Tommy or Duff

dobadog

Duff is/was an incredibly unintelligent person, which explains a lot of that. Didn't he drop out of high school? I love him, but he's pretty dumb. You can tell that from most interviews he gave.

He did go back to college and complete a finance degree after GnR. Most of those interviews were done when he was blind drunk. They were mostly hilarious, too.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its pointless debating the Duff vs Tommy discussion as Duff is GNR. The NGNR are just playing old GNR, granted there are new songs but we havent heard enough to judge his overall contribution as opposed to Duff who contributed to the Best Album of all time AFD. Tommys base is cleaner but hes just playing Duffs cords - I mean youd do it cleaner so as not to be compared to Duff...right? Besides Axl has said previously that they could have recorded AFD with cleaner lines but they and the producer liked the rawer sound which made AFD legendary!

I do appreciate Tommys playing though..At least we get to see GNR

Edited by Voxy

Duff is/was an incredibly unintelligent person, which explains a lot of that. Didn't he drop out of high school? I love him, but he's pretty dumb. You can tell that from most interviews he gave.

He did go back to college and complete a finance degree after GnR. Most of those interviews were done when he was blind drunk. They were mostly hilarious, too.

Very true. Who can forget that interview on the Tokyo DVD?

"I know what Slash's thinking... In his head, you know..."

"I'm put in a conductor-type position"

:lol:

That's exactly the interview I was thinking of when I wrote that. He was basically saying he was the most vital part of the band because he knew "where everybody was coming from" because he plays guitar, drums and sings. :rofl-lol: I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not "dissing" the guy, it's just a funny interview, that's all. As Dead Flower said, he was really drunk/stoned during those days, so it's more amusing than offensive or arrogant.

The problem with achieving fame when you're that young is that egos expand drastically and that is precisely why so many bands such as GN'R eventually implode and collapse. When you have guys battling each other with their inflated egos it gets ugly.

Duff seems to have matured out of that phase, now, based on things he's written and said in interviews. Same for Slash.

Matt (Sorum) never grew out of it. He's still quite arrogant. Axl is the same but in a different way. Matt is like a jock, Axl is more of a control freak. Matt is the type of guy who seems like he'd hit on every girl in a room and think he's total hot shit. Axl not so much...he's egotistical in a different way.

I was watching a VR behind-the-scenes docu and Matt was at an autograph signing and while Slash and Duff were very quiet and subdued, Matt was just talking nonstop raving about how cool everything was. Then he started flirting with girls and it's just funny to watch contrasting personalities like that. :xmasssanta:

In all fairness i don't know either, but from what i have seen of the both of them, Duff appears to be the better person. and why do i think this you're thinking? well, over the past week Tommy has been coming out with some stuff (over guitar throwing and are you with us or against us) that has made he appear like a cock.

Duff by a mile. There's something about Tommy I don't like. Maybe it's the hissyfit he threw at Donington as if he was the big star. Which he's not.

Duff's so much cooler, although perhaps not a better player

oh yeah and that too. Using your own mic is ok by taking the mic from Axl looked wrong at the time .

Unintelligent. Hmmm, not sure about that. When he went back to school did he pass? i think he was wasted alot of the time, being wasted doesn't automatically make someone thick. Besides, wasn't most of the band wasted back then, Slash sounded pretty thick at times to with his wasted slur speech from time to time :)