Izzy is right on his statement over Axl's use of Gn'R name

Son Of A Gun

Izzy is right about his statement on Axl using the name Gn'R. If Axl releases Chinese Democracy under the name Gn'R...no matter how good it is, no matter how much ass it kicks...he is going to get a more than fatal backlash to his career. What do you think people will do when they go to stores and buy the album and listen to the songs and find they sound nothing like Gn'R, and then further look in the booklet that there are no other Gn'R members on that album but Axl??? Like Izzy said it they will say to Axl "Fuck you wanker this is NOT Guns N' Roses". If half this internet forum (this forum are the strongest of Axl's fans) don't accept this current band as Guns N' Roses, what on earth makes anyone think those people out there will? It's sad but true :no:

Edited by Son Of A Gun

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 3 reasons why I think Axl is doing this.

1. The name Guns N' Roses is famous and it stands out to people. This will raise the record sales just because of the name. For once, Axl is using his mind to consider something.

2. The CD Chinese Democracy was originally started by Guns N' Roses, so I believe he wants to finish it under that name.

3. His name Axl ROSE comes from Guns N' Roses so he feels attached to the name.

Edited by Dave10

1) Alot of people wont care, only people on these message boards and hardcore music fans care. Everyone forgets that!

2) Axl clearly understands that in order for any band to last they have to expand their sound, keep pushing boundaries to make new music that isnt just a rehash of past glory.... ie an album that sounds exactly like Appetite. It has to evolve, it has to be different.

3) Axl wont give a shit what you think, it doesnt matter to him!

Jonx

There are 3 reasons why I think Axl is doing this.

1. The name Guns N' Roses is famous and it stands out to people. This will raise the record sales just because of the name. For once, Axl is using his mind to consider something.

2. The CD Chinese Democracy was originally started by Guns N' Roses, so I believe he wants to finish it under that name.

3. His name Axl ROSE comes from Guns N' Roses so he feels attached to the name.

Very perceptive...I have to agree

I haven't got a link to that lawrence...the best I can tell you is it was on Related Newswire and it was a 2001 interview with Izzy. Anyways in all who speculate on my attitude towards Axl...this is just a thought of concern because it seemed as if people will shit on Axl for doing so.

Izzy is right about his statement on Axl using the name Gn'R. If Axl releases Chinese Democracy under the name Gn'R...no matter how good it is, no matter how much ass it kicks...he is going to get a more than fatal backlash to his career. What do you think people will do when they go to stores and buy the album and listen to the songs and find they sound nothing like Gn'R, and then further look in the booklet that there are no other Gn'R members on that album but Axl??? Like Izzy said it they will say to Axl "Fuck you wanker this is NOT Guns N' Roses". If half this internet forum (this forum are the strongest of Axl's fans) don't accept this current band as Guns N' Roses, what on earth makes anyone think those people out there will? It's sad but true :no:

I think the non diehard fans dont care that much. Have a couple of friends that followed me to the concert in Stockholm, and they was well aware of this new linup and as long as it sounded great they didn´t cared. And it did.

I think both you and Izzy are wrong. And u can´t put members on this forum and people out there in comparison. We on this forum are extreme cases in this wide spectrum. I´m pretty sure that people out there are pretty aware of the new lineup by now, but have a more natural view on this band and album. Finck for example has been in the band for 10 years now. I have actuallt NEVER met somebody who think it´s the old lineup.

Axl said himself in 02' that its a matter of how do you remake something that got so big? so of course people are still going to remember the old lineup like it was yesterday but if CD is a success i am sure all eyes will be looking at the likes of Finck, BBF, Stinson, Brain, Ferrer, Reed and Pitman.

what's sad about this is people like you "Mulletheads" that cant get over the 70' and 80's crap!

go cut yer mullet...it's 2006 son! :lol:

Actually my personal experience has been that people who aren't big fans might not get so worked up over Axl using the name but they still don't consider the new band to be Guns N' Roses and they don't aceept them as such.

And I think it will stop a lot of people from buying the album. Back in the brief period when the leaks were played on the radio the main reaction I heard from people was "that does NOT sound like GNR!".

As far as the name increasing sales because of recognition I think he could do that just as well by making it a solo project. Its very rare to find someone who knows the name Guns N' Roses but doesn't know who Axl Rose is. And those people who do only know the band name would be unlikely to buy one of their albums.

but if CD is a success i am sure all eyes will be looking at the likes of Finck, BBF, Stinson, Brain, Ferrer, Reed and Pitman.

And still 98% of the people will be wondering..."who the fuck are these people?" and "even these 3 guitarists don't equal one Slash".

Just remember, CD IS NEVER GOING TO BE RELEASED, mark my words. It was a project started 10 years ago by a man who had enough balls to leave it all on the table and try his own thing - he has failed and must realize this sooner rather than later.

Edited by GeorgeGlass

Guest RonMexico82

Every single casual fan that I've talked to say that its good to hear Axl singing again but that its not Guns n Roses without the old guys.

I really think the older fans have been completely demystified (if thats a word). The myth of the old band died over time as people got older and more cynical and see the workings of the industry. What was weird is that the leaks sounded exactly like GNR sort of Illusion era. TWAT and CITR. In some ways Axl deserves the name to try and take GNR on to something else, for wanting to take it further. Slash cast himself as just a guitarist, with no pretensions. Axl seems to almost live through music in an emotional way that Slash doesn't deal with. If all those guys had stuck in there with Axl no matter what then they could have there say in some way.

what's sad about this is people like you "Mulletheads" that cant get over the 70' and 80's crap!

Why must anyone who is a fan of the original lineup be considered "stuck in the past" or a "mullethead." I'm also a fan of The Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin. What does that make me since they made "crap" in the 70's. GNR made their best "crap" in the 80's. Unless you consider the as yet to be heard "Chinese Democracy" their magnum opus? What is really sad is that certain members on this forum insist that GNR did not exist prior to 1999. As ludicrous as this sounds, GNR is GUNS N' ROSES because of the "mulletheads" that wrote and recorded those classic songs back in the 80's. The songs that I might add are still played every night. I've been on this forum for a long time and am not usually one to attack, but this "If you like the old lineup you must be stuck in the 80's" crap is getting old. If you asked most GNR fans, and music fans in general, who they want to see playing next to Axl on stage I can guarantee you that their answer will not be Robin Finck (I would here like to state that I mean no disrespect to Finck. He is a fine guitarist in his own right). I have no idea how someone can call themselves a GNR fan and have no respect for the original lineup.

Thank you Sonny_1313

Don't worry about people like Funeral, they 're just a bunch of attention whoring fuckheads who need to 'drag one down in their misery'. But that's only because his dad (or mum :rofl-lol: ) gets more pussy than him :rolleyes:

you guys are missing something here, guns n' roses were not a huge success only because of their music, it was way more than that, it was them!!!, it was their stage prensence, their chemistry, their on and off stage personas, their attitude, it was a whole package that no even one band got to have until today, that's what made them huge. Now this new band is not bad, axl ( i'm sure) is gonna come up with some amazing music, but there's no way he can can make the same impact, this band doesnt have what the old band had, period!!! they are not guns n' roses!!! you will listen some really good and refreshing music from new-guns but they wont make any big impact because of the lack of elements that i just mentioned, and when that happen hopefully axl will understand that he was not guns n' roses, then will see a reunion and if they put their shit together long enough we'll see a real guns n' roses album.

that's my humble opinion

that's the worst argument I've ever heard...sorry

if the music is good, people will buy it. nuff said

Also Axl has great track record and the leaks show its basically the same quality. and Axl is the one who seemed to control this stuff. Slash would give us Snakepit quality stuff. And thats not bad but Axl hasn't really release any sub par records yet. And honestly he does not look like CD would be below par from what we've heard. The Blues, Madagascar, TWAT, CITR, Better, Chinese Democracy. This stuff is great.

if the music is good, people will buy it. nuff said

yeah sure...but what funeral said is completely irrelivent(sp?) to the argument. Please Gunzen, tell me how what Funeral said has to do with what Izzy said. Mulletheads? "Cut yer mullet"? "cant get over the 70' and 80's crap"? What does "mulletheads" have to do with a GOD DAMN THING about what Izzy said???

But when u look back at the Illusion era footage Slash is slumped over his guitar and Duff is passed out playing on his back and Izzy and Steven left. Slash put some effort in here and there but he wasnt really working the crowd, not his job. There seemed to be less chemistry than people make out.

The reason Axl took control of the name back in the early 90's is he could see the fuck ups that would become of most of the members of the band. Duffs, Slash,Stevens drinking and drug abuse. Izzys general nonchalance of the band. If things were left up to the consensus of the group they would be a lounge act in Vegas somewhere. Axl put a shitload of blood, sweat and taers into this band and he wasn't about to leave it to those guys to write the future. Where they awesome when they were together? Sure. But the new band is tight and in my opinon most people are drawn to a band because of the frontman. Wicked guitar players are great and mad drummers rule as well but not many people buy Joe Satriani and Jason Bonham albums. Axl is the leader. He charts the course. Rock on dudes! :xmasssanta: