Axl pissing off potential "Chinese Democracy" buyers

Randy Lahey

All of you "what did you expect" people are not thinking big picture.

You know what MOST PEOPLE "expect"? Not this.

And spare how "rock n roll" this all is. Its fucking stupid and short sighted. He is not winning any people over with this. He's only hurting himself. That is undeniable.

Furthermore, a 45 year old man singing his old band's songs with a bunch of payroll musicians (however great they may be) is NOT "rock n' roll" either. It is business -- nothing more, and nothing less.

FUCKING RIGHT. Thank you, that's the most accurate thing I've read on this forum, ever ever ever.

Then don´t do business with the man. Simple. And why even hang around in his "store" to see what he´s offer?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry about anything Matt 13 says. He's that annoying person that everybody knows, who is so insecure with themselves, that they have to act like they are smarter than everyone. Keep trying Matt, I'm sure Mensa will accept you one of these years.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Why can't this band get good opening acts? I'm watching the Use Your Illusion DVDs, on the first one now, and I think Axl sounds better today on a lot of songs and most of the time I don't even notice the other members as much as I recall.

I still hate that I had to sell back my ticket because of the switch, but travelling 200 miles to see him, and waiting til 1AM(I would have had the Jacksonville show), I think I'd be a little pissed, mainly because I'd have to find a hotel room.

Anyway, I think if they had better opening acts and well some buzz other than speculation, this would do a lot better tour wise.

Also, it's a bit lame to compare to an aging dinosaur like Aerosmith and say that the Crue have any power behind those ticket sales. The recent Crue tour before they were openers is like one of the best selling tours and watching their DVD recently, that show had fans that were ultimately pumped.

I think that could happen with GnR if they were a band being seen. I walked and picked up my issue of Rolling Stone in the mail box last night and thought, "I wonder if Axl will ever be on the cover, based on this speculation?"

Stuff like that would make good press, maybe a sort of Wonka-esque thing. But for now? I mentioned in September I was seeing them live and people were like, "What? Velvet Revolver?" or "What? You mean the Axl Rose band?"

I mean, they need more flair in the press and they don't communicate at all.

Yeah, my mind wanders.

Edited by blueseattle

i saw gnr at the chicago show. i left early and i noticed a lot of other people were leaving also. before i left i sat in a seat by the door to see how many people were leaving, and what the crowd looked like. to my surprise......the fans that didnt leave(most of them) were rocking out hard core! myself...i had a good time! i didnt leave because the new gnr sucked. i had to be back in indianapolis to work early. it was a good fucking show. i also saw them in 2002...also a good fucking show! people who say that this isnt gnr can leave now! "axl with a new band is better then no axl at all" (RS)

Oh, he is pissing off potential buyers.

Something I saw at Inland Invasion really soured me a lot on GnR and pretty much epitomized to me why this tour has been another failure.

In front of me were these two teenage girls with the parents of one of the girls. The girls were only there to see 30 Seconds to Mars while the parents both had on GnR shirts. I got to talking to the dad while some of the shittier bands were playing and he was saying he and his wife were huge GnR fans and they brought his daughter and her friend here to show them a "real band". They've listened to his GnR albums but he thought that if they saw Axl live on stage that it would totally rock their world.

The girls seemed pretty psyched for GnR but then of course.. they're late. A half hour delay turns into an hour, which turns into an hour and a half and by that time a near riot has started with people throwing bottles of piss back and forth from the lawn and orchestra. The family decides they had enough and heads to the parking lot looking dejected. The parents were obvious huge GnR fans, who knew Axl blew a chance to gain two new fans, and probably a lot more judging by the droves of people who left Inland Invasion before Axl ever got to the stage.

The last thing people who had been burning under the hot California desert sun all day wanted was a middle aged guy dicking around backstage for an hour and a half longer than he should because he wants to uphold this "dangerous" reputation that nobody gives a shit about anymore.

Axl lost a surefire chance to gain two new fans that night, and a lot more I'm sure, and that pretty much summed up the failure of this "comeback" to me.

