Something Special For The Calgary Show?

da_pope

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you just going to follow me around? I thought we agreed that we don't agree? Fine, they play the same set, it's the kind of set the general public outside of here are going to know and want to hear. But it just makes no sense to me at all that he can't introduce the new music as 80% of the crowd does not know them and it only seems logical and productive to introduce them. Why is he not talking about the album? Isn't this the time to promote it? He is getting a chance to tell THOUSANDS of people to look for the new album but no, nothing. Doesn't it make you suspcious? It's because he either doesn't know for sure if he wants to release it or if he needs to tinker with it some more and knows it isn't close.

Are you just going to follow me around? I thought we agreed that we don't agree? Fine, they play the same set, it's the kind of set the general public outside of here are going to know and want to hear. But it just makes no sense to me at all that he can't introduce the new music as 80% of the crowd does not know them and it only seems logical and productive to introduce them. Why is he not talking about the album? Isn't this the time to promote it? He is getting a chance to tell THOUSANDS of people to look for the new album but no, nothing. Doesn't it make you suspcious? It's because he either doesn't know for sure if he wants to release it or if he needs to tinker with it some more and knows it isn't close.

:sleeper:

Edited by Gunzen

Keep going. You might make it onto his sig!

Do me a favor dead. Just link us one good, positive comment that you have made about the band recently . Just one well thought out point, that contributed something to this forum. Just one. then maybe I wont fall asleep when I see your posts.

I knew you wouldn't have a response to any of that...because there is none. The truth sucks for you Axlites.

I guess I am an Axlite, and the truth is they rocked in SF when I saw em on 9/21, and they will rock when I see em on the 13th and 15th, those are truths, and they dont suck. I have the greatest gnr cd ever, another would be great, but my life is not so vapid that I need to criticize people who I dont know cause they wont give me what I need. I got what I wanted myself, don need Axl for it. Just dont.

Keep on crying Old Skool, it suits you.

Edited by Gunzen

I guess I am an Axlite, and the truth is they rocked in SF when I saw em on 9/21, and they will rock when I see em on the 13th and 15th, those are truths, and they dont suck. I have the greatest gnr cd ever, another would be great, but my life is not so vapid that I need to criticize people who I dont know cause they wont give me what I need. I got what I wanted myself, don need Axl for it. Just dont.

Axl loves you Gunzen and don't you forget that because you're good enough, smart enough and doggone it Axl just likes you.

Axl loves you Gunzen and don't you forget that because you're good enough, smart enough and doggone it Axl just likes you.

Axl doesnt even know me and never will. Again, your posts make no sense, and stop copying my emoticons, not only are you lame and pointless, but you are unoriginal.

Obviously you didn't get the SNL reference, but then again that skit was popular when you were 4. That's ok Stuart Smalley, it's good to be so positive, things will all work out for you.

When was that on SNL? who was it, I kinda went in and out of that show, still do. I was 4 in 1971, SNL started when I was 8, what the hell are you saying? Damn you are almost always wrong. I guess that is what heppens when you type without thinking.

Jesus man, I am done, I am bored now. Take care.

Edited by Gunzen

Keep going. You might make it onto his sig!

actually, you need to post repeated lame ass derogatory posts about a band you have never even seen to make my signiature. You, by far are the most rediculous member of this forum, if you dont know the words, dont sing the song man.

You have to wonder what is worth releasing as an album.

So far UYI should have been

Double Taking Jive

Bad Obsession

Live and Let Die

Don't Cry

November Rain

Knockin on Heavens Door

You Could Be Mine

Civil War

Yesterdays

Estranged

Some other songs have been played live but not often like Perfect crime, RNDTH, Pretty Tied Up, Dust N Bones, 14 Years. But not enough to be on the album.

And CD has about 4 songs.

Better

The Blues

Chinese Democracy

Madagascar

When was that on SNL? who was it, I kinda went in and out of that show, still do. I was 4 in 1971, SNL started when I was 8, what the hell are you saying? Damn you are almost always wrong. I guess that is what heppens when you type without thinking.

Your writing style and word usage, especially the use of the word "dope," definitely tells me that you are not nearly 40 and are a punk ass little dip shit liar. But keep trying to remain positive, don't forget how much Axl loves you for being there for him.

Your writing style and word usage, especially the use of the word "dope," definitely tells me that you are not nearly 40 and are a punk ass little dip shit liar. But keep trying to remain positive, don't forget how much Axl loves you for being there for him.

