So What Happened?

raodonne

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RonMexico82

Well when Mommies and their precious little kiddies start attending Guns N Roses concerts along with geriatrics and every bitch in American then you shouldn't be all that surprised.

After the sucsessful European tour things has gione bad for GNR in the states. Half emty arenas, not much publicity in media, the publicity they got has been bad overall. And iof course Chinese Democracy look like it not will come out this year either....

A number of told you this is EXACTLY what would happen.

The U, S, and A is not like it is over there. I don't want to say that their expectations are lower because that sounds like a dis, but I can't think of another way to put it. Euro fans just seemed jazzed when the bands come over there. Fans here aren't the same. We need a reason we are going to go.

Axl has given most of the country no reason. And its a shame.

yea gnr managment are stupid... if they say they are gonna release CD sometime this year a few months ago and well it looks like it isnt comming out this year they should have made a press statement telling the anticipated fans that there has been a delay and the album wont be out this year.

Exactly...

After the sucsessful European tour things has gione bad for GNR in the states. Half emty arenas, not much publicity in media, the publicity they got has been bad overall. And iof course Chinese Democracy look like it not will come out this year either....

A number of told you this is EXACTLY what would happen.

The U, S, and A is not like it is over there. I don't want to say that their expectations are lower because that sounds like a dis, but I can't think of another way to put it. Euro fans just seemed jazzed when the bands come over there. Fans here aren't the same. We need a reason we are going to go.

Axl has given most of the country no reason. And its a shame.

Yep. The US fans expect a little more than a tour. The last tour in 02 failed miserably, and 4 years later, there is STILL no new CD. I'm sad, but not surprised. Axl and Merck should know better.

Axl had promised it, and he has been saying that couple of times. My opinion on Axl has change the last months. Hes a clown!

I still don't get where these people get all of this info... do you ignore Billboard.com? GNR has grossed better than Aerosmith on their tour and the #1 grossing rock act. Billboard.com. Check it out. Likewise... every review I've read about the shows... by non-biased reporters... have been outstanding. The only 'bad' press I've see are people whining about late start times and reporters that are obviously only out to get the Axl and the band for whatever reason.

I suggest you open your eyes a little bit more.

:rolleyes:

Axl had promised it, and he has been saying that couple of times. My opinion on Axl has change the last months. Hes a clown!

I still don't get where these people get all of this info... do you ignore Billboard.com? GNR has grossed better than Aerosmith on their tour and the #1 grossing rock act. Billboard.com. Check it out. Likewise... every review I've read about the shows... by non-biased reporters... have been outstanding. The only 'bad' press I've see are people whining about late start times and reporters that are obviously only out to get the Axl and the band for whatever reason.

Billboard is very missleading. It is not about gross purchases but profit. And I assure you GNR would lag much further behind then seventh place in profit.

pure bullshit...reviews have been positive, definitely not "bad overall" and there has been many sellout shows but people just like to eye on the negatives...for the most part the shows are selling freakin well...they are gaining promotion by rockin the fuck out and gaining these constant positive reviews...axl rose hasnt done one interview on this tour but night in night out he is kicking our asses, what more can you ask for?? thats what rock stars do, they rock, now jump on board or fuck off

now jump on board or fuck off
I love it when people start using GNR quotes. The quotes are always so hypocritical, yet people like you never see it.

Next time you say "jump on board or fuck off", say it to Merck or one of the band members. This is the Chinese Democracy tour, and CD is nowhere in sight. Sounds like GNR isn't "on board" at the moment.

So reporters who say nice things about Axl are non-biased and anyone who criticizes him is out to get him? Did you ever think of the possibility that some of the reviewers might just honestly not like what they see?

Billboard is very missleading. It is not about gross purchases but profit. And I assure you GNR would lag much further behind then seventh place in profit.

Misleading !?! We are not talking about the success of Axls bank account! When you sell enough tickets, at an average price, and place 7th for overall gross sales, you are having a succesful tour. Most of the reviews have been 4 out of 5 start. As for not all of the shows being sold out, what did eveyone expect? No CD! No Promotion! 14 years of silence(thats for you Jameslofton)!

Net profit has nothing to do with the overall success of the tour. You cannot account for the penalties that were paid in some cities for GNR to play at what time THEY wanted to.

Anyone who thinks this tour is not a success has a VERY narrow viewpoint and some personal biasis.

Misleading !?! We are not talking about the success of Axls bank account! When you sell enough tickets, at an average price, and place 7th for overall gross sales, you are having a succesful tour. Most of the reviews have been 4 out of 5 start. As for not all of the shows being sold out, what did eveyone expect? No CD! No Promotion! 14 years of silence(thats for you Jameslofton)!

Net profit has nothing to do with the overall success of the tour. You cannot account for the penalties that were paid in some cities for GNR to play at what time THEY wanted to.

Anyone who thinks this tour is not a success has a VERY narrow viewpoint and some personal biasis.

I saw em, they were great, will se em a two more times this week, sounds like a success to me and just about everyone else who saw them.

I think very few people would actually call the tour a failure. Its not. I think disappointing is a better word. The tour isn't what it was supposed to be, and it has turned into what alot of fans feared it would. The second Chinese Democracy tour is underway, and there still is no album, and logic dictates its not on the horizon. So in essence, even though people hate to come to terms with this, it is a tour in support of Appetite for Destruction. If thats what Axl wants, fine. But promote the tour as that and people wouldn't have a certain set of expectations.

Even though there have been some sellouts, ticket sales are terrible. Here in central california, they couldn't give these tickets away, and they have been on sale for months. I would not be surprised if GNR release a GH Vol. 2 to support the coming second leg of the tour.

I have seen numerous negative posts and one common thread seems to be the people who are bitching haven’t seen them on this tour, not all but it seems like most of them. Not making a blanket statement, but it is an educated guess.

Well I saw them in SF, 9/21 and will see then again twice this week. To me, the tour has been a success, because:

-I read the reviews, which are almost unanimously positive.

-The DJ's, when they do mention Axl, the comments are for the most part positive.

-They were great live, Axl did not "mail it in" as some other posts have said as well as used some weird phrase called "money grab". I doubt seriously any band tour just for the music, I think "grabbing money" is always involved, but I digress.

-Axl seemed like he was having a great time, and other fans have commented on that as well.

-Energy is great, and he only missed one show out of what 40?<--guessing too lazy to look.

So with all that being said, if the tour ends, and nothing else comes from it. Are you people who got to see the show regretting going, and think it is a failure? Or dissapointment? As Jameslofton29 put it?

I don’t want a bunch of Old Skool, Dead Flower smart ass posts, you both have admitted never seeing them, so your opinion to this is not valid, besides, you guys just want to be negative (concert envy).

I ask this because I had such a great time for a great price that I just think I am glad they came back around regardless of the "money grab" The CD would be great, but damn we got one more chance to see a great band (well three actually ;) )

I just can't conjure up the hate or anger for GNR, not after seeing the show and hearing the new music, how about you guys?

Edited by Gunzen