So What Happened?

raodonne

Well, it goes back to the topic at hand. If Axl has ultimate say on the release day then it might be released in '06 cause according to Bach "he doesn't care about money, he's motivated by his art". But if Universal has the final or some final say in the release, then there is no way its out this year.

Edited by AxlCorp

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its out soon :)

06' isnt over

You honestly believe a $15 million, major-label album will be out in under three weeks?

Something tells me this album took years to get out, as opposed to your stated "under three weeks".

of course it took longer...but we only have three week remaining!!!

Those of you talking about poor ticket sales: what you're trying to say is we're not going to see a new record until Axl is selling out stadiums again? Not possible with this lineup, and quite franky... might not be possible with a reunion. A large portion of the current crowds think they're coming to see the original lineup. Del James mentioned us as a "small portion" of the GNR fanbase. No, we're the only fanbase of the current GnR. Without the internet, not many people would even know who the hell was even in the band right now, and would have a harder time researching as to who the new members are.

Axl is going to have to take his audience as it is, and try to build upon it with new music.

I agree, but what I was trying to say is that some of the fans are thinking of buying tickets because they heard that a new album was coming out. Kind of like a comeback tour ...again. If they say that the album is delayed again, they might risk losing some potential buyers.

(just my toughts)

Axl is a great target for the media because of what happened in the past years about the album,legal issues and so on. They (the media) are just waiting for the moment till someone will say that the album will be delayed again so they have an opportunity to bash Axl down. This happened in the past and this will happen again no matter what effect it should have.

I totally agree. I have said it before, you can always spot an Axl hater when

a)you know more about the topic than the reporter

b)the story sources out facts that are not confirmed but work to support their agenda

It will happen again. But bottom line, when the cd comes out, and it is awesome, they will be forced to retreat and live a life of isolation in the swiss alps.

Don't get me wrong,i realy hope that the album will be released very soon. Not only for the fans but also for Axl. It's his proof that he still can make great music but it will be a great dissapointment when it's get delayed because of a "fight" between Axl and Universal. How many people in the press are gonna believe Axl when he says that the album will be delayed because of some issues between him and Universal? Not many i guess. I hope that they will give some statement very soon to clear some things up so that the fans will know what the future plans are for G N' R. It's this lack of communication wich made us "angry" and unaware about G N' R. We'll just have to wait and see what future brings us and i hope that this story will not have an abrupt end like in 2002.

Axl has unresolved legal issues stemming from the 2002 cancellation. He cost Clear Channel promotions millions of dollars. They probably gave him an ultimatum: go on tour again so we can recoup losses, or pay us out of pocket for the millions you cost us on the tour.

I think that´s a very interesting point,maybe this has something to do but who knows?. I´ve always thought that there were these kind of problems behind the scenes,or some other things we don´t know about, or things we can´t be told that were causing this much trouble. But this is just my opinion and what do I know? :(

Okay so let's continue...with the lawsuit idea.

If I'm Axl and I'm getting pressured by Universal, and I don't want to release the cd, but I know they are going to try and sue me. What else would I do to help my case to say that I am proceeding with the recording in good faith. Well, I may leak some songs...opps, some of my music has been leaked and now there is solid proof that I am working on it so Universal can't say I have done nothing.

Exactly my thought! And when CD couldnt be released of mentioned reasons, the leaks was the only way to promote the CD-tour.

But why tour?

To promote CD? If thats the case it´s not that good promotion for the tour itself, but maby for a future release?

Nuff said: Leaks promote tour> Tour promotes CD> CD release!

And they know that they can do a proper tour and get some extra cash. Maby this tour even was on demand of Universal and they put the money in their pocket to release CD. They maby hadn´t enough money to promote it AND fill out a part of that big black hole in their pocket Axl have made during those years, so a tour was the only sulution to both promote CD and get closer to Zero in their budget. Or they simply refused to stake more money in this project so the tour was Axls own and only solution to promote CD.

I´m sure it something to do with money and universal..

If this were the case any normal human being would say AT EVERY SHOW "hey, this is from the upcoming album" or "thanks for coming, look for our new album soon".

he is saying nothing. that makes NO sense if he's promoting the album with the tour.

If this were the case any normal human being would say AT EVERY SHOW "hey, this is from the upcoming album" or "thanks for coming, look for our new album soon".

he is saying nothing. that makes NO sense if he's promoting the album with the tour.

So true.