I used the word dope cause it is funny to me and my 13 year old son who I am taking to the Dec 15th show uses it and I often use words he says to screw round and it just slipped out. I am was actually born in Oct of 1967 in Brooklyn NY. But thank you very much, people often tell me I am hip for my age. Thanks for the compliment.

:rolleyes:

P.S. I LIKE TO KILL DEER.

Edited by Gunzen

You know, as pessimistic as I am about this whole thing, I'm really hoping to hear "Prostitute."

After following this project like a sad addiction for so long, this is one of the songs I've been looking forward to. From the articles I can remember, Axl Rose has been working on 'Prostitute' since about 1997, possibly '96. Producer 'Youth' - one whom I respect for his brilliant work on The Verve's album - came aboard about this time to perform some production work. While nothing really got going during his short stint behind the knobs, he states to this day that Prostitute is a track to look out for. Paul Buckmaster performed some orchestral arrangements on this track, and complemented it's mid-up tempo "biting rhythm." While his work might not be on the current version (as I never heard an orchestration difference between versions of TWAT), he has said to add some "ice" to the firey track. (Not to venture off track, but Buckmaster's description of 'Prostitute' matches the rhythm of 'Better,' sans orchestration). What's most interesting is that he noted their were no lyrics on 'Prostitute' circa fall 2002 - that's about 5 years of writer's block or pure laziness on Axl's part!

So, given the positive buzz, I'd really like to hear this song. Why not test it on an enthusiastic audience?

some clues into the whole Chi-dem fiasco?

I think you're foolishly optimistic. I'm just waiting for 2006 to run out so SOME of you people will STFU about a new album from GNR...THERE IS NO NEW FUCKING ALBUM!! It is not going to happen. Put two and two together - they've toured in 2002 and now 2006, with no mention from Axl (the creator of this uh 'masterpiece') at all...not ONCE during ANY of the shows.

He shut it down sometime in the last 4 years and is just playing the tunes that were finished from the album that will never come.

I guess Bach was hearing things.

And so what if 2006 ends? What is that gonna change? The album will be out eventually. The problem is, some people take it as more than just a CD, and others, like you, do nothing but bitch.

It's a CD. When it comes out, I'll buy it. Till then I'm happy with shows, but I'd be just as happy if fuckwits like you shut your hole about "wah there's no album it doesn't exist it's a conspiracy wah!"

some clues into the whole Chi-dem fiasco?

I think you're foolishly optimistic. I'm just waiting for 2006 to run out so SOME of you people will STFU about a new album from GNR...THERE IS NO NEW FUCKING ALBUM!! It is not going to happen. Put two and two together - they've toured in 2002 and now 2006, with no mention from Axl (the creator of this uh 'masterpiece') at all...not ONCE during ANY of the shows.

He shut it down sometime in the last 4 years and is just playing the tunes that were finished from the album that will never come.

I guess Bach was hearing things.

And so what if 2006 ends? What is that gonna change? The album will be out eventually. The problem is, some people take it as more than just a CD, and others, like you, do nothing but bitch.

It's a CD. When it comes out, I'll buy it. Till then I'm happy with shows, but I'd be just as happy if fuckwits like you shut your hole about "wah there's no album it doesn't exist it's a conspiracy wah!"

word

Is there a point to any of that? Your entire theory is based on the fact that Axl doesn't introduce the new songs at live shows? Wow. Way to build a mountain out of a molehill.

Except for those rare occasions, like when he mentioned Robin writing Better, or at the warmups where he mentioned Universal Music's investment in the project...

Same set? Hmmm well with alternates like Down on the Farm and You're Crazy (both versions) and Used to Love Her being tossed in, it's not really the same now is it?

And maybe he's just letting the music speak for itself.

When the album comes out, people will know. Regardless of whether it's good or not, and regardless of whether people buy it or not, every music rag and website on the planet will cover it, because of what it is. It's not like he needs to sell it to the people at the shows.

Next hairbrained theory please!

Isn't this the time to promote it? He is getting a chance to tell THOUSANDS of people to look for the new album but no, nothing. Doesn't it make you suspcious? It's because he either doesn't know for sure if he wants to release it or if he needs to tinker with it some more and knows it isn't close.

I agree with you Old School. Axl's strategy is weird concerning this album. Most of the people attending the shows don't even know that an album is supposed to be released this year.

I don't think it's coming out in the next months, really.