Guns N' Roses guitarist comparison (YouTube)

Sportyboy

Slash, Slash, Slash - those are my top three...I don't care who's technically better the way Slash performs and delivers in concert is second to none. He may be replaced, but he'll never be equalled.

True C likes, but the new band are still quality.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YCBM - Bumblefoot

NR - Bumblefoot

Nightrain - Buckethead

You're such a loser...

:(

Yes in all your posts I've read its as if GNR didn't exist before 2001...you're entitled to your opinion but come on, comparing pre '94 GNR to this lineup is a bit ridiculous.

I think Ron plays better than Slash. calling me a looser for that was pretyt uncalled for.

And comparing 06' to 92'?

Ron do really play guitar better than Slash (IMO)

I dig Slash's bluesy solos. Obviously, Axl tried to make the new band more industrial and technical, and Buckethead did a kick-ass job on the solos. They weren't as bluesy, but they were great. I'm not as excited about BBF's - I really don't like his shredding on YCBM, but he sounds great on some songs like Nightrain.

It really differs song by song, because some sound better bluesy, and some sound better faster.

best guitarist gnr had its fuckin slash end of he wrote the riffs there his stuff hes also a fuckin legend all over the world what have these new guys achieved again????????

they need three guitarists to do slashs job that says it all

h and who are these guys again???????

all these guys can do is play other peoples tunes badly especially that robin fudd

this band is a fuckin circus freak show

yeah dude that is your opinion and i think it sucks, and i they don't need 3 guitar players i think only 2, also i think buckethead and finck are by far the best guitar players guns has had, not taking nothing away from slash but he is a sellout who lost his touch.

We can all feel that Axl's trip is coming to and end and his only chance is to reunite Gn'R.

thats a fucking joke you'd have a better time trying to pick up sticks with your buttcheeks then gn'r reuniting!

ok i have listen to it as if i needed to but buckethead is better then all of them, 2nd bumblefoot cos he has this raw power to him man he can fuckin shredd it up, 3rd slash he has more of the classcial gn'r sound which is great but i just think gn'r today has no place for him i think the 3 guys they got now is all they need i would love it to be just 2 but oh well,

also why doesn't any body do a thing between ficnk and slash for scom solo? if so please do

I love Ron's work on the outro of "November Rain" incredible stuff, he really is a extremely talanted artist, what i don't like about Ron is his shredding for example in "Chinese Democracy".

Buckethead is truly amazing, i can respect him as an artist but I just don't take to his shredding style, i prefer a more bluesy sounding guitarist thats why i'd always prefer Slash.

Look, Slash is the best GNR guitarist. The others are only substitutes. Buckethead has technique but he is a freack. Who can do a record whit this crazy motherfucker. Ron Thal, well is a second line guitarist. And Robin Finck is good choice but he cannot compare with Slash. Accept it

Slahs, of course.

The other guys arent bad but they dont have the stage presence, feel, attitude, and energy Slash has. Hes the most well rounded guitarist of the bunch and he fit in with the band more than anybody else.

"In a world he did not create, but that he will go through as if it were his own making, half man, half beast... Im not sure what it is, but whatever it is its wierd, its pissed off, and it calls itself Slash" rock4

"In a world he did not create, but that he will go through as if it were his own making, half man, half beast... Im not sure what it is, but whatever it is its wierd, its pissed off, and it calls itself Slash" rock4

- W. Axl Rose

I like the BBF on all 3. Bucket doesn't do it for me in almost everything i've heard. There is one performance of YCBM though, not this one, where he is freakin amazing, but the rest of his solos, save the little thing he does after the "down" solo at RIR, dont really cut it.

Slash is great, and probably would have sounded cleaner if he wasnt partyin it up on stage. Slash should just stand still and play.

Edited by jah772

Slash Saul Hudson is tha man and will always be the greatest guitarist for Guns. Colonel Sander's friend Mr. Buckethead was a badass though. I accepted him as a replacement for Slash. He had tremendous guitar playing prowess, not to mention he created some great solos for songs that already had brilliant solos. Mr. Bumblefoot...hmm I just don't know. I think he's a very capable guitarist and extremely talented...but I just don't think he's the right man for the job. I haven't really enjoyed what we've heard so far from him in Guns.

As for Finck.....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Any answer other than Slash is like saying you would rather have a Shelby Mustang Cobra kit car instead of the genuine article. They might both look shiney and the same on the outside, but one of them would clearly be an imposter. It is much easier to copy someone else's work than it is to create the vision from scratch.

best guitarist gnr had its fuckin slash end of he wrote the riffs there his stuff hes also a fuckin legend all over the world what have these new guys achieved again????????

they need three guitarists to do slashs job that says it all

h and who are these guys again???????

all these guys can do is play other peoples tunes badly especially that robin fudd

this band is a fuckin circus freak show

Why does everyone use this shitty argument?

Any of the three guitarists can play Slash's solos, but I still will always prefer Slash over them.

After listening to that and not watching jsut to test myself to see if I could pick out the guitarists, which was easy I have the following to report.

You Could Be Mine. Really thought Buckethead did this the best, taking the original solo and giving it a totally new flavour which I enjoyed. Slash comes in second, keeping to the original yet playing it some what sloppelly and skipping notes all over the place. Bumblefoot comes in third with a below par effort.

November Rain: Slash takes his original work and sticks to it. Nothing special but it does the job. Bumblefoot in second with his fast fingured manuevering making it sound like bad cellphone ringtone. Buckethead bringin up the rear trying to go in a completly new direction and losing me in my entirity.

Nightrain: Slash again the victor with a blues drift through the classic material, sounds ace champ keep it up. Um Buckethead must've seen his mum in the corwd and yelled out "look how many notes I can shove in this solo mum" hats off to his effort but it ends up sounding like the soundtrack to a Sonic the Hedgehog game. Bumblefoot attempting to take it to the next level from Buckethead with even more notes whcih sounds god aweful almost as if Axl Rose has whipped out a chainsaw and is moving up and down the fret board.

Fianl notes: Axl the majoirty of the fans that see your shows go to hear the original tunes played in the original status. Have a word with your guitarists telling them not to rape the fuck out of the songs that people are paying them to play. Hey I got nothing against an updated sound and putting your own creative influences into the songs, but please keep it to a limit.

ok i have listen to it as if i needed to but buckethead is better then all of them, 2nd bumblefoot cos he has this raw power to him man he can fuckin shredd it up, 3rd slash he has more of the classcial gn'r sound which is great but i just think gn'r today has no place for him i think the 3 guys they got now is all they need i would love it to be just 2 but oh well,

also why doesn't any body do a thing between ficnk and slash for scom solo? if so please do

Because no one wants to embarass poor Finck.

bucket across the board. i love how he's being faulted for not writing the songs and copying slash, and at the same time also being faulted for playing totally different solos than slash. bucket plays his own solos whenever the origianl feel of the song wouldn't be blown. his solo to ycbm is alot different than slash, but your average joe probably didn't catch it in concert. but still he wrote the solo. he wasn't copying anyone.