My take on a TWAT video

GNR 1991

I just finished watching Welcome to the Videos for like the 3rd time, and I was thinking about how GN'R's first ''new band'' video would go. If any song first, I would go with TWAT. Here's how it would go...

Axl sitting in his house watching old videos of himself and remembering. Then he watches some videos of him in 2001/2002, and sighs and gets sad. He then thinks about the old band and the new band, and they show the new band. Then they show some live performances (ala LALD), then Axl gets back home and watches more short videos of himself (1991/1992), and then starts taking out his braids one by one, goes into his closet and gets his old clothes and starts trying them on. Then, someway (bare with me), he goes to the past, just like the lyrics, ''If I could go back in time to a place in my soul, there all alone''.

So, basically it would be about how Axl has changed and kinda wants to go back.

What do you guys think? Feel free to spin it around?

Thanks for reading. Please don't move this.

I think that is a pretty cool idea, however if you think they would put the old band members in a video for a second you have to be nuts.

Yeah, that would be a problem. Maybe just focus on how Axl has changed and not the band?\

How would they get around it?

I just finished watching Welcome to the Videos for like the 3rd time, and I was thinking about how GN'R's first ''new band'' video would go. If any song first, I would go with TWAT. Here's how it would go...

Axl sitting in his house watching old videos of himself and remembering. Then he watches some videos of him in 2001/2002, and sighs and gets sad. He then thinks about the old band and the new band, and they show the new band. Then they show some live performances (ala LALD), then Axl gets back home and watches more short videos of himself (1991/1992), and then starts taking out his braids one by one, goes into his closet and gets his old clothes and starts trying them on. Then, someway (bare with me), he goes to the past, just like the lyrics, ''If I could go back in time to a place in my soul, there all alone''.

So, basically it would be about how Axl has changed and kinda wants to go back.

What do you guys think? Feel free to spin it around?

Thanks for reading. Please don't move this.

1.jpg

I think for the "If I Could Go Back Inside To The Place In My Soul etc.."

Should be Axl walking through a mirror and appearing as the old Axl on the other end.

It wouldn't be that hard to do, just cut some old Axl video from the past in and green screen it.

But for some reason I always pictured Gn'R first video, showing incomplete body shots of various members (obviously mainly Axl) during the build up and then the final shot before the song really kicks in is Axl looks face on to the camera (In his glasses of course).

And The background is some sort of light blue swirly design - think of KISS' Pyscho Circus video.

Scary.

Don't like your idea.

I see it like this:

Axl and a girl who he used to be dating.

It would be about the time when they were together and now, when he sees her after sometime.

Some clips form live shows and, of course, Chris Pitman in Iraq dodging bullets.

we dont need anymore Axl & (ex)girlfriend videos

Should be Axl walking through a mirror and appearing as the old Axl on the other end.

It wouldn't be that hard to do, just cut some old Axl video from the past in and green screen it.

But for some reason I always pictured Gn'R first video, showing incomplete body shots of various members (obviously mainly Axl) during the build up and then the final shot before the song really kicks in is Axl looks face on to the camera (In his glasses of course).

And The background is some sort of light blue swirly design - think of KISS' Pyscho Circus video.

Dude! What a fuckin' awesome idea!!!!!!! :shades::shades::shades:

Seriously though - you shouldn't refer to your own ideas as awesome- that's for others to decide.

Dude! What a fuckin' awesome idea!!!!!!! :shades::shades::shades:

Seriously though - you shouldn't refer to your own ideas as awesome- that's for others to decide.

OMG LOLS UR GUD!!

actually i had a similar idea. like...black...and...smokey...and dramatic lighting, arty shots, quick flashes of the band members, maybe flickering between a plot and the band :wub::wub: