Fans Vent About Guns N' Roses Show, Opener

jack99

Rock n' Roll is rebellion. I ain't saying it, it's just fact. Truth is, most bands nowadays PRETEND to be rebels and market to a young audience who don't know shit or refuse to look deeper into things and so they can get away with it. So they put in a swear word here or there in their music and say they hate authority, but they follow all of the rules that makes them money. Don't piss off your fans, don't piss off the record companies, don't piss off the sponsors. Axl consistently breaks all of these rules...and for that, he is rock n' roll.

I love how some of you say this shit about how rock n roll doesn't have rules, then go into another thread and say how Axl is old and he can't be young again and get arrested, do drugs, and be rebellious.

Not caring about what they do and doing whatever they want? I bet the other members don't want to continuously go on stage late and I bet the other members want to do drugs andget arrested and have fun. But it's Axl's band and it's Axl's solo project under the Guns N' Roses name.

Newsflash: No one else in this band is rebellious, no one else in this band is controversial, and no one else in this band is rock n roll....this band isn't rock n roll.

oh, I guess you consider the Killers or Bon Jovi rock n' roll. Even Metallica (whom I like) sold out during the grundge days. Gn'R never compromise their point of view. that is Rock n' Roll. From Elvis, The Beatles, The Doors, The Sex Pistols and GnR, all remains the same. There were conventions, and they broke them cause they wanted to.

Yes your right....they BROKE them because they WANTED to. They don't do that anymore....just Axl.

GNR do compromise their point of view because at the beginning they were badass, scum of the streets with no money and nothing driving them. They didn't care about the person next to them but only the band. They did drugs, got drunk, and caused shit. Now Axl bites police officers, gets drunk, cancels shows, goes on late, frowns upon drug usage, and doesn't let anyone else speak in the band when on stage. The other members? I never hear anything about them except the oddball Tommy Stinson throwing his bass down and saying "get on board or fuck off." Good job Tommy. Way to pick up the slack. :rolleyes:

This band isn't rock n roll. GNR WAS rock n roll...but this band isn't rock n roll.

Rock n roll is about not giving a flying fuck what anyone thinks about you. If Axl was rock n roll he'd have this album released and say "Here it is, if you don't like it then fuck off." Rock n roll is about having that "something" that sets you apart from everyone else. It has to be a something that is in the performance. This band doesn't give me goosebumps like the old band did, and never saw the old band, I only listened to them.

Rock n roll isn't about not abiding by the rules and not compromising your point of view. Rock n roll is about going on stage and doing a kickass performance. Rock n roll is about telling the entire fucking world to fuck off no matter what they think about you. Rock n roll is about you and your band, no one else but the band. Rock n roll isn't about interviews or 13 million dollar albums or saying that I'll go on when I feel like it because I want to continue my image of badass since I don't drink and do drugs anymore. Rock n roll is about saying "fuck you", sticking up your middle finger, and putting on a good fucking rock show for your fans without all the bullshit. Then after the show, do whatever the fuck you want and when you want to. Get arrested for all I fucking care because that's badass. Do drugs, get stoned, fuck some chicks. Not just Axl but the entire band. Now that's fucking rock n roll. And not just doing drugs and getting drunk. It's a wide definition. Just go out and tell the world to suck your dick.

By not releasing the album he's saying suck my dick...i'll do it when I want. - true rock n' roll.

He's not releasing the album because he's worried it isn't good enough.

"Perfect album" "Masterpiece"(not Axl quotes but quotes from people who were involved)...we've all heard what he's trying to do. Fuck that shit man just release it and tell the world to suck his dick if it aint good.

Yeah sure you can say that he aint releasing it because he'll do it when he wants....but deep down we should know by now that Axl kept changing and changng because he wanted to make this thing change the world again. He's scared, and that aint rock n roll.

Axl should do whatever the fuck type of music he wants. Fuck the evolution of music. I have new found respect for ACDC now. I used to hate them but at least they do what they fucking want to.