Oh, he is pissing off potential buyers.

Something I saw at Inland Invasion really soured me a lot on GnR and pretty much epitomized to me why this tour has been another failure.

In front of me were these two teenage girls with the parents of one of the girls. The girls were only there to see 30 Seconds to Mars while the parents both had on GnR shirts. I got to talking to the dad while some of the shittier bands were playing and he was saying he and his wife were huge GnR fans and they brought his daughter and her friend here to show them a "real band". They've listened to his GnR albums but he thought that if they saw Axl live on stage that it would totally rock their world.

The girls seemed pretty psyched for GnR but then of course.. they're late. A half hour delay turns into an hour, which turns into an hour and a half and by that time a near riot has started with people throwing bottles of piss back and forth from the lawn and orchestra. The family decides they had enough and heads to the parking lot looking dejected. The parents were obvious huge GnR fans, who knew Axl blew a chance to gain two new fans, and probably a lot more judging by the droves of people who left Inland Invasion before Axl ever got to the stage.

The last thing people who had been burning under the hot California desert sun all day wanted was a middle aged guy dicking around backstage for an hour and a half longer than he should because he wants to uphold this "dangerous" reputation that nobody gives a shit about anymore.

Axl lost a surefire chance to gain two new fans that night, and a lot more I'm sure, and that pretty much summed up the failure of this "comeback" to me.

What I think is particularly lame is that it's all an effort.

I don't mind that he's late so much as I mind that it seems forced.

Back in the day you knew GN'R were turning up late to concerts because of actual conflicts. Nowadays it's as if he purposefully does it at EVERY SINGLE SHOW (which also wasn't the case back then) just to uphold this "legacy" that he thinks is expected of him.

I'd love to see a mature Axl Rose. A 45-year-old trying to channel a 24-year-old is lame in my opinion. Note that I'm not saying all aspects of his current performances are lame - I'm just pointing out this particular thing.

There's so much potential for him to really unleash a new musical genius - you can get away with acting rebellious when you're 23 because it's cool, you're young. When you're pulling the same shit when you're nearly 50 then it doesn't ring true.

I think he should start playing new material for the same reason. Appetite was a youthful thing. Singing songs about shooting up on heroin and all - okay, I know it's for the fans of the old albums, but at the same time I think much more could be incorporated in terms of more mature material. We know he's written some really deep stuff - TWAT, The Blues, CITR, Madagascar, etc. - and I'd love to hear new stuff not because I'm impatient, but because I think Axl would benefit from it.

Edited by Estranged Reality

All that matters is the album.

Sure showing up late every single time to the point where it is routine and therefore contradicts the "we don't play by the rules" idea is totally lame, but all will be forgiven if the album rips your asshole wide open.

Sure Axl looks like a total fag dancing around on stage to twenty year old songs trying to look sexy and cool with the worst hair I've ever seen, but all will be forgiven if the album is the sickest shit you've heard since 91'.

I read the first sentence and can say simply fuck off and get your facts straight. :monkey:

you are correct, I am not going to read the rest either. There was only one cancelled show in the US, and you implied that there are a common occurence. Axl was really only late once a few shows ago. He has been consistently on between 11:00-12:00 pm the whole tour. That is not late, cause that is when he starts. You are just looking for a reason to talk shit. Good answer Seal, done with this thread.

He's not pissing off potential buyers.

"Potential buyers" are not the fans who have been waiting years for the album. It's the fans he's pissing off. Potential buyers don't give a rat's ass because they aren't sitting around waiting for this thing to drop. If it comes out a year from now they would still potentially buy it.

word, cept I am a fan and not pissed off. rock3

Edited by Gunzen

All you people bitching and moaning really make me laugh.Talk all the shit you want,if they came back to your town next week you would buy tickets again. I saw them twice on the Use Your Illusion tour,young,fucked up and with a lot more stamina.Now i'm 30 with a job and kids and prepared myself for this.I saw them in Greensboro and me and my other friends (longtime GNR fans) were not expecting them to be that good after all the things going on in the past years.We also expected the wait.An hour went by,people were getting restless and grumbling.Then the music hit....and everything changed.Noboby even remembered sitting there for an hour.Not expecting much I was given one of the best perfomances i've ever seen.I expected to see a band trying to make a paycheck and move to the next city but was treated to a band that wanted to give the fans there the best performance they could,and enjoy themselves while they did it.Got home at 3am and went to work at 7.Had to suck it up for 8 hours at work,8 HOURS.Thats it,8 hours of felling a little worn to see one of the best bands that ever lived,that i've been waiting on for 14 years to see again.Life is pretty long, 8 hours is nothing to see something that i've wanted to see for that long and i'm sure most of the die-hard rock fans here feel the same way.All you negative people should be thankful for what your getting, you never know if it will be last time you get to experience this thing we call GNR.

All you people bitching and moaning really make me laugh.Talk all the shit you want,if they came back to your town next week you would buy tickets again. I saw them twice on the Use Your Illusion tour,young,fucked up and with a lot more stamina.Now i'm 30 with a job and kids and prepared myself for this.I saw them in Greensboro and me and my other friends (longtime GNR fans) were not expecting them to be that good after all the things going on in the past years.We also expected the wait.An hour went by,people were getting restless and grumbling.Then the music hit....and everything changed.Noboby even remembered sitting there for an hour.Not expecting much I was given one of the best perfomances i've ever seen.I expected to see a band trying to make a paycheck and move to the next city but was treated to a band that wanted to give the fans there the best performance they could,and enjoy themselves while they did it.Got home at 3am and went to work at 7.Had to suck it up for 8 hours at work,8 HOURS.Thats it,8 hours of felling a little worn to see one of the best bands that ever lived,that i've been waiting on for 14 years to see again.Life is pretty long, 8 hours is nothing to see something that i've wanted to see for that long and i'm sure most of the die-hard rock fans here feel the same way.All you negative people should be thankful for what your getting, you never know if it will be last time you get to experience this thing we call GNR.

Don't you mean one of the best singers that ever lived and his new stellar backing band. These guys are unfortunately a glorified cover band until CD drops. I love the new band myself but I'm just calling a Spade a Spade.

Sitting through 2-3 warm up acts and then waiting for Axl to show at 12am is not cool. Especially during the weekdays. I almost wonder if he's not going on later and later just because it's now considered to be part of his act and he loves sticking it to those that complain.

Why would Axl want to "stick it" to paying customers?

you rule rock3

but I had to work ten the :sleeper: next day

did anyone notice that as people complained about late start times Axl came on later and later. It was 11.15pm late then Del had that argument on his artickle and then suddenly they come on at 12pm and 12.30pm? This to me sums up the whole thing. They are just fucking with people. If people said Axl wears too much pink hed come out in full on all pink suede jump suit. It's been a great tour very eventful without any full on fuck ups.

I'm amazed at the number of people on here who like taking it up the ass from GnR. Axl should have a special "Yes Fan" award for you guys. Merck is already a two time "Yes Man" of the year award winner for his stellar work in 2005 and 2006. Dizzy Reed, Paul Huge, and Doug Goldstein are "Yes Man" hall of famers. Sebastion Bach is my early pick to bring home the "Yes Man" trophy of the year for 2007. I think a "Yes Fan" award is in order. I'll nominate Matt 13 as he always seems to be in a chipper mood. Feel free to cast your votes. We'll make a special trophy for the winner that has Axl's shit stained cock in somebodys mouth with the award winners name on it. Feel free to laugh as you just might feel "Better"!!!

A little offtopic.... but people who leave show after they're already in are morons. For fucks sake you already spent the money anyway. Is it THAT hard to wait a bit? I mean... you KNOW it's GnR you're seeing. I can't remember this happening at all during the European tour by the way. Only in the US. Haven't heard about it happening in Canada yet either.

Well, at the Novarock festival in Austria, the venue was pretty much empty for the last hour of the set, and at the london gig the venue was pretty much empty at the end with people needing to catch the tube, so yeah it was europe too.

