Guns N' Roses guitarist comparison (YouTube)

Sportyboy

Good job Iceman

I have to say- Buckethead is obviously a great guitarist, but Slash is a songwriter/guitarist. Anyone(buckethead) can take someone elses song and add some killer riffs, but to write the song- that is the talent

Buckethead wrote and released an INSANELY impressive solo album if i recall, so he also writes when given the chance, its just that his job in GNR was to play old material and to come up with solos for new GNR ....

so buckethead is also a great songwriter

Edited by motownjunkie

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is a joke. It makes people think Slash - BH and BBF are on the same league. Where is Fortus? Finck? This is ridiculous.

Slash is Slash, he is the best, but saying BH and:or BBF are as important as Slash, making thse types of comparaisons or associations is ridiculous.

RICHARD FORTUS AND ROBIN FINCK ARE WAY MORE IMPORTANT TO THE BAND THAN BUCKETHEAD OR BUMBLEFOOT EVER WERE.

bucketheads nightrain solo is bad asssssssss.

slash is quite obviously the god of guns guitarin seein as he wrote em an brought a blues element to the songs. very cool.

but bucket n bumblefoot are very good current guitarists, new style for a new gnr. makes sense. stop blaming bucket n ron cos slash left. they might not have written the original riffs but they hav for the new songs. we shall see.

on the flip side if gnr release chinese democracy then have a reunion, slash cudnt pull off a bucket solo. works both ways.

"Buckethead wrote and released an INSANELY impressive solo album if i recall, so he also writes when given the chance, its just that his job in GNR was to play old material and to come up with solos for new GNR ...."

bucket has one of the largest discographys i have ever seen. as far as i remember hes got 21o solo albums, he was in Deli Kreeps, Giant Robot, Cobra Strike, Praxis, Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains, Cornbugs, Death Cube K, El Stew, Gorgone, and has worked with DJ Q-Bert, Mike Patton, Vigo Mortessen, and written and recorded endless soudtracks including the mortal combat films. so his writting ability is really quite unquestionable.

And compare the album Electric Tears, Monsters and Robots and Population Overide, there completely different. endless talent this man has. but no he is not slash.

Edited by Use_your_illusions

bucket has one of the largest discographys i have ever seen. as far as i remember hes got 21o solo albums, he was in Deli Kreeps, Giant Robot, Cobra Strike, Praxis, Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains, Cornbugs, Death Cube K, El Stew, Gorgone, and has worked with DJ Q-Bert, Mike Patton, Vigo Mortessen, and written and recorded endless soudtracks including the mortal combat films. so his writting ability is really quite unquestionable.

Buckethead was in Thanatopsis (an amazing band. rock3 ) (3 albums), Praxis (4 albums + 1 unreleased, 1 live), Pieces (1 album), he has two albums with Viggo Mortensen, two albums with Cobras Strike, one album with Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains. He has also recorded with: Giant Robot (1 album), Gorgone (1 album), El Stew (2 albums), Deli Creeps (3 albums), Death Cube K (3 albums) and Cornbugs (5 albums).

He has had like 50 guest appeareances, don't know.

And he has released 22 solo albums.

Including the Thanatopsis album Anatomize, Buckethead released 4 albums in 2006.

I think, there's no doubt, he's a creative guy and a good songwriter. rock3

Buckethead was in Thanatopsis (an amazing band. rock3 ) (3 albums), Praxis (4 albums + 1 unreleased, 1 live), Pieces (1 album), he has two albums with Viggo Mortensen, two albums with Cobras Strike, one album with Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains. He has also recorded with: Giant Robot (1 album), Gorgone (1 album), El Stew (2 albums), Deli Creeps (3 albums), Death Cube K (3 albums) and Cornbugs (5 albums).

Including the Thanatopsis album Anatomize, Buckethead released 4 albums in 2006.

No wonder things didn't work out with Axl :rofl-lol:

You're actually releasing music? Can't have that

thats 46 albums, amazing!

This thread is a joke. It makes people think Slash - BH and BBF are on the same league. Where is Fortus? Finck? This is ridiculous.

Slash is Slash, he is the best, but saying BH and:or BBF are as important as Slash, making thse types of comparaisons or associations is ridiculous.

RICHARD FORTUS AND ROBIN FINCK ARE WAY MORE IMPORTANT TO THE BAND THAN BUCKETHEAD OR BUMBLEFOOT EVER WERE.

Idiot.

i agree finck and fortus are all axl needs, bumblefoot is good though but i think finck is better

Slash, Slash, Slash - those are my top three...I don't care who's technically better the way Slash performs and delivers in concert is second to none. He may be replaced, but he'll never be equalled.

Sir SLASH, the untouchable saint!!!!!!!!!!

Finck (the anti saint) made my fav solo in the blues.

U don´t care who´s technically better when someone is.

U will rip off the songs on CD when someone wrote better songs then Slash.

I just can´t stand that closeminded biased shit.. <_<

And before you start to call me an fucking closeminded Axlite(though this is not about Axl) I can tell you one thing. I first loved the original band and still do. But things changed, and to accept changes you HAVE to be openminded. Have that in consideration.