He doesn't even introduce the songs by name. It makes no sense.

So true.

He doesn't even introduce the songs by name. It makes no sense.

In fact - at the Cleveland show the guy next to me asked me what the "unknown" songs were (I was singing along) - he thought they were playing old-band material that he didn't know.

He had no idea that an album was even rumored.

Exactly.

The tour is promoting GNR !! Yea he could mention that the songs are off the upcoming album(and if it doesnt come out so what), but to me its really hard for me to judge a song by hearing it live for the first time. Axl is playing the songs everyone loves and not letting anyone make a judgement on the new stuff by only hearing it live once. If they mention its off the new album, alot of people would say"that doesnt sound like GNR" or " I like the original stuff better" or whatever and then already have an opinion about how good the new album will be. Its really hard to judge a song by hearing it once, live, in the middle of your well known favorites. The tour is to promote GNR and after everyone remembers and realizes how much they loved the music and miss it, they are sure to buy the new album when it comes out.

Let the flaming begin......:)

Edited by gnfnr2006

2. Huge legal battle between Axl and Universal. No one wants to says something that will later be used against them. It is even possible that Gn'R never planned on releasing the cd and knew Universal would hold it up and ask for more money. GnR went through the motions of announcing a vague release date, and going on tour to help their case in court to claim that Universal is the reason behind the delay. (most probable situation)

Why would Universal Delay it? the only way there gonna recoup $ millions in losses from this charade is to get the album out there. If there was a legal fight, wouldn't there by court dates/records of such a suit??

Wow, a thread thats insightful for once.

I think Axl was being forced to release the album this year by Merck and Universal. He agreed to it thinking he could deliver and all was well. He was the one to come on Eddie Trunk and first said 2006 and he didn't seem to hesitate or shy away from that question. Fast forward to VMA's......like Kaneda said he shrugged and pulled back when the question was asked. That would be my reaction if I was working my ass off to meet a deadline and I knew I wasnt making it. If my record label and everyone around me is pressuring me to get it done you better believe my reaction to that question would be just like Axl's when some no name dipshit asks me that question. It is a lot easier to say an album will be out this year in the beginning of May than the last day of August. Axl couldn't meet the deadline he was suppose to.

To me the delay is all Axl......which duh, by the way, it always has been. He just can't release it, his whole legacy rests upon the success of this album. He's fuckin paranoid and keeps touching it up or maybe he wrote a new song which he wants to get on this album or whatever the fuck holds him back all these years is happening again. Universal and Merck would love to have it out. Theres no promotion cause there is nothing to promote........a final copy of the album has not been put in their hands.

Edited by uzeurilluzion

I am new on here and it amazes me as to the length that people are willing to go to, in order to try and understand what is happening with this album. I like all of you have been waiting for this album for years and will be fucking delighted when it arrives. But I have another twist on this: Perhaps there hasn't been any "major" problems, and perhaps Axl always intended to release the album at this late stage. It would kind of make all this speculation look a bit ridicolous. Perhaps the album has obtained all the marketing it needs from word of mouth and speculation. I mean everyone who knows me knows about this album because of me, that word of mouth advertising is priceless.

Just a thought

You guys do realize you dont have the slightest fucking idea what you are talking about right? I mean really this is all speculation based on nothing. Just thought I would remind you guys of that.

Edited by Gunzen

You guys do realize you dont have the slightest fucking idea what you are talking about right? I mean really this is all speculation based on nothing. Just thought I would remind you guys of that.

Well yeah, with only clues and no band statements etc out, this is the only way to try and figure out what's going on. Everyone who has contributed to this thread knows they're speculating by piecing together the facts that are before them. It's been a great read too!

Well yeah, with only clues and no band statements etc out, this is the only way to try and figure out what's going on. Everyone who has contributed to this thread knows they're speculating by piecing together the facts that are before them. It's been a great read too!

I mean, to some extent I think we all have to admit we kind of dig the insanity of it all-its like a weird case study in an advanced psych class....Honestly-has there ever been a stranger, more complex situation in Rock n Roll than the genesis of Chinese Democracy....For me, at least to some extent, its moved beyond the music and into just a fascination with what are the motivations behind the problems with the album and basically, what the fuck makes Axl Rose tick :) In some ways (and without being too melodramatic) the whole reason why I think we all follow this shit so intensely is because it has so nicely summarizes so many of the weird, fascinating things that are universal to all human beings...just not on such a grand scale...