People leave early because they are a) bored by the end of the incredably drawn out set, b ) they have work the next day, C)they need to catch their transport home.

i find it hard to believe that anyone going to a Guns N' Roses gig doesn't know by now that Axl's always a couple of hours late these days. It certainly does happen in Europe, he treats us all the same. I saw them twice in London this year, and on first at Hammersmith, they were well late, coming on at about 1050pm. The audience was well pissed off chanting all sorts of things like wheres slash and booing.(only the minority of people) but that really pissed me off and i just kept thinking if your not happpy piss off home. A lot of people did leave early because transport finishes quite early in London, also some people had babysitters. I was lucky we went up in the car, and ive got to admit i'd wait all night for Axl to appear if i had to, but yes it is annoying, but thats Axl, hes his own man and does exactly what he wants. The second one i went to this year was at Wembley arena, again he came on late and then left early coz he was ill, due to heavy partying the night before, but again thats life, and thats certainly Axl. Just like Axl comes on stage when he wants to he'll realese the album when he wants to, i personally never thought it would come this year, but for some reason i feel quite sure it will be released next year, maybe thats wishful thinking

If you pass out at midnight from drinking, then you are a cheap date :P

and if you can't stay up late once in a blue moon, then your too old.

shut up and deal with it, its like the parents who get pissed off with sex and violence on TV if you don't like it don't watch it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But for those who have to chose between public transit or staying out all night i guess they have a reason to be pissed off.

The band coming on at midnight is definitely an issue this time around....no question about it.

It's all I hear about from people who were at the Toronto gig.

Midnight for fuck sake...it's pissing a LOT of people off!

I was at the Toronto show, they were onstage before midnight. Around 11:40.

In addition, there was only about a 30-40 minute wait while they setup the stage between Bach and Axl. So the wait in Toronto was not bad at all. 30-40 mins is average for a set change. And considering there are three opening acts, it's pretty good value.

Yes they came on at 11:40...20 minutes to midnight.

The reviews I have been reading from shows after Toronto has the time edging ever closer to midnight.

A 30-40 minute wait isn't long to wait for Guns' stage to be set up after the opening acts,I agree.It's the fact that the set up is taking place when MOST concerts are ending!

Value??...an opening band that no one has ever heard of or cared about.

A cheesey jiggle show that most people didn't give a rat's ass about.

People are there to see Guns n Roses,one opening act is sufficient and Bach has been doing a damn fine job of it.

People keep saying "it's GnR it's expected"...I saw Guns 5 times in 3 countries between 91-93 and they NEVER came on at midnight.

Yeah "it's Guns and it's their rules"...blah blah blah...all I know is when I look at these midnight starts on the grand scheme of things....it's hurting the cause and damaging the momentum.

Die Mannequin actually played the next big thing stage at Edgefest and have picked up a major label (EMI I think), I'm actually sorry I missed them. I thought it was extrememly cool that GNR picked them up for the Canadian dates in the East.

Suicide Girls were fine for what they were.

And Bach appeals to the older GNR fans. But frankly, I preferred the Suicide Girls over Bach. I find Bach to have one volume, screaming loud. He gets boring after a few songs.

I guess you missed Mix Master Mike in 2002? That was the worst set I've ever sat through.

Well good for Die Mannequin,let's see where they are in 3 years...mmmkay?

Judging by the very strong crowd reaction Bach got at the Toronto show,I'd say you were in the minority in preferring a non musical opening act at a rock concert.Fans old...(and young) were giving Bach's band a great response.

You guessed wrong,I sat through Mix Master Mike more than once...it made about as much sense as the Suicide Girls.Lame and out of place.

(...and GnR didn't come on at midnight either)

People who went to the show in Calgary last night said people were leaving.

dude the fans should know by now that gnr is always late and some of them got work in the morning or there tired of waiting and want go home go to bed

I knew it, that's why I fixed my schedule on Monday so that I work later in the day the day after the show instead of in the morning because I don't know what time I'll get back home and I need to get some sleep. It's bad enough that I'll have to hang outside the venue for a few hours before I can get back on the bus and get home lol