Edited by 3rd Wheel

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

By not releasing the album he's saying suck my dick...i'll do it when I want. - true rock n' roll.

Or...they may have encountered last minute legal issues.

It was not long ago when the Cleveland (?) show got canceled supposedly by the fire marshals.

After that Axl said something like "the people that got the gig canceled are the same that almost put an end to GN'R and that might have compromised the CD release".

The words are similar to these.

The fact that CD will come out whenever Axl is ready, is Rock N Roll. He will release it whenever he is goddamn good and ready.Hes makn music, and when hes ready for you to hear it, you will !!

He doesnt give a flying fuck about you, me, the record company or anything else. Thats the additude AXl is famous for and he has maintained it. When you start caring about all the other things besides makeing music- then your a sellout !!! Dont get me wrong- I would love it if Axl was more forthcoming and gave all of his fans some more info and attention, but thats not the Axl I grew to love and he wouldnt be the Axl we all loved if he changed !!

The fact that CD will come out whenever Axl is ready, is Rock N Roll. He will release it whenever he is goddamn good and ready.Hes makn music, and when hes ready for you to hear it, you will !!

He doesnt give a flying fuck about you, me, the record company or anything else. Thats the additude AXl is famous for and he has maintained it. When you start caring about all the other things besides makeing music- then your a sellout !!! Dont get me wrong- I would love it if Axl was more forthcoming and gave all of his fans some more info and attention, but thats not the Axl I grew to love and he wouldnt be the Axl we all loved if he changed !!

RIGHT ON!

most of the fans are only 16 anyway & not alive during the afd era according to eagles of death metal

i imagine the police wouldn't be amused if they were out till early hours of the morning,& parents could get into serious trouble with social services etc, not to mention all the rapists that loiter at that time of night preying on pissed up underage girls,

engage your brain before you put mouth in gear

rude boy av a gun & they dont walk with fear

most of the fans are only 16 anyway & not alive during the afd era according to eagles of death metal

i imagine the police wouldn't be amused if they were out till early hours of the morning,& parents could get into serious trouble with social services etc, not to mention all the rapists that loiter at that time of night preying on pissed up underage girls,

I never got messed around with when I was younger and going to GnR concerts then....but that's cause I had a wallet that read - Bad Motherfucker!.

I never got messed around with when I was younger and going to GnR concerts then....but that's cause I had a wallet that read - Bad Motherfucker!.

You must be that guy that mugged me after that "late" GNR show cause that was my wallet.

They should change the title of this thread "Fans Vent......" those fuckn idiots were not fans !!!

what like mine?bmfpp5.gif

i'm 34 obviously the streets aint so safe as when i was 16

You are right. As far as I can remember (i'm 33, been a fan since '89), there's always been idiots who don't know shit about GnR who get on the bandwagon for a concert or a new cd release line-up and then fucking dump all over the band for some reason or another. Posers!

lol - where do you live...cause up here in Canada there's never been a crime.

You are right. As far as I can remember (i'm 33, been a fan since '89), there's always been idiots who don't know shit about GnR who get on the bandwagon for a concert or a new cd release line-up and then fucking dump all over the band for some reason or another. Posers!

lol - where do you live...cause up here in Canada there's never been a crime.

i'm sure your wrong' i live in the uk, aint discussing it any further if your gonna make silly posts about no crime in 2006

Edited by lawrence

Hypothetical - A band that doesn't market to young people who says straight up...we come on stage late. There are naked women at our shows and this is who we are. Don't come if you don't like it. Would you still be pissed at the late start or would they be justified in doing what they said up front they are going to do?

Axl woke up at 11.57pm, had a bowl of Capt. Crunch did a bit of yodeling, gargalled with some Jagermeister and hit the stage promptly at 12.30am

:lol:

Another "positive" article about Axl... Well, at least the media are talking about him, he's not being ignored which would be worse.

Hey pepcid... that's a cool model airplane in your avatar. It's just, well, cute.