Something Special For The Calgary Show?

da_pope

I know Calgary is not that big of a market but it's not small either (1 million+ population) and the show tommorow night is a sold out gig at a 20,000+ capacity arena. Thats gotta be one of the biggest crowds that Axl + friends has played to on this tour (Maybe not the biggest but definetly up there) and it wouldn't be crazy to think that something out of the ordinary might come up.

Maybe an extra song? a new song? an extended rant? some clues into the whole Chi-dem fiasco?

what do you think?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Calgary is not that big of a market but it's not small either (1 million+ population) and the show tommorow night is a sold out gig at a 20,000+ capacity arena. Thats gotta be one of the biggest crowds that Axl + friends has played to on this tour (Maybe not the biggest but definetly up there) and it wouldn't be crazy to think that something out of the ordinary might come up.

Maybe an extra song? a new song? an extended rant? some clues into the whole Chi-dem fiasco?

what do you think?

I dont know dude, but I love the sig B)

We waited for something special at the first Hammerstein show (and got it indeed because all the leaks minus CITR were played live for the first time). O.K.

But then:

We thought something special might happen in Madrid (first show in Europe), at Rock in Rio (show that was meant to be the first show in Europe, very big crowd, television and internet broadcast, RiR generally was said to be special for Axl), Sep 16th Las Vegas show (first show back in the states), at KROQ Inland Invasion (big festival), Oct 20th Jacksonville show (first show of the regular NA tour, because the prior shows were just warm ups), Madison Square Garden (sold out, big crowd, N.Y. is special for Axl).

I might even have forgotten some shows whichs were treated as possibly special shows that could lead to a CD release date or the performance of an unheared track of the upcoming album in this enumeration. But we never got anything in this direction.

That's why I don't see anything special happen in Calgary.

:

Maybe they'll show up late as usual and play the same set as usual?

:xmasssanta: You are correct sir! If MSG gets the same ol' same ol',then so will Calgary. Perhaps Calgary Alberta,Canada Wrestling Legend, Bret "the hitman" Hart will appear and join Gn'R for a version of his WWE theme song. Other than that , ya'll aren't getting anything different.

The Hart family still lives here?

Woah... I didn't even know that.

what do you think?

Whooooa oh oh Sweet Child O' Mine...

what do you think?

What better thing to put into a Slash sig then Slash's greatest achivement, the greatest riff of all-time.

:

:xmasssanta: You are correct sir! If MSG gets the same ol' same ol',then so will Calgary. Perhaps Calgary Alberta,Canada Wrestling Legend, Bret "the hitman" Hart will appear and join Gn'R for a version of his WWE theme song. Other than that , ya'll aren't getting anything different.

Well he is the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. :)

We waited for something special at the first Hammerstein show (and got it indeed because all the leaks minus CITR were played live for the first time). O.K.

But then:

We thought something special might happen in Madrid (first show in Europe), at Rock in Rio (show that was meant to be the first show in Europe, very big crowd, television and internet broadcast, RiR generally was said to be special for Axl), Sep 16th Las Vegas show (first show back in the states), at KROQ Inland Invasion (big festival), Oct 20th Jacksonville show (first show of the regular NA tour, because the prior shows were just warm ups), Madison Square Garden (sold out, big crowd, N.Y. is special for Axl).

I might even have forgotten some shows whichs were treated as possibly special shows that could lead to a CD release date or the performance of an unheared track of the upcoming album in this enumeration. But we never got anything in this direction.

That's why I don't see anything special happen in Calgary.

last show of the European tour in wembley....damn did that suck for us.

Maybe they will do what I expected when I bought a ticket to the show.... ROCK!!! I think its awesome that my mullet full town that I moved to last year from the west coast is one of the biggest crowds of the tour. Whats up with you Americans down there??? 5000-10,000 at a show for the greatest rock bands of all time??? The wounds must run deep. Anyhow, that abooot(canada humor) does it for me. Ciao. :P

they have only been late once, if they always show up round 11:30, then that is on time. If you are gonna complain about start times, jesus. Bitch, Bitch, Bitch!

Maybe they will do what I expected when I bought a ticket to the show.... ROCK!!! I think its awesome that my mullet full town that I moved to last year from the west coast is one of the biggest crowds of the tour. Whats up with you Americans down there??? 5000-10,000 at a show for the greatest rock bands of all time??? The wounds must run deep. Anyhow, that abooot(canada humor) does it for me. Ciao. :P

nice post, that is exactly what they are gonna do. Personally I am glad there are so many "butt hurt" fans here, better tix for me, late

some clues into the whole Chi-dem fiasco?

I think you're foolishly optimistic. I'm just waiting for 2006 to run out so SOME of you people will STFU about a new album from GNR...THERE IS NO NEW FUCKING ALBUM!! It is not going to happen. Put two and two together - they've toured in 2002 and now 2006, with no mention from Axl (the creator of this uh 'masterpiece') at all...not ONCE during ANY of the shows.

He shut it down sometime in the last 4 years and is just playing the tunes that were finished from the album that will never come.

Is that 20,000 Canadian?

Is that 20,000 Canadian?

With the exchange that equals aboooot 25,000 of you motherfuckers!!! We rock up here!! :fuckyou:

what do you think?

What better thing to put into a Slash sig then Slash's greatest achivement, the greatest riff of all-time.

What better thing? Well for starters you could put the correct tablature for the riff in your sig.

:P

what do you think?

What better thing? Well for starters you could put the correct tablature for the riff in your sig.

Uhh...?

It's correct.

I didn't include the E and A strings cause there's no point.

what do you think?

Uhh...?

It's correct.

I didn't include the E and A strings cause there's no point.

That still has nothing to do with the fact that the tab in your sig is wrong. The 2nd 15 should be a 14.