of their own, about to release a record.

I'm 36 years old, and while I still have a lot of the same friends that I did from 10-15 years ago - I don't hang out with the same crowd NOW, as an adult, that I did as a 19-20 year old kid.

Just becuz Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy had a few good years together as friends, and were in a band together - DOESNT mean that they have to be tied together for life. They've all GOTTEN OVER IT - maybe you should to.

Axl will release his next CD when he is good and fucking ready to release it. Regardless of what YOU think he should do. Or whatever YOU think his reasons are.

Getting mad and constantly bitching and moaning about it does nothing. It doesn't change anything.

If you Kanadites really dislike and are so disgusted with what Axl is doing, then DO SOMETHING about it!!! Don't go to his concerts, don't buy his CDS, don't post at GnR forums.

I'm not saying you have to kiss his ass and not criticize or complain when he fucks up. BUT to just do it non-stop . . . it's just retarded.

I loved Def Leppard back when they were a hard rock band. Pour Some Sugar On Me ruined them. Turned them from a hard rock band to a pop band. I respect that they took some chances over the past 15 years (slang, etc), but in my opinion, they completely changed what they were all about as a band.

BUT instead of spending the last decade bitching and moaning at Def Lep forums, I just stopped supporting the band. I didn't buy their last album. I didn't go see them when they were touring with Bryan Fucking Adams or Journey without Steve Perry.

THEY - like AXL - are just human beings.

Chinese Democracy is not some huge Golden Child thats gonna change music forever. It's not going to change our lives. Appetite did because we were 14-18 years old, and they had a new style of music that kicked hair band's pop-rock sound into the dirt. As a 36 year old man, no music is going to change my life like that ever again.

FUCK man - just listen to the old albums, thank God that Axl is still touring and we can go hear the old songs live and some new songs live - and IF Axl ever puts out a new CD - then buy that fucker and enjoy the hell out of it.

Chinese Democracy is NOT the second coming of Christ - it's a hard rock album. (ya, ya, feel free to insert your jokes about Christ coming back before the album is released).

Chinese Democracy is NOT the second coming of Christ - it's a hard rock album. (ya, ya, feel free to insert your jokes about Christ coming back before the album is released).

But Robin Finck's entry into Gn'R IS the coming of Jesus II :rofl-lol: I find it easier to call him Jesus than Robin, rings a bell better :D Gotta love Robin's style in looks and playing rock2

well if it wasnt 4 the old band would we be here today

HELL NO!

you dont know that fuck head. For all we know guns could have been bigger with out slash and duff (i only really miss izzy), and we all know steven just liked to do heroin so fuck him. Dont say shit when you cant pove it. Unlees you have a time machine dont say stupid shit like that.

HELL NO!

you dont know that fuck head. For all we know guns could have been bigger with out slash and duff (i only really miss izzy), and we all know steven just liked to do heroin so fuck him. Dont say shit when you cant pove it. Unlees you have a time machine dont say stupid shit like that.

The last 14 years is proof enough for me.

I would love it if Axl changed the name of his band, released chinese democracy, toured for a little while, then got back together with the original guns. Just to see slash and axl on stage together again would be amazing.

I was going to comment on how the Rambler part of your name is perfect, but...........

Fuckin' hell man you read way too much into everything... it's only Rock N' Roll! It's music! There are more important things going on, take it as it comes. When the album is released, enjoy it and see what unfolds but until then get on with your life.

That was an amazing post. I agree 100%

HELL NO!

I think its official Colt 1911 is the worlds biggest jackass.

Fuckin' hell man you read way too much into everything... it's only Rock N' Roll! It's music! There are more important things going on, take it as it comes. When the album is released, enjoy it and see what unfolds but until then get on with your life.

He doesn't have one.